Docker Players who WERE eagle supporters..

Remove this Banner Ad

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
Hill
Palmer
Deboer

anyone else? and just curious to see how many eagle players who used to support us.

Young Sheppard was too before he got drafted.

Poor guy, I think I'd take my mandatory two year suspension and have another crack in the draft.

To be honest, I reckon a lot of the young Freo players may have been West Coast supporters.

Thank christ they have been Fremantled and are on the road to being model citizens. Imagine what they may have turned out like if they had of headed up to Roberts Rd and been Wosshed? :eek:

Largely irrelevant to anything from a supporters and club point of view.

Often read on BF that a player when moving clubs would have a preference to go to the club he supported as a kid. But this is mostly BS.

Once a player is at an AFL club they become part of that club, and those ties to players, coaching and other staff, supporters and the club culture become far more important than their reasons for supporting a club before they became an AFL player.

Then of course there are the many reasons for choosing another club: pay, playing position hierachy, club's likely success, other footy friends playing there etc etc

Last on the list would be what club they supported before they became an AFL player - an irrelevant exercise.

my brother will be on the afl radar in a couple of years. my old man has already said that if the eagles draft him, he hopes that the bro gets 40 touches a game, the eagles lose every match and that the bro can then leave the eagles for nothing to freo via the PSD :D... must admit, i feel the same, if he does get drafted i hope we can avoid all of this by freo just picking him up to begin with :thumbsu:

Largely irrelevant to anything from a supporters and club point of view.

Often read on BF that a player when moving clubs would have a preference to go to the club he supported as a kid. But this is mostly BS.

Once a player is at an AFL club they become part of that club, and those ties to players, coaching and other staff, supporters and the club culture become far more important than their reasons for supporting a club before they became an AFL player.

Then of course there are the many reasons for choosing another club: pay, playing position hierachy, club's likely success, other footy friends playing there etc etc

Last on the list would be what club they supported before they became an AFL player - an irrelevant exercise.

Also I think a majority would not have supported the team long enough to develop a massive passion.

A kid I knew a few years back, whose Dad played a couple of games for WCE in the very early days, would claim, at 6 that he didn't support anyone, that way he couldn't be disappointed when he got drafted.

Tried to swing him Freo's way, but he would not budge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my brother will be on the afl radar in a couple of years. my old man has already said that if the eagles draft him, he hopes that the bro gets 40 touches a game, the eagles lose every match and that the bro can then leave the eagles for nothing to freo via the PSD :D... must admit, i feel the same, if he does get drafted i hope we can avoid all of this by freo just picking him up to begin with :thumbsu:

Yeah, my son may get the opportunity in a few more years. No way I want him part of the weagles, and its not because we all support Freo. We have had numerous conversations about the culture at weagles over the years and he almost has the attitude that he'd rather miss out altogether than go there. What you are saying has A LOT of merit. We'd be very happy if he made any other team, but absolutely ecstatic if it was Freo.

I rather my son get drafted by a really shit side thats on the bottom of the ladder then play for the eagles. . . lol

Was one who i know was a Freo supporter, remember reading an interview with him a few years ago saying it was a dream come true to play for the team he grew up supporting

yep i remember that 2
Junior is 10 & a big Simon Black X Luke Hodge type but will probably be a bit taller. my mates reckon he will get drafted by the chardonnays becoz i hate them so much.
i go out of my way to not use their sponsors whether it be for insurance, fast food or glasses (unfortunately my vision is perfect). lol
when i used 2 teach i made the wc supporters leave last, clean the room & remove scarves, whilst Freo supporters could wear Freo caps in class & leave class first.
when on yard duty i used 2 go 2 a group of kids & ask who barracks 4 wc. any kid who did was told 2 pick up rubbish.
i coach my son's team (best in the comp, & i do rotate them 100000%) & i have turned only 3 kids away from the dark side towards the family team, so my work is not yet done.
btw they are an awesome bunch & any coach would do well with my team. maybe even my mate woosha.

Sibosado used to bleed blue and yellow, I remember at a party in Melbourne after Collingwood beat West Coast in over-time he was crying. He also always used to rag on Freo to all the melbourne boys, saying what a pathetically run club it was.

Sibosado used to bleed blue and yellow, I remember at a party in Melbourne after Collingwood beat West Coast in over-time he was crying. He also always used to rag on Freo to all the melbourne boys, saying what a pathetically run club it was.

That was in the Connelly/Schwab era, he would have been right. Obviously he knows that statement couldn't be further from the truth now. Amasing how a little bit of inside knowledge goes a long way.

Anyone know which players actually supported freo before being drafted here?

Eric McKenzie was a huge Freo supporter.
Sorry, misread the question. I thought you meant Egirls that supported us before being drafted.

Chris Mayne was also a huge Freo supporter and was wrapped at being taken by us,.

Remove this Banner Ad

Docker Players who WERE eagle supporters..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back