D3 Division 3 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule No 1. " Don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see." Especially from Dee Three.! M'kay?

Hey Sidewinder you clown...if you bothered to read last weeks Herald Sun you would have seen the article on J Brown down at Power House. You probably didn't post on here because you were a tad embarrassed.

Moving on, I guess the House needed Brown again on the weekend. What the heck happened there? Any reports?

I went down to watch two of the worst sides in the competition. The Hawthorn Hacks against Elsternwick Pensioners. Crap standard game between two average sides. Hacks were bad and the Wicks were really bad. Skill level was very poor

BTW wheres the best players and goal kickers for the Hoes vs AP?

Could be a bit of gamesmenship, trying to hide Francis and avoid him getting too much attention. Pretty sure it's too late for that, the word is out there about my man.

Hoes looking V good with the Close bookends playing great footy. Which one was better on Satday? that's a Close call.... See what I did there?

Hi Ash. Hi.

Hey Sidewinder you clown...if you bothered to read last weeks Herald Sun you would have seen the article on J Brown down at Power House. You probably didn't post on here because you were a tad embarrassed.

Moving on, I guess the House needed Brown again on the weekend. What the heck happened there? Any reports?

I went down to watch two of the worst sides in the competition. The Hawthorn Hacks against Elsternwick Pensioners. Crap standard game between two average sides. Hacks were bad and the Wicks were really bad. Skill level was very poor
You seem to go to a few hawthorn games,are you associated with the club?

You know nothing about football.....

Went to the Prahran v UHS-Vic game and saw a game well above D3 standard. A real cracker and scores about even to 1/2 time. The end result was not a true indication of the difference between the two sides. Both forward lines will kick large scores against most clubs as they are VERY formidable. Prahran won as they had a better defence and they run the ball out quickly and seem to have multiple options up forward. I must compliment both sides on their attack on the footy and also the umpires on letting the game mostly flow.
On seeing round 4 results I'm thinking Elsternwick may be in for a very long afternoon at Toorak Park this week.

On seeing round 4 results I'm thinking Elsternwick may be in for a very long afternoon at Toorak Park this week.

Thats a pretty simplistic way to look at things - Football's a funny game!

BTW wheres the best players and goal kickers for the Hoes vs AP?

Could be a bit of gamesmenship, trying to hide Francis and avoid him getting too much attention. Pretty sure it's too late for that, the word is out there about my man.

Hoes looking V good with the Close bookends playing great footy. Which one was better on Satday? that's a Close call.... See what I did there?

No pun intended? Clever Mitch. Clever.
By the way, did you get up early Sunday morning to get the paper to see if your name was mentioned did you Mitch? :D
I must say Glen Francis' goal in the first quarter was possibly goal of the day. He is certainly always dangerous when he goes forward for a spell.
Great win by the Hoes though. Always had the game under control. Should've been by a lot more in the end. I'm sure the boys are looking forward to a solid night on the track tomorrow night.

Went to the Prahran v UHS-Vic game and saw a game well above D3 standard. A real cracker and scores about even to 1/2 time. The end result was not a true indication of the difference between the two sides. Both forward lines will kick large scores against most clubs as they are VERY formidable. Prahran won as they had a better defence and they run the ball out quickly and seem to have multiple options up forward. I must compliment both sides on their attack on the footy and also the umpires on letting the game mostly flow.

I'm not normally one to get on this forum and pay out certain individuals, but your mention of umpires reminded me of something.....
The clown who umpires in our grade with a hat and glasses is a shocker. Surely there is a lower grade for him. On a huge power trip.

The clown who umpires in our grade with a hat and glasses is a shocker.

Gees, the last time I umpired D3 was at Uni High a couple of years ago. I must have made an impression!

Surely there is a lower grade for him. On a huge power trip.

Well I have done reserves and D4 finals.

Regards,
The Highly Accredited Independent Scoring Assessor and Final Arbiter of The Score

(yes I AM taking the mickey)

No pun intended? Clever Mitch. Clever.
By the way, did you get up early Sunday morning to get the paper to see if your name was mentioned did you Mitch? :D
I must say Glen Francis' goal in the first quarter was possibly goal of the day. He is certainly always dangerous when he goes forward for a spell.
Great win by the Hoes though. Always had the game under control. Should've been by a lot more in the end. I'm sure the boys are looking forward to a solid night on the track tomorrow night.

