D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all
I’m a supporter of a few different ammo teams for various reasons - one of these Parkside.. I’m intrigued as to why Ivanhoe would consider in any way moving to the NFL? To pay players? To drink cans during the game? Parkside have gone from strength to strength since coming back to the VAFA with really strong links to the junior club .. a great place to be at the moment . It seems the weaker the junior club links (see Northcote/Northcote Park which have no link as far as I know) the greater the pull to a league like the NFL .. I know parkside would never go back and I’m really intrigued as to why it’s even on the table for Ivanhoe ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to admire the turn around in that club since their return to the VAFA. Well done to all involved I say.

As for Ivanhoe, I'm sure those involved are looking at everything and will advise reasons IF that's what they think might be a good thing for our club. Just lots of chatter as it stands right now.

Chump 🏆

So how many and i really do admire his loyalty , he just needs to get his facts right about the juniors , i know as a senior club some would at a junior level deny a club juniors , but PS DOESN'T WANT TO GET IT. The SMJFL is a pathetic body

Why bother he won’t listen I was told at the time it was OJFC who is a seperate body to the seniors . The female president at the time , forgot her name hated McKinnon Secondary.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You really are a cooker . Tell us how many clubs have merged and how many were you part of , but you never answer . What is your true home ground ? it's not Packer Park , what was it old boy
Again the knowall of everyt on Big footy has spoken. FYI Started the original club at Packer Park in 1970 . President for 10 yrs. Team manager for 40 yrs. Life member and paid up member for 54 yrs Served on the Committee of management at Packer for 20 years till COMs we abolished. Was involved in mergers so other clubs wouldn't disappear into oblivion. Suggest you sack your moles. What hateful man.

Last edited:

Why bother he won’t listen I was told at the time it was OJFC who is a seperate body to the seniors . The female president at the time , forgot her name hated McKinnon Secondary.

I fear the point is being missed. GE doesn’t have some vendetta and specifically target Ormond juniors because the junior club was blocked. The junior club was blocked, the relationship with McKinnon sec was made. GE recruits McKinnon sec kids. Some McKinnon sec kids played junior footy at Ormond. There is nothing more to it than that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Again the knowall of everyt on Big footy has spoken. FYI Started the original club at Packer Park in 1970 . President for 10 yrs. Team manager for 40 yrs. Life member and paid up member for 54 yrs Served on the Committee of management at Packer for 20 years till COMs we abolished. Was involved in mergers so other clubs wouldn't disappear into oblivion. Suggest you sack your moles. What hateful man.

No doubt so you didn’t disappear !

So what was the name of the club in 1970 ? and how many different names while you were the main man

Why don't you guys start your own Glen Eira V Ormond thread where you and anyone else who wants to comment can.

Then the rest of us can enjoy the D1 or Premier C threads and discuss the footy.

Its great to have the whole week off from training & games. Looking forward to the Prahran game next up. They really took it up to us at home and we look forward to the return bout.

Strange that we play them for a second time in round 9 and we haven't played UHS yet.

Where does the Glenhuntly part come in then? They are part of your club heritage but were around 100-odd years ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does the Glenhuntly part come in then? They are part of your club heritage but were around 100-odd years ago?
They were a club that played behind Glen Eira secondary school. Caulfield grammar play there there now. Glenhuntly didn't have anyone left to run the club and were shutting down. Some were known to GE people so they were given the option to join GE. As a matter of fact their old president is one of our trainers.

They were a club that played behind Glen Eira secondary school. Caulfield grammar play there there now. Glenhuntly didn't have anyone left to run the club and were shutting down. Some were known to GE people so they were given the option to join GE. As a matter of fact their old president is one of our trainers.
So behind the racecourse , they were in the old Southern churches comp as were Mazenod in the same division , so what year was that and what year was the name Glen Eira first used ?

The mix between GE and the Gryphons has been a fantastic meld. Great guys becoming great friends for the love of football. Now a thriving club with 3 senior men's and 1 senior woman's teams plus 2 under19 sides. This was nurtured by our previous President who is now on the VAFA board. His legacy is in the very capable hands of another forward thinking president.

Was some very good people who set that club up , were sad when they folded.
Oh well we might get some history today Jim
Those same people are still around.

We didn't fold we partnered then merged. The Gryphons are still around and stronger than ever.

The mix between GE and the Gryphons has been a fantastic meld. Great guys becoming great friends for the love of football. Now a thriving club with 3 senior men's and 1 senior woman's teams plus 2 under19 sides. This was nurtured by our previous President who is now on the VAFA board. His legacy is in the very capable hands of another forward thinking president.
So when was the name Glen Eira first used great man

Remove this Banner Ad

D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back