D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Where to go from here for EP? smashed by 5th/6 in the division (could've been a lot worse if JOCS kicked straight, same with week before against BHN)

2's are getting belted as well, % of 30 for both sides. If VAFA merges div 3 and div 4, it's only gonna get worse.

Players won't stick around being non competitive, Coach and poor recruiting to blame? Again not sure how they recruit better players. They are in danger of becoming the new Chadstone (Players googling each week to see how much they got slapped by)

Yeah, must be hard work getting to training and playing every week in the depths of winter only to be belted every week.

Surely if div 3 and 4 merge, you're going to have at least a couple of the Div 4 teams either fold, move comps or merge?

Where to go from here for EP? smashed by 5th/6 in the division (could've been a lot worse if JOCS kicked straight, same with week before against BHN)

2's are getting belted as well, % of 30 for both sides. If VAFA merges div 3 and div 4, it's only gonna get worse.

Players won't stick around being non competitive, Coach and poor recruiting to blame? Again not sure how they recruit better players. They are in danger of becoming the new Chadstone (Players googling each week to see how much they got slapped by)

Option 1- Battle On (Recruit Recruit Recruit)
Option 2 - Field 1 team in Clubbies/Thirds
Option 3 - Merge
Option 4 - Fold

In summary: No Easy Fixes

Yeah, must be hard work getting to training and playing every week in the depths of winter only to be belted every week.

Surely if div 3 and 4 merge, you're going to have at least a couple of the Div 4 teams either fold, move comps or merge?

When will vafa let the clubs know if they are going to merge 3 & 4?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having played eley park a few times already this year I think they are on the right track. They have a good core group of senior players and the rest are just inexperienced they’ve been right in a few games and been ran over the top of.
with another pre season under their belt they will be much improved.
They’ve got a good coach as well.
Doesn’t help that they don’t even have a ground they can play let alone train on at the minute.
Definitely not all doom and gloom there things change quickly at this level

Having played eley park a few times already this year I think they are on the right track. They have a good core group of senior players and the rest are just inexperienced they’ve been right in a few games and been ran over the top of.
Doesn’t help that they don’t even have a ground they can play let alone train on at the minute.
I agree, having played against them they’re honestly a bunch of good blokes and their players have committed which is just fantastic! Glimpses of what they can do has been evident, they just need to probably leave the vafa and look at joining the Sfnl or play 3s for a year to get some competitivenesss back at the club. Definitely on the way up from what I can see.

Jocs returning to their form from last year? Time will tell.

This definitely true looking at parkside in particular. Hope they can turn it around

I think the club is in a much better position than it was 12 months ago when they could not field a reserves side without help from other clubs.
40+ clearances in and only a handful out.
They have a very young list and will only get better in the years to come.
Speaking with the coach, they are getting good numbers on the track and at social functions. I think they are on the right track and hopefully with a few new recruits next season they can put some wins on the board.

Probably a week out from 2024 round 1…
yep - that's exactly what the VAFA would do!! Might see if our president can ask the question as clubs need to start planning,

I have heard that Ivanhoe is a definite to Northern...if Old Wesbourne and Old Mentonians can't get two teams up then D4 is not viable?? Surely not a 4 to 5 team comp.

yep - that's exactly what the VAFA would do!! Might see if our president can ask the question as clubs need to start planning,

I have heard that Ivanhoe is a definite to Northern...if Old Wesbourne and Old Mentonians can't get two teams up then D4 is not viable?? Surely not a 4 to 5 team comp.
Old Mentonians are No chance!
Would need to recruit nearly 2 teams. Heard a lot of their players who have gone to Mordialloc, Highett etc have enjoyed their time and will stay at their new clubs.

Old Mentonians are No chance!
Would need to recruit nearly 2 teams. Heard a lot of their players who have gone to Mordialloc, Highett etc have enjoyed their time and will stay at their new clubs.
They are aiming big - seniors, ressies, 19s and a womens team. If they manage to get 1-2 teams for next year then that would be a massive achievement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was of the understanding the club was all but gone to the EFL, but past players stood up and said they'd help the club if they stayed in VAFA. Unsure how many of them returned, and the coach who's a great bloke has done well to keep them going.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

anyone have any reserves predictions? you would have to assume bhn will be competitive with a thirds side but I saw their twos got flogged by nb twos and then St. John’s seniors doing poorly but reserves are second to nb! What team has the most depth do you all think? Anyone know who’s close to full potential?

anyone have any reserves predictions? you would have to assume bhn will be competitive with a thirds side but I saw their twos got flogged by nb twos and then St. John’s seniors doing poorly but reserves are second to nb! What team has the most depth do you all think? Anyone know who’s close to full potential?
I think St Johns are the team to beat in the reserves. They've beaten both BHN and NB and will probably have a few players drop down from the seniors if they do not make finals.
BHN, St Johns and NB are pretty evenly matched from what I can see but I haven't watched many ressies game this season so perhaps someone else could chime in

Depends who is closest to full strength by the end, so many going away as of late You just have to bank wins when you can

Was of the understanding the club was all but gone to the EFL, but past players stood up and said they'd help the club if they stayed in VAFA. Unsure how many of them returned, and the coach who's a great bloke has done well to keep them going.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Heard the life members pulled a revolt on the old committee and turned down a move/ and or a merge, and lead the vafa to believe they'd have enough for two sides the entire of the 22' pre season only to pull out with a week remaining. Anyway, fact of the matter is they are getting two sides on the park now and looking to improve. I just can't see things getting better if/when the comps merge and they play more sides like north brunswick etc

I think St Johns are the team to beat in the reserves ... will probably have a few players drop down from the seniors if they do not make finals.

St Johns in contention for 4th spot in the Seniors. Can't see many senior players qualifying for ressies given they'll likely push to qualify at senior level.

If St Johns don't qualify in the Seniors BHN & NB will have the advantage of having 2 sides in finals and not being restricted by ressies qualification rules.

In saying that ... any one of the 3 could win it all in the 2's.

Heard the life members pulled a revolt on the old committee and turned down a move/ and or a merge, and lead the vafa to believe they'd have enough for two sides the entire of the 22' pre season only to pull out with a week remaining. Anyway, fact of the matter is they are getting two sides on the park now and looking to improve. I just can't see things getting better if/when the comps merge and they play more sides like north brunswick etc

This is interesting. All due respect to the sharks however I think they would have struggled a fair bit in the efl - unless they were intending to merge with say a Whitehorse or nunawading (or even BHN). I was at Canterbury in 14 when we came across and the ones made a prelim in d4 first year in (albeit we had recruited well) but weren’t really cutting it in efl.

Having said that ep may have been competitive against the likes of mt Lilydale nth Croydon…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is interesting. All due respect to the sharks however I think they would have struggled a fair bit in the efl - unless they were intending to merge with say a Whitehorse or nunawading (or even BHN). I was at Canterbury in 14 when we came across and the ones made a prelim in d4 first year in (albeit we had recruited well) but weren’t really cutting it in efl.

Having said that ep may have been competitive against the likes of mt Lilydale nth Croydon…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Efl is div 4 is way higher standard than vafa div 4 even north Brunswick would get smashed.

Remove this Banner Ad

D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back