Do we want to improve or just keep being a middle of the road side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkyKanga MKII

Debutant
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seriously already ive seen our "best team for 2012" from alot of people on here and it again includes guys like Thomas, Hansen and McMahon. Havent we all watched enough football to see that these three guys are not going to push us any further towards a Premiership!

The fact is Thomas cant kick and does not rise to the occasion against good teams, Hansen is terrible and McMahon is a front runner when we are playing well.

These three guys are our biggest weaknesses. We need to either trade for or draft 1 or 2 highly skilled half backs in the Goddard, Gibbs mould and we need to find ourselves a damaging, strong Half Back like Brian Lake (at his best) and we need to find ourselves a gun forward pocket like a Milne, Betts, Ballyntine, Varcoe etc .

I just think we expecting to improve with the same types of players who have shown they cant cut it against good teams. Im happy to lose a guy like Anthony, Hansen, Firrito and even to an extent McIntosh to fill those huge voids we have i think the time has come where we need to sit back and say ok, these guys have not come on like we thought and we need to try other avenues!!!

I agree, there's no way we're ever going to win a premiership with limited footballers like Stuart Anderson, Glenn Freeborn, Shannon Motlop or Shane Clayton.

McMahon is a front runner.

These three guys are our biggest weaknesses. We need to either trade for or draft 1 or 2 highly skilled half backs in the Gibbs mould

and we need to find ourselves a damaging, strong Half Back like Brian Lake (at his best) and we need to find ourselves a gun forward pocket like a Milne, Betts, Ballyntine, Varcoe etc .

So McMahon is a front runner but we should get someone like Gibbs and Betts. And Brian Lake was a Full back not a half back.

That's the only bit of your garbage post that is worth responding too.

Middle of the road for mine, sick of the success to be honest, just tired of it, struggling to get out of bed from over success. Chronically fatigued by it.

Seriously already ive seen our "best team for 2012" from alot of people on here and it again includes guys like Thomas, Hansen and McMahon. Havent we all watched enough football to see that these three guys are not going to push us any further towards a Premiership!

!

Be careful there SilkyKanga MkII, if you continue to cast negative dispersions to any of our playing list (no matter how accurate & justified they may be), you'll be accused of being a troll.

But you're dead right, if we want to improve, we need to make some changes to our playing list & if that means de-listing a top bloke, or a guy who wants to stay at NMFC, or a guy who bleeds blue & white, or a guy who lives close to the ground etc. then so be it. But suggesting that here will make you very unpopular, because apparently, there's nothing wrong with our playing list & most of our real guns like Urquhart, Ross, Warren, Tarrant etc. play in the VFL which I find strange.

Great thread.

facebook-ignoreall-apps-thumb.jpg

Im not here to be a troll or bash players etc im simply stating the facts. I grew up as a teenager and in the 90's and was lucky enough to see some great football and 2 Premierships. I miss that success and i desperately want that back!

But we honestly cant say that these three guys are part of our best team going forward!! Its a joke to think that we can have a small forward in our side who cant kick for goal, a slow medium sized back pocket who doesnt have any influence on the game against good sides and a Half Back.Half Forward who clearly struggled to find when his feet are at times and cannot be seriously considered to be someone who will hold down a key positions for us in a sustained period of success. Its been how many years since we have been giving these guys chances?

All im saying in we need to get away from all the crap about giving guys chances and who we love or dont love the fact is we need to improve some positions in our side very badly and at the moment i just dont think these guys cut it when the heat is on!

Since when was it wrong to cast your opinion over something? I mean that is why i come onto this forum! Not to fight with people to have a constructive conversation with my fellow fans.

The fact is we need to keep working hard towards being a great side and sometimes that been making hard decisions no matter how much people like or dislike them!

SK

Im not here to be a troll or bash players etc im simply stating the facts.

Yes you are and no you aren't.

This is a real boring thread topic and not worth maintaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back