D3 Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour has it St.Johns have only 4 senior players from last years squad, with the rest leaving or not committing to play for the club, while not signing any senior players!
Tough times ahead for the Jocs

GE has been contacted by SJ coach canceling game 1 in D2.

If St J's dont go straight to Clubbies land and instead end up in D3 then I would hope some sort of premiership points penalty be imposed. Eg. Loss of 8 match points in both seniors/reserves. Leaves incentive to play finals but also ensures clubs dont go backwards in grades for a quick premiership.

Very late, and historically teams are reticent to go up a grade. The best want to go up with a flag.
So can't see it happening.

Think something similar occurred in the NFL recently. Epping promoted from D3 to D2 on understanding the would not be relegated year end. Gave them 2 years to settle at higher grade.

We're forgetting the worst aspect of this decision, it means we now have to play at that absolute sh*t hole of a ground in the middle of a Dandenong industrial park.

Last time I played there, I was full-back in the ressies, standing in the goal square, just admiring the beauty of the factories and burned out cars. Anyway, I saw some activity in between the brothel and the take away joint, turns out I was witnessing a professional murder. I'm no snitch, so I didn't say anything.

What are our thoughts on the new rules? Given St James Park is barely 65 metres long, with the man on the mark a further 10 metres back at a kickout, and there no longer being a requirement to kick to yourself to play on. A bloke with a big boot is genuinely hitting up his full-forward from a kickout. 50m on small grounds is also going to be brutal.

We're forgetting the worst aspect of this decision, it means we now have to play at that absolute sh*t hole of a ground in the middle of a Dandenong industrial park.

Last time I played there, I was full-back in the ressies, standing in the goal square, just admiring the beauty of the factories and burned out cars. Anyway, I saw some activity in between the brothel and the take away joint, turns out I was witnessing a professional murder. I'm no snitch, so I didn't say anything.

What are our thoughts on the new rules? Given St James Park is barely 65 metres long, with the man on the mark a further 10 metres back at a kickout, and there no longer being a requirement to kick to yourself to play on. A bloke with a big boot is genuinely hitting up his full-forward from a kickout. 50m on small grounds is also going to be brutal.

A little research reveals: "Have I missed something here? I'm a St John's player through and through." posted by Christmas Carols way back in 2013. Suspect you didn't leave St Johns unassisted? We played a practice match there 2 years ago and the surface was excellent, facilities looked great. Volunteers doing as much as possible. Clearly they are struggling with aspects of the club currently but don't deserve your almost socio-racist comments. Tastes like sour grapes.

A little research reveals: "Have I missed something here? I'm a St John's player through and through." posted by Christmas Carols way back in 2013. Suspect you didn't leave St Johns unassisted? We played a practice match there 2 years ago and the surface was excellent, facilities looked great. Volunteers doing as much as possible. Clearly they are struggling with aspects of the club currently but don't deserve your almost socio-racist comments. Tastes like sour grapes.

Correct, I was once part of the clan at Carroll Reserve, but cultural differences (I had a job) meant we went our separate ways. Now very happy at Richmond where I'm with like minded, white collared individuals.

Save us the righteous babble, the ground is in the heartland of industrial Dandenong, and it's disgusting. Don't pretend for a second it's not. If the wheels of my Rangy get pinched this year while we're playing out at this wasteland, I'll be sending an invoice to the VAFA.

Correct, I was once part of the clan at Carroll Reserve, but cultural differences (I had a job) meant we went our separate ways. Now very happy at Richmond where I'm with like minded, white collared individuals.

Save us the righteous babble, the ground is in the heartland of industrial Dandenong, and it's disgusting. Don't pretend for a second it's not. If the wheels of my Rangy get pinched this year while we're playing out at this wasteland, I'll be sending an invoice to the VAFA.

Probably a little harsh, Richmond has had a few problems over the years... but I’m sure the safe injecting room has solved that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Least St Johns seniors are 100% better disciplined than Snakes seniors, Centrals are one of two teams in d1-d4 that continues to soil and whinge at umpires when they are in front. And kB reserve is big heap when you get a sniff of rain. If I had to choose, would go to St Johns every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early predictions? Any dark horses? Any front runners? Good luck all

Based on end of last season I would be thinking Canterbury as favourites with Aquilnas, Westbourne and I like Cobras for top 4. St Johns will be staying in D2.would like to see Canterbury get up as great bunch of blokes and great coach.

Based on end of last season I would be thinking Canterbury as favourites with Aquilnas, Westbourne and I like Cobras for top 4. St Johns will be staying in D2.would like to see Canterbury get up as great bunch of blokes and great coach.

So according to this forum St Johns have gone from D3 to a clubbies team and now will be staying in D2. By the end of next week they'll probably be in Premier C

So according to this forum St Johns have gone from D3 to a clubbies team and now will be staying in D2. By the end of next week they'll probably be in Premier C[/QUOTE

Apparently Waite has decided to leave skob and decided to head to St. John’s.. also Goddard will head there too.... they both like a challenge, this will definitely be better that where they finished their AFL journey

Least St Johns seniors are 100% better disciplined than Snakes seniors, Centrals are one of two teams in d1-d4 that continues to soil and whinge at umpires when they are in front. And kB reserve is big heap when you get a sniff of rain. If I had to choose, would go to St Johns every time.

Agreed 100% - Better disciplined and better blokes! CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back