Parden the pun, pun intended... all my best gags today Buddy!
I got on VAFA.com this morning to check out goal kickers, best players etc, nothing... but just had a look and it's updated now. I was expecting more Francis, once again, probably a ploy to keep the attention away.

cant wait for u to come back buddy!

You weren't at the game.
I find it incredible that you would consistently bag guys who have a crack each weekend when we all know your footy career never amounted to anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You weren't at the game.
I find it incredible that you would consistently bag guys who have a crack each weekend when we all know your footy career never amounted to anything.

Was so....

(Do you like that comeback. I remembered it from Grade 3)

I thought there was freedom of speech and that I was entitled to an opinion.

Okay, here are this week's selections:

Ivanhoe vs. Monash Gryphons
UHS-VU vs. Mt Lilydale
Albert Park vs. Kew
West Brunswick vs. Yarra Valley
Power House vs. Hawthorn
Prahran vs. Elsternwick

Stay warm my friends ..... :thumbsu:

Haven't been on for a week or so. Media committments!

Tips for tomorrow:
Ivanhoe v Monash gryphons. A tough one to call. The Gryphons multi-pronged forward line of Mcconville, Malloy & Malone impressed. A good unit that will push for finals. i'll go with my heart and in a close one i'll put my money on the Close brothers. Hoes by 5 points.

UHS v Mt lilydale. uni to bounce back by 10 goals.

Albert park v Kew. Kew have definitely improved and will trouble quite a few sides. With the twoo big fellas up forward and pace around the packs they will claim a few scalps. However, AP should bounce back at home and win by 15 points.

West Brunswick v Yarra Valley Could be ugly. Yarra by 12 goals.

Prahran v elsternwick-Could be uglier. Prahran by 15 goals.

Powerhouse v Hawthorn-Both sides suffered big losses to teh favourites. this is a chance for the Hawks to regroup but I fancy the House in a close one by 6 pts.

Round 4 Preview

Prahran over UHS-VU by 3 Pts (Clear match of the day and it should be a cracker. Perfect conditions forecast at McAlister has one salivating with Andrew ‘Tragic’ Johnson at one end against Peter Christoforo at the other proving a headache for both defences. Let’s hope both coaches employ attacking game-plans as there will be the temptation to drop a few extra behind the ball. Logic says to pick the home side when in doubt, but The Four Blues are arguably a class above all when they hit top gear. I will select them in a thriller with Steven McIntyre best afield).
Ivanhoe over The Falcons by 25 Pts (The loser of this drops right off the pace and it is unfortunate that the Bankers are away from home again. From what we have seen so far in 2011, neither team possesses a potent forward line so I expect a dour and tough affair with defences well on top. Dan Bonney to continue his good early season form).
Yarra Valley over The House by 16 Pts (We will be able to more accurately assess the worth of Pikey’s boys after they take on the Bushrangers at Domeney. Ryan Pollard is proving to be one of the more dangerous men around the sticks in D3 and if he continues to fire I see the home side winning by far more. Powerhouse are a reasonable side though and will be in it for much of the day).
West by 6 Pts over the Rams (Danger game for the Pies who really let me down last weekend, but I will forgive one more time. Lilydale is a venue that the Rams play most effectively, but their form has been so poor – particularly in defence, that you cannot select them. The margin may be closer than many will predict).
Wicks over Hawks by 11 Pts (The Hawks are not as bad as their formline suggests, but their confidence is low and that may be the telling factor. Elsternwick will have to work much harder to secure the four points, but if Aaron Thornton continues to trouble the scorers I think they will do enough).
Monash over The Bears by 16 Pts (I do not share the view that this is a lay down misere for the Gryphs. One of the bottom three will probably win this week at it may well be the Maroon & Golds if they either go in with a complacent mindset or kick inaccurately, a habit that they are fast becoming renowned for. Still two wins from three and numerous avenues to goal has Monash holding all the trumps and they should get home with Dan McConville prominent).

