D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to watching the AP vs NB game today. IN PERSON
What did you think of the game iDon? Anything to report?

I was also surprised by the 2s result, thought NB would be a certainty but they still got over the line in a close one

I think St Johns seniors might be done for the year, a totally different side compared to last year. Their ressies have a good chance though, anyone know the ruling regarding senior players playing in the ressies come finals time?
I stand corrected, seniors are still in fighting the good fight only one win behind AP at the moment.

With the St Johns seniors season looking like they won't make finials do you think they have players dropping from the seniors chasing the Ressie flag?
The St Johns 2s have looked to improve alot this year.
Don't have any affiliation with them so I'm actually not sure, do many clubs do this when their seniors won't make finals? Not really fair to stack your ressies with senior players heading into the pointy end in my opinion.

Don't have any affiliation with them so I'm actually not sure, do many clubs do this when their seniors won't make finals? Not really fair to stack your ressies with senior players heading into the pointy end in my opinion.
yeah I agree, does anyone know the vafa rules on this? Can you overqualify players by playing too many ones games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe it’s a minimum 4 games in the twos and no more that 9 in the ones to qualify
FROM THE VAFA RULE BOOK

55C. To be eligible for finals (and subject to the operation of Rule 55D) a player must be eligible and registered to represent the club; meet any applicable age requirement; and meet the games qualification in the current season as stated below:

(v) MRC – a minimum of 4 MRC or MTC games and a maximum of 10 higher ranked games.

Men’s Reserves Competition (MRC)
Men’s Thirds Competition (MTC)

This hasn't aged too well, looks like AP had a player done (3 down to 2 games) for striking another player against NB according to tribunal results

My bad, I better tell the boys that my Big footy reputation is in tatters now for them not to do anything silly again.

Where to go from here for EP? smashed by 5th/6 in the division (could've been a lot worse if JOCS kicked straight, same with week before against BHN)

2's are getting belted as well, % of 30 for both sides. If VAFA merges div 3 and div 4, it's only gonna get worse.

Players won't stick around being non competitive, Coach and poor recruiting to blame? Again not sure how they recruit better players. They are in danger of becoming the new Chadstone (Players googling each week to see how much they got slapped by)

D4 is a tough gig, things can turn around quick. It's never as bad as it seems, it's never as good as it seems. You dont want to lose teams, hopefully things turn around for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back