Do I really believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

McKay injury has tempered some of my expectations.

Having two of the best forwards in the game is one of our biggest advantages.

I know we beat port but I also don't think we can count on 8 goals from SOS & Motts every week.

A good showing vs Collingwood and I'm all in. For now i'm on the fence.

Last edited:
I want to believe but the club is down to its last 13 or 14 more chances with me and then I swear I am DONE 🙏🤞🤣

Animated GIF

I'm all in right now, I can't help it. Not completely convinced we make finals, but I believe something has clicked and the style we are playing is one that is going to hold up. Most nervous about carrying it through to the start of next year, which is our year.

There will be times when we have bad games, we might get 'figured out' and there will be plenty of challenges, but we're on to something here... finally!

There has only ever been 2 teams to win 5 games in a row by 50 points or more in a season, both went on to win the premiership. It’s now 4 by 50 or more in a row with WCE to come. It’s not about belief it’s season over Saturday evening…..

Seriously though, I believe in the brand of footy they are playing, I however in my heart of hearts, think it’s too late for this year. I think we may miss out similarly to last year, even if we only lose two more (Collingwood & Melbourne). However 6 weeks ago I thought the season was a waste, if we don’t make it, I don’t think it is anymore, they have dug in & learnt a lot about themselves & Voss has dug himself out of a hole. The GC will be a sliding door moment, lose that, it’s curtains & the calls to sack Voss as the wheels may have completely fallen off would have been huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have said, I believe that with the current gameplan we can beat anyone (except maybe Collingwood) but I doubt that it will be sustainable for the remaining 6 games, let alone all of next year. There were already signs of fatigue against Port with the drop off at the end of each half, as well as players like Cerra clearly needing a rest.

This week against Eagles will be a bit easier, then expecting them to throw everything they have at the Pies. How we pull up the week after that will be telling, would not be surprised if we beat the Pies but lose the following game.

I can handle a 30pt loss to the pies provided we are competitive. I can tolerate losing to Melbourne by a couple of kicks.

But if we lose any game by a point, choke away a huge lead in any 4th quarter, get embarassed by the Eagles, GWS or Saints... or when it's all said and done we finish 9th again and miss finals by 0.000001%?

This club can **** right off.. at least until they sign someone good in trade week.

Then I'll be back driving the bandwagon all the way to the 2024 premiership.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know whether or not I believe we can make the finals.

But I do know that for the first time in thirty years, this club has shown some resilience. In the words of chumbawumba, they got knocked down, but they got back up again. And with all the mental frailties this club and these players have shown, the self belief which can come from this new found resilience is likely to be significant in the medium term.

i don't think we make finals this year, don't expect it and expect to win three and fall just short again.

it's going to take a full season of not shitting the bed against the saints, bombers and all the others where we generated scoring shots and kicked like shit for me to even consider trusting them and even then...

importantly though, its pretty fun to watch right now, there have times watching Carlton has been a painful, depressing, humiliating chore but not lately

As others have said, I believe that with the current gameplan we can beat anyone (except maybe Collingwood) but I doubt that it will be sustainable for the remaining 6 games, let alone all of next year. There were already signs of fatigue against Port with the drop off at the end of each half, as well as players like Cerra clearly needing a rest.

This week against Eagles will be a bit easier, then expecting them to throw everything they have at the Pies. How we pull up the week after that will be telling, would not be surprised if we beat the Pies but lose the following game.
I think we can beat the Pies. Would make the boys rewatch the last Pies games and how they were laughing at us. Play MMcG forward to run straight through Moore as he floats under the ball to intercept like he did with Boak. Also Daicos is owed some attention after the cheap shot on Acres.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back