Round 4 Review

4/6 (16/24 cumulative)

Perhaps D3 can be compared to my favourite European Soccer League, The English Championship? Last Saturday has indicated that there are two teams (not three) well ahead of the rest, Yarra Valley and the all conquering Prahran Assumption. Third to sixth will be tough, but if the form of previously winless Mt Lilydale and Hawthorn continues, then nothing can be taken for granted. I propose that we have a most even comp save for the top two.

The Four Blues were at their destructive best against a would be contender of Uni High. Unfortunately, when the pressure was applied, the combine could not match it and with Adam Sleight in scintillating form up forward it seems Prahran have all the answers. The Hoes did just enough to hold out the Falcons and will look to consolidate against the Gryphs in what should be an even affair tomorrow. Yarra Valley, thanks to stellar performances from Dean Leston and Russ Yeo destroyed a very disappointing Powerhouse, who barely gave a whimper in front of their adoring faithful. Martin Pike’s men are fast running out of excuses and their depth is being truly tested. This column stated that one of the bottom three may win last week, but little did we know that both the Rams and Hawks would return to the winners list in such emphatic style. Both games were done and dusted early in the second half, the Wicks and Pies were disappointing again. Last but not least, Monash’s three goal win against the Bears may have not looked like much, but they were down to 18 fit men by half time and ran out of legs in the last. Clint Mackie played perhaps his best game for the victors.

Round 5 Preview

Four Blues over the Wicks by 85 Pts (The predicted inclement weather is the only saving grace for Elsternwick keeping this under 20 goals. Expect another big haul from Adam Slieght as the Prahran juggernaut continues).
UHS-VU over the Rams by 36Pts (Uni High will be keen to atone for last weeks capitulation in the second half and the mountain men away from the Yarra Valley are hardly as fearsome. Sean Debois and Captain Kirk to be amongst the best for the home side).
Hoes over the Gryphs by 3 Pts (Clear match of the day at Chelsworth Park, with the victor staying right on the pace. I favour the Hoes only due to the home ground advantage as these teams are unbelievably even on paper as well as statistically. The home side will look to the Close Brothers for drive and inspiration, whilst expect Gryphons stalwarts like Lee Wells and Dan Baxter to amongst Monash’s best. Toss of the coin).
Bushrangers over the Pies by 35 Pts (West were far from impressive last round and even through they are back at Royal Park, don’t expect them to be able to go with Yarra Valley. It may be good value for money to venture to Parkville as you will get two D3 games for the price of one, alas, I fear neither will be classics. I will back either Pollard for best on ground).
House over the Hawks by 5 Pts (I sense a minor upset as Hawthorn are very much a confidence team who will go into the fixture at Ross Gregory with renewed optimism. Richard Ogge plays his most damaging football up forward and if he fires the Hawks are a real chance. However, Powerhouse are still capable of good football and may get the points in a close one).
Falcons over Kew by 26 Pts (Albert Park are better than a 1-3 team and should get the better of Kew so long as they don’t try and play to defensive tactics. Kew may try and slow the game to their terms as they struggle to score freely, but are quite adept at restricting oppositions as well. Corey Barker to be best afield for the Bankers).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Tough day at the office in the heavy going. The "DALES' NEARLY PINCHED THE SENIORS after UHS leading all day.

Injury of the day - the unfortunate Yarra Valley P Plater who accelerated into the fence when leaving with 10 players inside the car!

Lowlight - Mt Lilydales lack of attendance at the after match - not one raffle ticket sold or anyone there to collect awards. True we don't have to go there this year but what about next year & beyond when the draw will still contain 12 teams & some teams don't play each over twice! Poor sportsmanship really.

Puff, Puff.

I also forgot to put my tips in. Here is what my tips were ( I told them to Quasi yesterday - I am a little embarrassed to reveal them)

Ivanhoe
UHS-VU
Albert Park
Yarra Valley
Power House
Prahran

Only got 3 out of 6 and 2 out of 6 last week.

Progressive 18 out of 30. I dont think I will be winning any tipping contest this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back