----------------------------
5. Oakleigh
6. Prahran Assumption
7. UHS VU
8. Preston
9. Old Parade
10. West Brunswick

Good luck to all involved.

Big call on uhs, any reason? Hard too see them win 3 in a row, big jump d2 to d1.
Really outside looking in stuff here haha. But I like their development and think they've built a strong club - on the back of Kew patterns - but you are right, very difficult to jump three times.

Any Preston and West Brunswick posters keen to thrown down some rebuttal? Think it is going to be a very even year.

Really outside looking in stuff here haha. But I like their development and think they've built a strong club - on the back of Kew patterns - but you are right, very difficult to jump three times.

Any Preston and West Brunswick posters keen to thrown down some rebuttal? Think it is going to be a very even year.

FWIW I have heard around the traps Preston have recruited a few, including some returning players, 3 senior NFL players and exAFL guy from Giants maybe? Registrations don't seem to have dropped yet so all scuttlebut.

Think Oakleigh may surprise a few, a solid base of players that not long ago went ok in Prem C. Actually think D1 the most open of all grades in 2019.

Think Oakleigh may surprise a few, a solid base of players that not long ago went ok in Prem C. Actually think D1 the most open of all grades in 2019.

How do you surprise a few when you missed a grand final last year by 3 goals?

Borland back and absolute quality kids. You’d think the team to beat if healthy

How do you surprise a few when you missed a grand final last year by 3 goals?

Borland back and absolute quality kids. You’d think the team to beat if healthy

Well everyone so far has predicted they are gonna miss finals.

Especially if they find second half of 2018 form again, should be strong

Ladder prediction for Division 1 (why not?)

UHS-VU
Therry Penola
Peninsula
Kew
St Mary's Salesian
Oakleigh
Old Parade
Prahran Assumption
West Brunswick
Preston

I like the way this man thinks :clapping:

UHS-VU (hopefully)
Oakleigh (finished 3rd last yr)
Peninsula (got relegated last yr & won a few games)
Prahran (they were really good last time we played them back in 2011)

Therry Penola (everyone else has them up there)
St Marys (running out of things to say)
Kew (we beat them in a game we got to play on IKON park in about 2010, was a good day)
Old Paradians (we beat them last yr)
West Brunswick (i have not idea if they will be this low but as long as they are 1 spot below us)
Preston (purely because everyone else has said this)

Don't know much about the other clubs but Oakleigh have some quality kids coming through. Find it difficult to recruit players that aren't born and bred Oakleigh as we don't have the resources of other clubs.

In saying that it builds a strong culture that makes us competitive every year. Always happy to surprise the punters

Don't know much about the other clubs but Oakleigh have some quality kids coming through. Find it difficult to recruit players that aren't born and bred Oakleigh as we don't have the resources of other clubs.

In saying that it builds a strong culture that makes us competitive every year. Always happy to surprise the punters

Competitive every year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok,,,so they aren't always competitive as was claimed. Talk about playing the victim!

Haha, great call, but really we are trying as hard as we can and don’t generally sook... generally.
but I’ve been around my place for a long time and have ridden the highs and lows.. and lows BUT when I see a club who has 3 times the resources that we do try to justify their poor performances I call BS.. if any of you grade people want to come down and spend a day in the divisions I’m more than happy to accommodate you...

Strong..”love the comp” abode... don’t start me on the Goddardthing#

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha, great call, but really we are trying as hard as we can and don’t generally sook... generally.
but I’ve been around my place for a long time and have ridden the highs and lows.. and lows BUT when I see a club who has 3 times the resources that we do try to justify their poor performances I call BS.. if any of you grade people want to come down and spend a day in the divisions I’m more than happy to accommodate you...

Strong..”love the comp” abode... don’t start me on the Goddardthing#

But wouldn’t imagine we I the lower divisions would hear too much from you top end boys (except bedders) as we just make up the “numbers”!!

Many teams over the years have been relegated with 5/6 wins and reasonable percentage. Relegation does not mean non competitive! Looking at this grade I would "say" that Peninsula have a massive home ground advantage and coming down from C Grade are the ones to beat. Those coming up will be happy to stay up. The perennial Div 1 Oakleigh and a cashed up Therry are the obvious dangers. Oddball back so Kew will have the loudest bench. Prahran/Preston happy to be there again. St Marys have done well to peak in C Grade. Two newcomers as I said one a school old boys teams and the combine is a mystery. I played against UHSOB way way back in the 70s and they had talent but the school is shot as far as sport goes [MHSOB & UHSOB were the measures in the 60s/70s]. Good effort to get to this level. Feeling happy after backing the winner of the Newmarket so not going to slate anyone.

Happy Eye

I would say winning 5/6 games and knocking off the eventual premiers Mazenod during the year as being pretty competitive, although we were relegated.

Bit touchy there champ.

pot-kettle-black.

Ok-so you were always competitive every time you got relegated-well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back