Do you think we should chase Gumby?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some doctors are fine noble caring people. But from my experience (20 years in health) some are also some of the most arrogant, self-important individuals you will ever meet. While they have every reason to be, because they are incredibly talented, lets not put them on a moral pedestal. They are often as flawed, egotistical and competitive as the best of them.

Roberton has come along in leaps and bounds this year and i agree with E Shed that he is being under-rated. We don't need another KPF (Anthony due to spudding up the place) not being able to take the field due to constant injuries. It's been 6 seasons and he is still struggling with injuries to me it reeks of another Josh Drummond.

Will reiterate I think Roberton is being under-rated. Will attract plenty of interest if he goes on the market. Very at home with the top level in his outings this year.

There should be genuine interest in Roberton, young has played well and is developing I think he's worth a second round pick or swap for a home sick player (who we want).

Roberton has come along in leaps and bounds this year and i agree with E Shed that he is being under-rated. We don't need another KPF (Anthony due to spudding up the place) not being able to take the field due to constant injuries. It's been 6 seasons and he is still struggling with injuries to me it reeks of another Josh Drummond.

Pretty sure Freo will only take him, if they think they can get him on the park. They wouldn't take a risk on Brad Dick last year and they were keen to recruit him. They could have got him for nothing essentially but they still wouldn't do it.

Will reiterate I think Roberton is being under-rated. Will attract plenty of interest if he goes on the market. Very at home with the top level in his outings this year.

He will definitely attract interest. I still would not expect that we would get better than a 3rd rounder for him in this particular draft. Could possibly upgrade a pick eg Roberton + our 1st rounder for pick 13, which would guarantee one of the fancied KPP's.

Sorry but had to answer the Charlie Teo posts.My sister was operated on by him and when she got to America for proton therapy the doctors at Harvard said if he hadnt hacked around in her head she would still be alive now.
so dont believe all the publicity about that arrogant sod.
Lets go for Gumbleton---he was great in their last matches and seems to be over the injuries.

Good summation there, Bondy. o_O

One's a victim of Huge HBF depth and still managing to crack games in the league side, the other is a crippled mess, still riding on the coattails of his juniors reputation, I'm not sure how you can draw them as polar opposites in trade discussions.

Spare me! Gumbleton has shown more in three games than Roberton has in his purple career. You cannot seriously be that biased to think that Roberton is better/worth more than Gumbleton, seriously!

Upgrading a player from the rookie list to the senior list counted as one of the three required changes last year.

Roberton has a touch of Mundy and Pendlebury about him. I remember Malthouse saying, in regards to Pendlebury, that he didn't have the speed to play outside, so they moved him inside. Roberton isn't lightning fast, but he is a big body and can run.

Ummm, what?! He has a big tank, but a big body?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you actually seen him? Are you seriously telling me he has a big body? Wow, I mean come on guys, theres being biased and theres just being stupid.

Sorry, I should have said "Tall" body. He is the modern inside footballer. 190+cm, good evasion, average pace, average disposal.

He is actually reasonably built, he looks bigger than Johnson in the photo I have of them together.

Have you actually seen him? Are you seriously telling me he has a big body? Wow, I mean come on guys, theres being biased and theres just being stupid.
Stop deflecting and address Gumby's history of injuries.

You're like Lawson's Loaded Dog when it comes to Gumby, slobbering on a live stick of dynamite and thinking it's a stick.

And btw, I have seen Roberton. Like I said, good size, not big, but strong enough to send both Pav and MJ limping off from training.

Spare me! Gumbleton has shown more in three games than Roberton has in his purple career. You cannot seriously be that biased to think that Roberton is better/worth more than Gumbleton, seriously!
Of course he is. Roberton can take the field with regularity

Why is Gumbleton worth so much? Because he is tall? A high draft pick? So was KEPLER BRADLEY and we got him for pick 69 in one of the weakest drafts of all time. Didn't even have to trade for him. And Kepler was two years younger.

I think we should take a punt and would agree he and Roberton should be valued pretty evenly based on AFL output.

We still have to go hard for another younger KPF though as our stocks are desperately low. If we had Gumbelton and Hogan as KPF with Walters, mayne and Ballas in their prime in 3 years time and Pav as forward coach we'd be looking pretty darn good. We have to add depth to the forward line.

Sorry but had to answer the Charlie Teo posts.My sister was operated on by him and when she got to America for proton therapy the doctors at Harvard said if he hadnt hacked around in her head she would still be alive now.
so dont believe all the publicity about that arrogant sod.
Lets go for Gumbleton---he was great in their last matches and seems to be over the injuries.

Sorry to hear that.

Might be worth a read though.

http://www.oncologynurseadvisor.com...r-the-evidence-isnt-yet-there/article/174399/

Of course he is. Roberton can take the field with regularity

Why is Gumbleton worth so much? Because he is tall? A high draft pick? So was KEPLER BRADLEY and we got him for pick 69 in one of the weakest drafts of all time. Didn't even have to trade for him. And Kepler was two years younger.
No rose tinted glasses here mike, see above, I'm not sure we're watching the same Gumbleton. He's hardly done anything in 6 years let alone in 3. So he's a high draft pick, big whoop - so was Kepler. Is he worth a mint as well?
Maybe we should go after jack Watts, but wait, he's a no.1 draft pick. He'd cost us at least 1 elite player in our side wouldn't he?? Right??? Or at least a top 5 draft pick. Boy we could use that failed key forward running around our half backline picking up cheap possies, but wait - We've already got one of those apparently in Roberton who's apparently worthless..

To be fair, Gumbleton had a really good quarter this year where he took some great contested marks, but then disappeared for the rest of the game. I can't remember who it was against.

I'd be happy to get him in the team, but not happy to give up anything substantial for it.
We should pay him 750-800K a year - he's clearly elite and the best part? >8% body fat.

To be fair, Gumbleton had a really good quarter this year where he took some great contested marks, but then disappeared for the rest of the game. I can't remember who it was against.

I'd be happy to get him in the team, but not happy to give up anything substantial for it.

Has anyone considered looking at Aaron Black at the Kangaroos.
I saw him play in Melbourne during the year, he kicked a couple of goals from strong marks but hasn't been able to crack a regular game.
He may be the one worth trading for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think we should chase Gumby?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back