D3 Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that it is 100% accurate.
Roger ramjets to confirm for us please
Correct.In fairness to the other clubs I think the conversation with the VAFA may have been framed differently for a few of them.
Canterbury football club took the lead on the argument and we shared the same view. Alternatives got offered and none were entertained.

Reckon a campaign of mild civil disobedience is in order here - clubs that voted for a full season adjust their fee payment to the VAFA accordingly. Or pay the full amount and then invoice the VAFA back for the difference.

Someone needs to miss their Irish footy trip junket to pay for this farce!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well you collectively voted for it.

THE EYE

:rolleyes:

Other sections should thank the clubs who supported 14 games.
You have allowed more umpires to be allocated to other games.
Lessens the shortfall. Major VAFA reason for even considering it and in the clubs tumbled!

THE EYE

:oops:

Other sections should thank the clubs who supported 14 games.
You have allowed more umpires to be allocated to other games.
Lessens the shortfall. Major VAFA reason for even considering it and in the clubs tumbled!

THE EYE

:oops:

Does this mean there'll be no relegation in div 3 given only 8 teams

Presumably, only one Div2 team will be relegated to give them 10 teams in 2020

Three teams to come up from Div4 and none relegated if Div3 is to have 10 teams in 2020

Leaving 5 teams to make up Div4 which will, of course, mean only 8 games per year for Div4

Reckon a campaign of mild civil disobedience is in order here - clubs that voted for a full season adjust their fee payment to the VAFA accordingly. Or pay the full amount and then invoice the VAFA back for the difference.

Someone needs to miss their Irish footy trip junket to pay for this farce!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Question on Fees was certainly raised and deferred to the board for discussion. It is a disgrace that 6 teams play and two have a week off every week. I thought this comp was about getting people playing footy. And supposedly the best run comp in the land give me a break.

A few clubs will be dealing with 28 day breaks looking at that fixture. That's terrible. Re-fixture needed. Preferably 4 bye rounds for the whole division to have a week off so everyone gets the same breaks.

Don't believe that rubbish it was the easiest option for some and that's what we have now.

I wouldn't be a fan of playing 14 rounds at all myself, but not that surprised at the outcome either. It's not completely unreasonable for clubs to want to have an equal draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question on Fees was certainly raised and deferred to the board for discussion. It is a disgrace that 6 teams play and two have a week off every week. I thought this comp was about getting people playing footy. And supposedly the best run comp in the land give me a break.

Well said. In my opinion it should not have been left to the clubs to decide, The VAFA is in charge here, what would be best for the division and a greater look/reputation for the association would be to have 18 rounds.
How they would go about deciding who plays where I'm not sure, perhaps ranking some sides based on last season's results ie Manningham and Westbourne. But again easier to say then do, look at Swinburne who missed out on finals narrowly and are now playing clubbies.
Speaking of clubbies, when does that fixture come out?

Well said. In my opinion it should not have been left to the clubs to decide, The VAFA is in charge here, what would be best for the division and a greater look/reputation for the association would be to have 18 rounds.
How they would go about deciding who plays where I'm not sure, perhaps ranking some sides based on last season's results ie Manningham and Westbourne. But again easier to say then do, look at Swinburne who missed out on finals narrowly and are now playing clubbies.
Speaking of clubbies, when does that fixture come out?

Thirds draw out Friday Week. Why Rush?

THE EYE

o_O

Keep fighting the good fight Rog.

Unfortunately the bottom end of the Ammos looks like the arse end is about to fall out of it.

Now confronted with issues we used to laugh at other leagues about.

Good luck with your 2019 season, JJ might have enough weeks to recover the body and pull the boots back on now with the Bye rounds!

there are big challenges for all division 2-4 clubs. Each one has there own specific issues at times and i personally cant see it improving without some brave VAFA intervention.
I do wonder if it would be worth considering allowing clubs that are in serious trouble (for example Glen Eira 2016, Eltham 2018, St John's 2019, Swinburne 2019 - plus more) are granted 1 season to remain in the division they are in but be allowed but be excluded from entering in a reserves team? Not ideal, but surely a better outcome for the club's future prospects. I really cant see much chance of a club rebuilding if they are forced out of say D2 into Clubbies. Longway back to D2 from D4.

We all know clubs can have bleak periods but all options should be on the table to be discussed in ordered to save clubs from dissolving. IMO, the division clubs are the very best part of the VAFA and everything needs to done to make sure they remain strong.

there are big challenges for all division 2-4 clubs. Each one has there own specific issues at times and i personally cant see it improving without some brave VAFA intervention.
I do wonder if it would be worth considering allowing clubs that are in serious trouble (for example Glen Eira 2016, Eltham 2018, St John's 2019, Swinburne 2019 - plus more) are granted 1 season to remain in the division they are in but be allowed but be excluded from entering in a reserves team? Not ideal, but surely a better outcome for the club's future prospects. I really cant see much chance of a club rebuilding if they are forced out of say D2 into Clubbies. Longway back to D2 from D4.

We all know clubs can have bleak periods but all options should be on the table to be discussed in ordered to save clubs from dissolving. IMO, the division clubs are the very best part of the VAFA and everything needs to done to make sure they remain strong.

I like your thinking Ugly !!...I think this has a lot of merit, less byes and more importantly clubs don't just drift away and fold.
The two's would be affected but this idea should be considered in future cases.

correct, would stuff up the early game for the opposition club - but not stuff the complete integrity of the main comp. Clubs could still work to have U19s and maybe battle away for a clubbies team but would allow them to focus on making the sure the senior team can be on the park. BUT as I said - clubs would only be able to do for 1 year in extreme circumstances

we've got some 21 dayers but 28 is real yuck.
And thi

Smartest thinking ever to come from BigFooty. Any chance of a run for the big office in Elsternwick?

VAFA be like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back