D3 Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only three clubs had the balls to ask for 18 games. The other 5 should hang their head in shame or go off and playing clubbies with the rest of them...

Surely The VAFA should of stepped in made it 18 Games and worked out the fairest way to do it

Maybe a floating fixture figured out mid season where you play 2 bottom and 2 top sides ?

or at least 16 games and you play 1 bottom 1 top

14 game season, absolutely silly. Given players in lower divisions are likely to weekends off for whatever reason (holidays etc), I dare say people will play less than 14 for the season. Ridiculous if you ask me.. Unfortunately that's what has been dealt and we move on.
Presuming there'll be no relegation this season then?
And I think which ever club was scheduled to play Swinburne, will have another bye instead, can anyone confirm?

14 game season, absolutely silly. Given players in lower divisions are likely to weekends off for whatever reason (holidays etc), I dare say people will play less than 14 for the season. Ridiculous if you ask me.. Unfortunately that's what has been dealt and we move on.
Presuming there'll be no relegation this season then?
And I think which ever club was scheduled to play Swinburne, will have another bye instead, can anyone confirm?

You would think whoever was playing swinny would cop a bye if they weren't willing to change it

We will have to wait another week to kick off the season

Surely The VAFA should of stepped in made it 18 Games and worked out the fairest way to do it

Maybe a floating fixture figured out mid season where you play 2 bottom and 2 top sides ?

or at least 16 games and you play 1 bottom 1 top
Will be interesting to see what happens at season's end with division 2 (9 teams), div 3 (8 teams) and div 4 (9 teams). Time for a proper review into how the divisions are structured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what happens at season's end with division 2 (9 teams), div 3 (8 teams) and div 4 (9 teams). Time for a proper review into how the divisions are structured.

Completely unsubstantiated rumours coming out of HQ that Div 4 will be gone next year and 1,2 and 3 will be 12 team comps with the clubbies expanded but regionalised with clubs having to wait for a spot to open up in d3 and will have to provide proof of sustainability.
My source says that HQ is furious with the drop outs and will put this in place to ensure the integrity of the competition.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot will depend on where Chadstone, St Johns & Swinburne are at for next season. I know people are very angry now both at club land & HQ however I cant see them jumping too early on decision for 2020. It looks like someone will really have to look into the future of comp going forward. Is it just coincidence that the year the vafa once again just does what a few a grade clubs want to do & create an u/23's grade the same year the divisions start falling apart?

ps spent 10 yrs in div 3 its honestly just pure luck we double jumped & got out of this mess at this time, I do really feel for the clubs left in it some great clubs & people now will have to work overtime this yr

I'm not sure why some blokes are claiming that list is incorrect, it is 100% accurate. The vote was 5-3, in favour of the 14-game season, and Westbourne, Canterbury and Aquinas were the only clubs to vote to the 18 games. This is fact.

If you are in charge of a club, and you're voting for a 14-game season, you should be embarrassed, and are I say, leave your post at the club.

Such is my disappointment at my club, RCAFC, for being faceless cowards, I will be stepping down from my role as Social Media Manager. I can't work with such an unenthusiastic collective of misfits.

Such is my disappointment at my club, RCAFC, for being faceless cowards, I will be stepping down from my role as Social Media Manager. I can't work with such an unenthusiastic collective of misfits.

I have taken the unprecedented step of requesting Christmas Carroll's account be terminated for constant trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back