D1 Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game at Scammel reserve. Oakleigh had a fantastic 1st half, but struggled in the second. Interestingly enough the okleigh coach declared at both 1/4 and 1/2 time that the bullants were a shit team .... interesting observation. Last quarter was an awesome completion despite oakleigh hitting players off the ball. Umpiring could only be described as very very ordinary. Well done Krushers
I hear the Krushers coach struggles to keep good assistants on board.

Had a look at the first half and St Johns were good , put a fair bit of pressure on Ormond. They won't go 0-18.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Watched the Ormond vs St. John's game, I must say I was surprised the jocs were a lot better than I thought they would have been, they missed a lot of chances in front of goal and are probably kicking themselves as it was definitely a winnable game for them...still think depth is an issue for them, they seemed to struggle once their key back went off with an injury, not sure how many they have still to come back in but judging by their twos they don't have much to come in.

Watched the Ormond vs St. John's game, I must say I was surprised the jocs were a lot better than I thought they would have been, they missed a lot of chances in front of goal and are probably kicking themselves as it was definitely a winnable game for them...still think depth is an issue for them, they seemed to struggle once their key back went off with an injury, not sure how many they have still to come back in but judging by their twos they don't have much to come in.
I think the Ormond boys watching the 2's like a few years ago got ahead of themselves. As I posted last night , the St Johns players and staff were exceptional after the game. Looking forward to the return game in July. A cracker coming up this week at SMS with 4 games for the day, 3rds, ressies , women then Seniors. How they are going to do it, change rooms etc will be a task.

St Johns 2's have been ordinary for a few years now, pretty good effort they have managed to keep their 1s strong in that time though

4/5 last week...wasn't expecting that result from Preston vs Ivanhoe not sure if anyone other than the bullants would have seen that coming.

Ormond to beat St.John's... by 10+ Goals
St. Mary's to beat NOBS... by 6 goals
PEGS to beat Ivanhoe...under 12 points
Preston to beat Oakleigh...by 5 goals
Therry to beat Friars...under a goal

4/5 AGAIN...

Really looking forward to the top of the table clash this week between St. Mary's vs Ormond.
The fire power up forward for St. Mary's I think will test Ormond's backs.

PEGS over NOBS 6 Goals
HOES
over Oakleigh under 12 points
THERRY over JOCS by 4 goals and long drive home
PRESTON over Friars by 8 goals
ST.MARY'S over Ormond in a thriller...under a goal.

4/5 AGAIN...

Really looking forward to the top of the table clash this week between St. Mary's vs Ormond.
The fire power up forward for St. Mary's I think will test Ormond's backs.

PEGS over NOBS 6 Goals
HOES
over Oakleigh under 12 points
THERRY over JOCS by 4 goals and long drive home
PRESTON over Friars by 8 goals
ST.MARY'S over Ormond in a thriller...under a goal.

What if it doesn't go forward too many times ? The Ormond back line is not to be sneezed at. So the midfield will be the key, what do SMS have ?. 4 games on the one day.

What if it doesn't go forward too many times ? The Ormond back line is not to be sneezed at. So the midfield will be the key, what do SMS have ?. 4 games on the one day.

If it doesn't go forward too many times then I'm tipping they wont kick too many goals...Don't Disagree with you Ormonds backs are no push overs but the height and marking power of the talls for St. Mary's I think will stretch Ormond along with most teams backs for the season.
their midfield in Jones, Chipperfeild etc. seem to be getting the job done atm, from what Ive heard they were all over St. Johns mids who seemed to take it right up to Ormonds mids last round. will be an absolute cracker!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it doesn't go forward too many times then I'm tipping they wont kick too many goals...Don't Disagree with you Ormonds backs are no push overs but the height and marking power of the talls for St. Mary's I think will stretch Ormond along with most teams backs for the season.
their midfield in Jones, Chipperfeild etc. seem to be getting the job done atm, from what Ive heard they were all over St. Johns mids who seemed to take it right up to Ormonds mids last round. will be an absolute cracker!!!
I remember Jones, can play , but sooks a bit.

Indeed the forward firepower of SMS was the difference in a very tight and highly entertaining match at Ferndale this afternoon. Could have gone either way in the last quarter. Ormond and SMS both looking good for finals. Keen to see how each of them go against the Bullants.

Bullants seniors pulled away after an entertaining first half. We had managed to win both the two curtainraisers (u19 and reserves), but the one that really matters once again saw the opposition ran all over us after half time in the road.

This is a worrying trend as clearly our sub standard fitness and inability to spread when we get turnovers is causing us to falter offensively as the game wears on.

Bit hard to get fitter in May.

Indeed the forward firepower of SMS was the difference in a very tight and highly entertaining match at Ferndale this afternoon. Could have gone either way in the last quarter. Ormond and SMS both looking good for finals. Keen to see how each of them go against the Bullants.
Their ex SKOBS players were very good. It's a shame the game was ruined by a geriatric ump, but that's what you get in a low div.
There is a great respect from both clubs with the SMS boys coming in to our rooms with a full esky , party pies etc. Fantastic for the game and future meetings and im sure that wouldn't happen in A grade.
Cracking game of footy , looking forward to the return bout in round 12.

Last edited:
Their ex SKOBS players were very good. It's a shame the game was ruined by a geriatric ump, but that's what you get in a low div.
There is a great respect from both clubs with the SMS boys coming in to our rooms with a full esky , paty pies etc. Fantastic for the game and future meetings and im sure that wouldn't happen in A grade.
Cracking game of footy , looking forward to the return bout in round 12.
Hope it wasn't that Boag's crap.

think ormond have PB this week which should be a good one, i am a bit surprised at SMS, didn't think they would step up this well, they are playing great

Can't say i was expecting the st. johns result, good win for them to get their season rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back