Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think it'd all be possible but I doubt much is possible while the league (and indeed the whole sport) is tied to the Gameday system (Sporting Pulse / Fox Sports Pulse / Pulse / however many iterations it's been through).

It's a 20 year old system that is super clunky.

Interesting that the East Burwood v Mitcham womens game today is being live streamed by East Burwood.Well done EB.

Last edited:
Interesting that the East Burwood v Mitcham womens game today is being live streamed by East Burwood.Well done EB.
I think EB is trying to do that for all home games, did it during the past few years during lockdowns, and it was a huge success. Solid wins today by the Women, Reserves, and the Seniors. I thought all games would be a lot closer and I am really happy with the 4 points. Ringwood at Ringwood will be a cracker next week. If other scores are correct, Boronia going down by a kick at Sth Belgrave and the Basin getting rolled by Templestowe shows how even the comp is. Don't know how Knox went against Ringwood, I will presume Ringwood won comfortably.

I think EB is trying to do that for all home games, did it during the past few years during lockdowns, and it was a huge success. Solid wins today by the Women, Reserves, and the Seniors. I thought all games would be a lot closer and I am really happy with the 4 points. Ringwood at Ringwood will be a cracker next week. If other scores are correct, Boronia going down by a kick at Sth Belgrave and the Basin getting rolled by Templestowe shows how even the comp is. Don't know how Knox went against Ringwood, I will presume Ringwood won comfortably.
Ringwood and Knox are playing a night game. I would expect Ringwood to win tonight and go to the top of the ladder.

Not sure EB live streamed their 2,s and 1,s,ask the question did they.

As Cliff said they didn't, they are however looking at it. EB videos all their games and the person doing the recording said it's very easy to stream the games.

I watched a fair bit of the womens game and thought it was done very well.The only fault I found was the score did not show until a goal was kicked or play was in front of the scoreboard.

If i was running any local club currently i wouldn't be giving anyone another reason not to attend your ground and watch the game live.
That's the conundrum they are dealing with. There are people that can't attend for various reasons, mostly health issues but are paid up members. Do you wipe them? There are clubs that facilities are below par and people won't go to those venues and some club members simply don't travel to opposition grounds. You need people to attend local football but you don't wipe those who can't. It's a balancing act.

That's the conundrum they are dealing with. There are people that can't attend for various reasons, mostly health issues but are paid up members. Do you wipe them? There are clubs that facilities are below par and people won't go to those venues and some club members simply don't travel to opposition grounds. You need people to attend local football but you don't wipe those who can't. It's a balancing act.
You dont have to wipe them. But i doubt anyone paying $50 for a social membership is going to stop paying because their club isn't live streaming the games.

Heard there is lots of Flu going around this week so many many players out.
and Covid, it's Rife. The suggestion is a lot of late changes and some struggling to field Reserves teams. We shall see.

I got word this morning that one club may not field a Reserve's team and will forfeit the game. The Seniors will be basically the reserves team. This is from a club function where at least 40 people have got the Flu/Covid.

Another update, this is apparently across all divisions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The young Rams kids are amazing. Many of the older blokes out and they still won. Was very exciting.
Great win, the kids just have a crack. With so many outs, the reserves fielded 19 players, and 1 got injured early and still won comfortably without a bench. There's a lot of depth that they are developing. It's a tough win as Ringwood had the wind in the last qtr. The Women's team won as well. Good time for the break with illness and injuries are many.

Great win, the kids just have a crack. With so many outs, the reserves fielded 19 players, and 1 got injured early and still won comfortably without a bench. There's a lot of depth that they are developing. It's a tough win as Ringwood had the wind in the last qtr. The Women's team won as well. Good time for the break with illness and injuries are many.
Craig O'Malley continuing to rack up games.

Sth Belgrave kicking 40.21, I was asked if that was the highest score ever kicked in the EFL? I didn't think it was but it's certainly a massive score. Oakleigh Districts Kicked their highest score of the year finishing with 7.4.

Everyone has played everyone once, now we start again.

Sth Belgrave kicking 40.21, I was asked if that was the highest score ever kicked in the EFL? I didn't think it was but it's certainly a massive score. Oakleigh Districts Kicked their highest score of the year finishing with 7.4.

Everyone has played everyone once, now we start again.

I can go back to 1971 and the highest score since then is in 2016.Forest Hill 54.26 beat Nunawading in seniors.Matthew Carnelly kicked 25 goals,In that season I went down to Nunawading and helped them a few times off field and 1 day they gave me the scoreboard to do in the 2nds.Ferntree Gully kicked a 63.26 to nil.

Last edited:
The Rams had 21 players out with the Flu/Covid. Ringwood lost their coach and a few players as well. Full credit to the young Rams, to win both games away is a massive effort and shows they have a lot of depth. Oh, that's right the Rams don't deserve to be in Div 2. They have played everyone, and are currently sitting 3rd on equal points with 2nd.

The Rams had 21 players out with the Flu/Covid. Ringwood lost their coach and a few players as well. Full credit to the young Rams, to win both games away is a massive effort and shows they have a lot of depth. Oh, that's right the Rams don't deserve to be in Div 2. They have played everyone, and are currently sitting 3rd on equal points with 2nd.

Looks a good tight comp. Top 3 you’d say are playing finals, then maybe the next 5 battling out for the two remaining spots. Probably Knox and definitely Oakleigh too far back.

Would have to say EB and Mulgrave the teams of the year so far, EB promoted and looking at last year, Mulgrave were trash.

Though EB shouldn’t really be a surprise, have said before the middle divs D1-D2-D3, if you’re a strong side you’ll most probably be a strong competitor in the next grade up, not the huge gap that there is with D4 and Premier.

I wasn't that confident Bunk as we recruited basically one player and had at least 10 pull the pin. I was happy to be competitive and not go straight back down. In the first game, we played Knox and when we won I thought we are not that bad. Then with each game, my mindset changed. Traveling to Boronia I thought here's a test and we stood up and kicked away and just ran away from them. The young players want to and know how to win and it's infectious. The Basin and Sth Belgrave on small grounds showed we are physically not up to, and I accept that and in saying that those games will benefit those young kids. The coach stated on the broadcast yesterday that many have been playing together since Under 9's and we've been waiting 10 years for them to come along. How things change as for many years we couldn't keep players, now we have players wanting to come to us and it's not about the cash as we don't have any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 2 thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back