D4 Division 4 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's talk about the merits of censorship in the modern age of the internet. So this is just my opinion, but I can't sit here and not say something..

I've been around the D4 forum for almost 8 years, received a couple of cards for a slap or two delivered, but have generally enjoyed the banter about the prospects of teams, their performance in games & some of the comments about individuals brilliance or otherwise on the footy field. There have been any number of incidents over the years that have caused feathers to be ruffled, but in general the forum has sorted itself out through the moderation of individuals on here. Often as simply as topic discussed, move on.

The current topic has presented some different views, some expressed more strongly than others. However there has been nothing particularly personal, dangerous in terms of inflammatory, libelous, slanderous statements that we've seem occassionally in the past. (If there have been I've missed them.) It seems as though this discussion has been a bit too close to home for our esteemed moderator, rather than one that has veered too personally, or into dangerous legal territory.

I don't know any of the issues around the clubs that are being spoken of. So I don't intend to comment on them, and am happy to leave the discussion about it here.

Moderation is a weapon, best used to protect idiots behind keyboards from themselves. Let's leave the forum to moderate itself as much as possible.

Edit by OTP - removed quoted deleted post

Last edited by a moderator:

IFF, lets not. You have just said you don't know about the issues. This thread is for D4 footy, not discussion about my response to thread derailment. Trolling will get stepped on, I have left the recent comments by the two alleged WG posters despite their breaching the VAFA agreement by doing so. Yes its close to home - of course it is - but I wouldn't be here if I couldn't set my personal feelings aside. WS are not in D4 this year. Talk about the clubs who are.

Like I said - if it gets up you, use the admin contact form. That's what its there for.

OTP... I thought moderators were on here to prevent personal attacks, not to guide discussion. I think you might be overstepping your bounds, particularly because of your bias in the situation.... It reminds me of the Mt Lilydale gent umpiring all their seniors home games a few years back :)

Completely agree with everything IFF said. And over the post you clearly closed it because you are on the WS side of the debate, evident by some of your earlier comments.

I'm not sure that we breached anything..I never said anything derogatory about Wyndham, in fact I wished them all the best because I have some mates in the 19s there. All I did was state our side of the story from a players perspective, which was asked for by other posters.

I am not sure you are fit to be a moderator if you consider anything that I said to be unfair and bringing the thread into disrepute. Closing the thread was a cop out and an inconvenience to many.

In saying that, I do agree tat conversation topics must leave the debate in the west and move onto footy. Case closed #wg14

OTP... I thought moderators

Refer private message.

And over the post you clearly

Refer private message.

For everyone else, have a refresher at:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/help/terms

Got a beef? Refer Commandment 1. Don't bother trolling me or other members, or posting your dissatisfaction with my performance here. Your posts will be deleted and you may be infracted, either by me or special guest mods. Upset at the thought? Refer Commandment 1. Your avenues of appeal and complaint are there.

Thank you, carry on talking D4.

Hawthorn are my faves for the flag. Perhaps WB.

Clearances not happening for PC this year? They smashed it in seasons past...

Hoping BHN can get their act together... Dying to get the old inter club trophy polished up!
Who's coaching PC this year? Biggest underperformers ever. How a club with the quality and quantity of junior talent coming through like they have had haven't had more success is beyond me. Should be in a position to win the flag by 10 goals but will probably be middle of the road again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping BHN can get their act together... Dying to get the old inter club trophy polished up!
I guess we go back to a Top 4 now for the finals. Whats your Top 4 pick?
Im going Hawks, the 2 Brunswicks and the Cobras as the big improvers.

I guess we go back to a Top 4 now for the finals. Whats your Top 4 pick?
Im going Hawks, the 2 Brunswicks and the Cobras as the big improvers.

West Brunswick & Hawthorn appear to have done well in the clearances. (Quantity only - have no idea on the quality inbound, or outbound for that matter.)

There has to be some worries about the lack of clearances for Point Cook & North Brunswick - unless they've just not commeced doing paperwork for some reason.

Personally - I hope Chadstone get better & the competition to be more even than it has been for a while.

IFF, lets not. You have just said you don't know about the issues. This thread is for D4 footy, not discussion about my response to thread derailment. Trolling will get stepped on, I have left the recent comments by the two alleged WG posters despite their breaching the VAFA agreement by doing so. Yes its close to home - of course it is - but I wouldn't be here if I couldn't set my personal feelings aside. WS are not in D4 this year. Talk about the clubs who are.

Like I said - if it gets up you, use the admin contact form. That's what its there for.
Over The Post, how long does it usually take for admin to get to back to a user regarding a complaint?

Who's coaching PC this year? Biggest underperformers ever. How a club with the quality and quantity of junior talent coming through like they have had haven't had more success is beyond me. Should be in a position to win the flag by 10 goals but will probably be middle of the road again.

If you know so much about Point Cook, then surely you would know who is coaching.....

This time last year the Dragons were all the talk but there hasn't been much talk about Canterbury coming across.
How do you guys think they will go,are you expecting them to have more of an impact than the Dragons?

If you know so much about Point Cook, then surely you would know who is coaching.....
No idea who is coach, hence the question. I know Fraser did it up till recently but not sure who has replaced him?

From a club perspective the junior section of it is something that every other club in the D grades would kill for. It's reasonable to compare PC with Rupertswood who shot up the grades once their senior team was created - the fact that PC have struggled to win more games than they lose each year doesn't reflect well on the culture that has been created amongst their senior section.

No idea who is coach, hence the question. I know Fraser did it up till recently but not sure who has replaced him?

From a club perspective the junior section of it is something that every other club in the D grades would kill for. It's reasonable to compare PC with Rupertswood who shot up the grades once their senior team was created - the fact that PC have struggled to win more games than they lose each year doesn't reflect well on the culture that has been created amongst their senior section.

This clearly reflects that you have no idea what your talking about.

23-1-10 Wins/Draws/Loss for past two years. Really struggling to win more than they lose

Last edited:

Hey Waz. If things don't work out for RC in D3 this year, you may well be polishing that trophy, for next year! Hahaha

I am told Ian Denny coaching Point Cook in 2014, abit of a local legend in the EDFL when he played. Previously coached Airport West and St Albans. Will be a very good coach at Point Cook.

Now under a month out ... hopefully fixture soon? ... also no word on finals structure.... would love some clarity.

can imagine many clubs awaiting dates to plan functions after home games etc.

on the brighter side it sounds like it will be an even fixture which gives all clubs a fair crack at it

This clearly reflects that you have no idea what your talking about.

23-1-10 Wins/Draws/Loss for past two years. Really struggling to win more than they lose
The fact remains that they have still underperformed. Like I said, when you compare them to Rupertswood, or Werribee, then there is something wrong internally. If you can't see that then maybe you're part of the problem.

Good luck in 2014.

The fact remains that they have still underperformed. Like I said, when you compare them to Rupertswood, or Werribee, then there is something wrong internally. If you can't see that then maybe you're part of the problem.

Good luck in 2014.

Maybe our problem is you Louis. Maybe you should come rescue our helpless club.
Your giving me internal issues for a club you didn't even know who was coaching.

When our junior boys start dominating A grade like the Werribee's of the world, I'm sure your comparison would be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back