Do you miss footy at this time of the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

October = Best sporting month of the year, bar none.

Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series. :thumbsu:

National Hockey League season begins. :thumbsu:

National Football League in full swing. :thumbsu:

NCAA College Football hots up. :thumbsu:

The Western Bulldogs are undefeated in October. :D

October = Best sporting month of the year, bar none.

Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series. :thumbsu:

National Hockey League season begins. :thumbsu:

National Football League in full swing. :thumbsu:

NCAA College Football hots up. :thumbsu:

The Western Bulldogs are undefeated in October. :D
Go live in america mate, na don't actually didn't enjoy that trip but do recomend enland would have to be the greatest holiday destination.

I'm spending more time getting in touch with my femme. She's happy... :thumbsu:

But yeah, missing the footspa. Looking forward to watching the first Eagles match, and the first Blues match to see how the Juddster goes...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there's footy over the summer played in the NT, and they show it on ABC2. That channel doesn't work on my Foxtel though... that might have gone some way to getting my footy fix.

European soccer has good atmosphere but the stop start nature of the game can sometimes be too much to bear. NFL? NBA? MLB? Never got into them, might have to give them a go.

The Rugby World Cup is a good event but unfortunately it'll be over soon. Domestic cricket is a good replacement (same with the Aussies playing) but plenty of the ING Cup games are shown during the working week and not on weekends which makes them hard to go to or even watch on TV.

Only 5 months or so til the NAB Cup. :thumbsu:

I've got the NBA, NFL, and Cricket to entertain me. Still bloody miss Footy though.

Could watch any of those sports.

Could also watch paint dry, so it's a good thing as I have a house to tend to.

Will be distracted by the rest of the F1's, the V8 Supercar's, the Spring Racing Carnival but definitely not the cricket.

I like to spend much of the summer sitting in front of the A.C. with a cold beer, watching Bulldog premiership glory.

Granted it's an expensive exercise - I have to get a fully-qualified projectionist in to put the show on for me; 35 mm film won't work in my DVD player.

And who is this character Roy Rene that pops up in the ad breaks? They should give him his own show - or at least a judging gig on Idol.

yeah, dont follow any other sports like i do with the footy:(

will be looking forward to the aussie open though.. watch it every year and have gone for the past 5 years

cmon sharapova!!

Love the footy, but no, dont miss it....very easy to get into the spring carnival, then there is family things with Xmas etc...then the tennis..and before you know it, the NAB cup is starting...always something to look forward to...

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you miss footy at this time of the year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back