Oakleigh
Ormond
PEGS
Preston Bullants
St Johns OC
St Mary's Salesian
Therry Penola OB
Whitefriars OC

Contingent on Bedders rumour Oakleigh is considering a move to the SFL doesn't come to fruition.

The only question then to be answered is who plays the Monders for the silverware.

Brunswick NOBSPC
Ivanhoe
Oakleigh
Ormond
PEGS
Preston Bullants
St Johns OC
St Mary's Salesian
Therry Penola OB
Whitefriars OC

Contingent on Bedders rumour Oakleigh is considering a move to the SFL doesn't come to fruition.

The only question then to be answered is who plays the Monders for the silverware.

Will Paradians survive if Oakleigh depart the comp?

Would be justice for the OPs who I thought a pretty handy bunch despite finishing 9th.

Brunswick NOBSPC
Ivanhoe
Oakleigh
Ormond
PEGS
Preston Bullants
St Johns OC
St Mary's Salesian
Therry Penola OB
Whitefriars OC

There is some travel there.

If Oakleigh leave, does that mean Parade come back, or is there a bye?

The general thoughts out of Elsternwick are that if Oakleigh leave the ammos then OP's will stay up for 2017.

Chump.

P.S. Cracking new fence around the Garvey!

Doesn't seem to me to be a club seriously thinking of shifting comps.

VfcmXk7.gif

'Possibly' in the VAFA.
SFNL pushing forward with woman's footy for 2017 just as strongly as VAFA is. Don't think this articles puts it to bed. I'm hearing Bedders may be on the money.
Would be a shame and a loss for the VAFA if Oakleigh move.

Im sure the VAFA will work out the best scenario, its not like the VAFA is keeping an incompetant team in Parade. Its clear they can play and compete in D1, i would love to see them have another crack, they weren't out of their place after round 10 or so

Im sure the VAFA will work out the best scenario, its not like the VAFA is keeping an incompetant team in Parade. Its clear they can play and compete in D1, i would love to see them have another crack, they weren't out of their place after round 10 or so
My reading of the bit about exciting times ahead in D1 gave me the impression their priority is to remain with the VAFA. While I have no primary info my understanding is there have been no serious discussions about a move to date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will make it a weaker D1 if only one team comes down from C. Two teams that came down from C played in finals this year. Selfishly be handy if they didn't play next year.

There's a former VAFA coach loved by most on this board for his generosity of spirit formerly from a club not far from you whose looking for work "clutchtime.:)
Aitken does have a good coaching record over the Saints, but, unfortunately they've already appointed their senior coach for 2017
upload_2016-9-13_18-36-37.png

Tyler Vujanic won mark of the year for PEGS. Played western jets and williamstown this year. Finished school at PEGS two years ago. Played 5 senior games at PEGS fc. If we can start getting some of the talent from one of the best footy schools in vic it will help the club through the grades. Bloody hard with St Bernard's taking a lot of that talent and EDFL clubs opening up the cheque book. Anyway would imagine he will push for vfl seniors next year, hopefully we can get 4-5 games out of him next year. He is an amazing talent!

Tyler Vujanic won mark of the year for PEGS. Played western jets and williamstown this year. Finished school at PEGS two years ago. Played 5 senior games at PEGS fc. If we can start getting some of the talent from one of the best footy schools in vic it will help the club through the grades. Bloody hard with St Bernard's taking a lot of that talent and EDFL clubs opening up the cheque book. Anyway would imagine he will push for vfl seniors next year, hopefully we can get 4-5 games out of him next year. He is an amazing talent!

no doubt! St.Bernards is in a relatively similar area and is very successful so PEGS should be able replicate that IMO. There is no excuse why PEGS isn't consistently up there, great school, good culture and more importantly pretty good people. If Bernards can ward them off, im sure PEGS will be able to, as PEGS is arguably a better footy school than Bernards

Parade has a similar problem as well, and Aquinas has really gone downhill in attracting talent

St Bernard's have a strong juniors competition that PEGS are replicating. I believe PEGS will have an u 10- u16 team across all ages next year. It has been slowly building over the past 4-5 years. Hopefully this also correlates to the senior club attracting talent from the school after year 12 as well.

no doubt! St.Bernards is in a relatively similar area and is very successful so PEGS should be able replicate that IMO. There is no excuse why PEGS isn't consistently up there, great school, good culture and more importantly pretty good people. If Bernards can ward them off, im sure PEGS will be able to, as PEGS is arguably a better footy school than Bernards

Parade has a similar problem as well, and Aquinas has really gone downhill in attracting talent
enarr

Totally feel the pain of being in lower grades than other local VAFA clubs or at the mercy of high paying leagues within the region.

At the Hoes we have a good relationship with the junior club ......but, many of the kids go to Old Ivanhoe, Carey, Marcellin and Trinity so we lose them to the schools who do a great job - via school footy - to encourage them to the senior VAFA clubs who play in higher grades. Add to this we are very close to the Northern Football League and have several clubs that often pay many of the young guys to play with them...we lost another handful from our premiership under 19's (2016) team.

It's a challenge, but not a new one ...........simply, we just have to get better. Better facilities, better functions, better relationship with the juniors and better standard of footy (up the grades) to give ourselves a better chance of these guys choosing our club.

Hopefully we will have four teams next year with the re-introduction of under 19's and also a women's team. We will be back at our home ground with brand new clubrooms/facilities and have a few extra people jumping on board the committee and sponsors calling us to inquire about 2017 opportunities.

We also have the unknown of new coaches and what they bring to the club in terms of game style, culture/workethic, contacts and potentially players.

Looking forward to 2017 already as would love to play some finals .....if we are good enough!

Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back