Do you think Richmond Will Make Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair it showed your depth or lack of and our ability to shut you down. Last night you responded well. Gotta be happy with that.

Definitely a combo of pressure and depth, however our depth is almost there. We were missing Conca, Ellis, Tuck, Knights who are all best 22 so probably stretched as much as we will be.

Stoked I actually thought their ruck division and missing Knights, Conca, Ellis and Tuck would mean we went down easily but the whole midfield lifted including periphery players like White/Grigg/Jackson.

Tend to think we can compete with the best sides but we can't have our starting mids missing.

Definitely a combo of pressure and depth, however our depth is almost there. We were missing Conca, Ellis, Tuck, Knights who are all best 22 so probably stretched as much as we will be.

Stoked I actually thought their ruck division and missing Knights, Conca, Ellis and Tuck would mean we went down easily but the whole midfield lifted including periphery players like White/Grigg/Jackson.

Tend to think we can compete with the best sides but we can't have our starting mids missing.
I reckon you can compete with the best sides but you need consistency and some depth. Same goes for Essendon and any side trying to rise.

Didn't rate West Coast as a 'Top 4' at the start of the season and from what I've seen so far they'll be struggling to make the 8.

If Richmond can reproduce the sort of running game they had last night they'll make the 8. The only problem with that is Richmond have shown that they lack the consistency to do it.

I agree, Tigers need to show the effort they showed at the house of pain every week. not every fortnight.

You seemed pretty sure that we couldn't make it.. So sure that it was just a simple "No"

Well obviously you will make it.

- I didn't rate Martin as high as most and I thought he needed to play through the midfield more. He has and he has done it well. Still a bit worried about his tank.

- I thought (and still do think) that Deledio can't handle the tag at all, and that he would be found out more. Still think that's an issue.

- I wasn't sold on the KPD pair of Rance and Chaplin, I'm still not to an extent. When Grimes comes back in and Chaplin plays the third tall I think you're a much better team.

- I think Eillis, Conca and Vlastuin are all going to be very good AFL players, but I didn't think they would play that well this year (especially Ellis).

- Don't rate Vickery as a second key forward.

- Very high reliance on Maric.

- I though Carlton, North and West Coast would have much better seasons than they did, and someone has to miss out for them.

They are the main reasons I thought you wouldn't play finals.

- I wasn't sold on the KPD pair of Rance and Chaplin, I'm still not to an extent. When Grimes comes back in and Chaplin plays the third tall I think you're a much better team.

That's like expecting Ryan Griffen to play on Bachar Houli.

Third most miserly defense for a team that is 18th in tackles says how good Rance and Chaplin have been this season.

- I didn't rate Martin as high as most and I thought he needed to play through the midfield more. He has and he has done it well. Still a bit worried about his tank.

- I thought (and still do think) that Deledio can't handle the tag at all, and that he would be found out more. Still think that's an issue.

- I think Eillis, Conca and Vlastuin are all going to be very good AFL players, but I didn't think they would play that well this year (especially Ellis).

- I though Carlton, North and West Coast would have much better seasons than they did, and someone has to miss out for them.

They are the main reasons I though you wouldn't play finals.
You have a lot more to offer than "no".

I have to admit, even though you have been proven wrong, you had some fairly good points to make.

I think that you have to have changed your mind about Rance though. He has been a really good player this season and is very under rated. Martin has also been one of our best, if not, the best of our midfielders

Overall i think that you summarised your point very well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably our biggest issue this year and into the next year or two, Stephenson is doing a reasonable job as a back up but his age means he is not the answer, Vickery for me will be more of a forward, I think he will eventually get there but still a long way to go consistency wise.

So we need a good young ruck to learn off Maric and eventually replace him, without Maric our midfield always had to win the opposition footy, he is probably one of our best recruits in a long time.

Martin will win our Best & Fairest. (0/1)

He does struggle with the tag (1/2)

Chaplin is our main defender. Hasn't been beaten all year, kept Roughhead goalless, destroyed Petrie, Hawkins, etc. Grimes will be the third tall. (1/3)

True dat. They are good but still quite inconsistent, play well when our tails are up, struggle when the team struggles. (2/4)

Neither do I. Read up on a little gem we've picked up called McBean. The Bean WILL be better than Joe Danniher, why? Because he already is. (3/5)

Not really. Stephenson and Vickery hold their own and have this year when Maric's been rested. (3/6)

Add Adelaide to that list as well. Young list, you would have thought after top 4 last year, top 8 was going to be reached. Shows how unlucky they've been to lose Tippett, Walker and Davis.

They are the main reasons I thought you wouldn't play finals.

Fair and valid points.

Grimes will be our third KPD in all likelihood. Probably the best rebounder of the 3 and is fantastic at coming over the top and spoiling. Rance to take the more mobile KPF and Chaplin the stay at home, taller/bigger gorilla types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Richmond Will Make Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back