D1 Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't able to make it to the Gunn to meet the great Bedford but no doubt he will be bathing in amber fluid after the two pastings handed out by the home side.

We had to do the ring around (including me) to try to fill the 2s bench. I think we got 20 confirmed so I didn't feel so bad having to work and miss out!

Not looking like notching up a win in the near future, though hosting St Johns next week could be our best chance before the halfway mark!

Wasn't able to make it to the Gunn to meet the great Bedford but no doubt he will be bathing in amber fluid after the two pastings handed out by the home side.

We had to do the ring around (including me) to try to fill the 2s bench. I think we got 20 confirmed so I didn't feel so bad having to work and miss out!

Not looking like notching up a win in the near future, though hosting St Johns next week could be our best chance before the halfway mark!
What about number 22 in your ressies, now that is a massive unit, give him a crack in the firsts. Interesting that your whole club spent 30 mins in the middle of the Gunn after the game and yes did but a few away. No way are we gloating, as there is no one with footy at heart like to see beltings like that. Good luck Hedge.

Last edited:

The Whitefrias supporters in the Gunn grandstand had plenty of lip for a team that was flogged in both games. Looks like nothing has changed with them. Great effort by Preston so far, can they do it again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I honestly think coaching is the issue, the play such a boring risk adverse game for a team so young, you don't win football games by being passive. AFL teams have issues by being being so one dimensional kicking short all the time, it's just not a game plan where you can score enough

PB still yet to play SMS and Pegs so we will know more until then i think

I honestly think coaching is the issue, the play such a boring risk adverse game for a team so young, you don't win football games by being passive. AFL teams have issues by being being so one dimensional kicking short all the time, it's just not a game plan where you can score enough

PB still yet to play SMS and Pegs so we will know more until then i think

Unfortunately, we have lost several key forwards and a couple of our better senior ball users from last season, so we haven't got the capacity to bang it in long and quick to contests. Seems the game style is designed to control the footy and starve the opposition. Easier to do on a big ground with space to chip it around. On postage stamps like Ferndale and E E Gunn, skill errors are quickly punished.

Unfortunately, we have lost several key forwards and a couple of our better senior ball users from last season, so we haven't got the capacity to bang it in long and quick to contests. Seems the game style is designed to control the footy and starve the opposition. Easier to do on a big ground with space to chip it around. On postage stamps like Ferndale and E E Gunn, skill errors are quickly punished.
The Gunn is a bit bigger than Ferndale.

I know you guys lost Daniel Hogan. He was one of the better players I've played against in Division 1 and a top bloke. I like playing against your mob, both in footy and cricket. Always play in the right spirit with a lot of enthusiasm. Hopefully you can find some form again, pick up some wins and get back amongst the pack.

I know you guys lost Daniel Hogan. He was one of the better players I've played against in Division 1 and a top bloke. I like playing against your mob, both in footy and cricket. Always play in the right spirit with a lot of enthusiasm. Hopefully you can find some form again, pick up some wins and get back amongst the pack.

Agreed on both fronts, Hoges is a fantastic fella and can play better than most in this Division.

Unlike several others, he didn't tip toe off to the Ea$tern Football League.

Sadly the British AFL seems to be the most likely league he would play in for the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2/5 don't try tip upsets!!...

Ormond
6 goals
Ivanhoe 3 goals
SMS 5 goals
Oakleigh 8 goals
Preston 10 goals

3/5 last week...

very surprised with SMS especially after seeing the lead they gave up, cant wait to see the PEGS v Preston Game this week, I think Preston will be looking to prove a point that they are top 2 contenders come the end of the year.

Ormond vs NOBS
SMS vs Hoes
Preston vs PEGS
Oakleigh vs Therry
Friars will break the drought vs Jocs

3/5 last week...

very surprised with SMS especially after seeing the lead they gave up

We came out with a ridiculously strong breeze and put them to the sword early, but were on the receiving end of the same treatment in the 2nd quarter. No team in the league has a greater home ground advantage than PEGS. We really struggled to implement our brand of footy against the gale force breeze and that was ultimately our downfall. I'm confident we will more than measure up against them on our ground, and come finals it should be pretty interesting to see what sort of ground is used and which teams the selection plays into the hands of.

We came out with a ridiculously strong breeze and put them to the sword early, but were on the receiving end of the same treatment in the 2nd quarter. No team in the league has a greater home ground advantage than PEGS. We really struggled to implement our brand of footy against the gale force breeze and that was ultimately our downfall. I'm confident we will more than measure up against them on our ground, and come finals it should be pretty interesting to see what sort of ground is used and which teams the selection plays into the hands of.

FWIW so no Plan B?

Why is Dolan not at SKOBS , I heard he got moved on.

Why is Dolan not at SKOBS , I heard he got moved on.

Has been raised previously. Left of own accord due to lack of opportunity. I think the general theme was that he lacked the commitment to play Premier grade, showed little when he was given an opportunity and did not get along with the coach at the time (Harford).

Obviously has some talent. Would welcome him at the club where his old man played if he ever felt so inclined!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back