D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Took the dog down to Rathmines on the weekend where there was more security than the recent Taylor Swift concerts. Easy pay day for some of the boys.
Interesting game of football where the final score didn't truly reflect the game. Both sides seemed to hit hard with injuries with Raiti and Luke Huber out of the game early for the Citz while Jones and Hankin seemed to be hampered from the start. Hankin still kick 5 mind you!! It appeared that Elsternwick didn't have a bench in the last - could be wrong.
For my Citz, the long injury run continues and I was told they had 55 unavailability's throughout the club on the weekend. They had a crack this week but Elsternwick too good on the day.
Better players for each side: Citz - Webb (hard as nails and playing a lone hand in the midfield), JB in the ruck and a new guy Loxton who tagged the guy who won the GF medal out of the game. For the Wicks, #11 and #35 were outstanding and Hankin and Jones were very good for them as well. #3 looks to be the most annoying player in the comp??
Testing time for the Citz - need players back and need them quickly!!

brought the cat down to gillon oval this saturday to catch a bit of brunswick vs friars. a nice hotly contested game. number 12 for brunswick was incredible off of half back, and might i say quite handsome. friars brought a polished unit but in the end ran out of steam against a brunswick side that is fortunate to have number 12: a rugged man that i suspect smells brilliant.

brought the cat down to gillon oval this saturday to catch a bit of brunswick vs friars. a nice hotly contested game. number 12 for brunswick was incredible off of half back, and might i say quite handsome. friars brought a polished unit but in the end ran out of steam against a brunswick side that is fortunate to have number 12: a rugged man that i suspect smells brilliant.
What a load of bullocks....everyone knows cats hate football.

WF
Elsternwick in a close one
Brunswick to do a number on hawthorn
WP easily
MHSOB to make it 4 in a row in a close one. Will be the match of the round for Div 2

Took the dog down to Rathmines on the weekend to watch the Citz take on Brunswick. Henry (my dog) was on the look out for the Brunswick cat but it was nowhere to be seen.
It was a great game of local footy with two very evenly matched teams - on the day. In my opinion, the Citz had the best of the first half but couldn't break away from Brunswick. Every time they got momentum, #1 would find some space and arrest the momentum and kick a crumbing goal. #13 was well held by Avery and #23 was marking everything across half back.
Great to see Billy Meehan back in the goal square - he really adds another dimension to the Citz forward line.
Undiscipline by the Citz in the 3rd allowed two goals from 50m penalties (one 100m) saw NOBs kick four goals in 10 mins which ended up being the difference in the game.
The Citz had their opportunities in the last, missing about 5 set shots.
Brunswick are a very even team, apart from #1 and #23 who are standouts, very even across the ground. All good sized, big bodied players and play a very disciplined brand of football.
For my Citz, much better effort. Good to see some names back in the line up, hopefully they can build on what was a very good performance from them.

Ladder is so tight, we could see two points separate 4th and 8th by the end of it. 3rd and 8th could be 4 points.

Brunswick
Friars
SMS
Citz
Wicks

Got bored and did a mid season team of the year

Any changes? Who’s stiff ? Thoughts?

Boots (H) Avery (H) Armenia (SMD)

Haddock (B) White (B) Rubidge (SMS)

McKenzie (B) Wilson (B)(c) garret (WF)

Pereira (MH) Raiti (H) Brooker (SMD)

Hankin (E) Parker (B) Kiesker (WF)

Jones (E) Hogenbirk (B) EHC (H)

Coverdale(B) warrick (WF) Galtieri (WF) Larsen (WF)

Coach Hunter (B)

Coach Hunter (B)
Biased but I'd have Tricarico in there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach Hunter (B)
Not a bad effort there. From what I saw on Saturday, I would have Cloverdale starting as their are not many players in the division like him.
Wasn't a big wrap for Hogenbirk. Big bodied and takes a good mark but does very little around the ground for a midfielder - plus a horrible kick.
I'm biased as well, but surely Harvey gets a run? Actually both Harvey's, the Wicks one as well.

Great crack at the 22, wouldn't really change it. Cloverdale starting yep, but Hogenbirk deserves a spot in there.

Coach Hunter (B)
Side note - will we see Brunswick unravel at some point? not to say that they aren't flying, they've won every bloody game comfortably, however the past few weeks have been much closer with hawthorn and friars. Could be really chasing something, but ya never know.

Coach Hunter (B)
Would say a few more Wicks players could be in there.
Sitting second on the ladder with a gap. Convery or Hill on a wing. Sanderson in the middle/half forward.

Not a bad effort there. From what I saw on Saturday, I would have Cloverdale starting as their are not many players in the division like him.
Wasn't a big wrap for Hogenbirk. Big bodied and takes a good mark but does very little around the ground for a midfielder - plus a horrible kick.
I'm biased as well, but surely Harvey gets a run? Actually both Harvey's, the Wicks one as well.
I have Harvey from Hawthron in there as EHC

Agree with Coverdale statement. Not many players can do what we does but I believe he missed games early

If that’s what you saw from Hogenbirk he must have had an off day because I reakon the bloke can play. I reakon the blokes playing on him might agree

Great crack at the 22, wouldn't really change it. Cloverdale starting yep, but Hogenbirk deserves a spot in there.

Side note - will we see Brunswick unravel at some point? not to say that they aren't flying, they've won every bloody game comfortably, however the past few weeks have been much closer with hawthorn and friars. Could be really chasing something, but ya never know.
Both WF and Hawks look to have gone very close and pushed them. Everyone gettable on there day

They look to have a lot of depth with there twos also clearly on top

Unfortunately had to have my cat put down this week so attended Rathmines solo. He gave me 17 years of companionship and had a 10 year pet membership at the nobs. The boys ran through a banner with his face on it pregame and brought home the win in his honour.

It was a quality matchup with turnovers proving costly given that Rathmines oval is about 20 metres end to end. the citz have some special players and will no doubt be pushing the best sides once they pull it together. Nobs managed to get on top in the second half and go to 9-0.

I'm more an onlooker than an involved clubman, but ive been hearing whispers that we are hiding a player of some quality in the 2s. I don't know much about him, just that the boys call him "The Bont". Something to keep an eye on.

Unfortunately had to have my cat put down this week so attended Rathmines solo. He gave me 17 years of companionship and had a 10 year pet membership at the nobs. The boys ran through a banner with his face on it pregame and brought home the win in his honour.

It was a quality matchup with turnovers proving costly given that Rathmines oval is about 20 metres end to end. the citz have some special players and will no doubt be pushing the best sides once they pull it together. Nobs managed to get on top in the second half and go to 9-0.

I'm more an onlooker than an involved clubman, but ive been hearing whispers that we are hiding a player of some quality in the 2s. I don't know much about him, just that the boys call him "The Bont". Something to keep an eye on.
Sorry about the cat mate some things are bigger than footy. Can’t 100 percent confirm as I was at the Taylor swift concert tonight myself but my mate was walking his dog past Gillon oval tonight and he saw “the Bont” training with the ones this week. He couldn’t smell number twelve so no comment there.

Interesting results on the weekend, BT reserves cop their second 300 point loss, Seniors almost beat WF, SMS and MH in a "sharp shooting" affair and Brunswick are beatable.

Credit to South, that was a cracking game, however I did see that Tajh Haddock did not play. Was that the difference?

That 3rd and 4th spot still up for grabs between South, WF, WP and MH

Elsternwick
MH
SMS
Brunswick
BT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back