Docker Players who WERE eagle supporters..

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if he was actually a Freo supporter or he just wore a Freo cap to draft day because he didn't want to leave WA.

That's right Esti.

He was an Egirls supporter but wore the Freo shirt and cap to the interview with Brissie because he wanted to put them off (brissie had pick 1, we had pick 2).

Eric McKenzie was a huge Freo supporter.
Sorry, misread the question. I thought you meant Egirls that supported us before being drafted.

Chris Mayne was also a huge Freo supporter and was wrapped at being taken by us,.
Chris Mayne was a North Melbourne supporter.

I was sure he was a freo supporter? Was it just that he was an Egirls hater perhaps? I remember reading about him being stoked to be selected by us?

Was a North Melbourne supporter but a staunch Eagles hater. I remember him saying he was stoked he wasn't drafted by "that other club" - referring to WCE :p

yep i remember that 2
Junior is 10 & a big Simon Black X Luke Hodge type but will probably be a bit taller. my mates reckon he will get drafted by the chardonnays becoz i hate them so much.
i go out of my way to not use their sponsors whether it be for insurance, fast food or glasses (unfortunately my vision is perfect). lol
when i used 2 teach i made the wc supporters leave last, clean the room & remove scarves, whilst Freo supporters could wear Freo caps in class & leave class first.
when on yard duty i used 2 go 2 a group of kids & ask who barracks 4 wc. any kid who did was told 2 pick up rubbish.
i coach my son's team (best in the comp, & i do rotate them 100000%) & i have turned only 3 kids away from the dark side towards the family team, so my work is not yet done.
btw they are an awesome bunch & any coach would do well with my team. maybe even my mate woosha.

Willo, given your preference for numbers, i take it you were a maths teacher and not an english teacher :D he he.

spelling+nazi.gif

Yeah, my son may get the opportunity in a few more years. No way I want him part of the weagles, and its not because we all support Freo. We have had numerous conversations about the culture at weagles over the years and he almost has the attitude that he'd rather miss out altogether than go there. What you are saying has A LOT of merit. We'd be very happy if he made any other team, but absolutely ecstatic if it was Freo.

A bit of a heads up mate, you know Michael Johnson was done for drugs don't you ? and if you actually looked inside all AFL clubs you would know there is drug culture in all of them. Some become endemic like what happened at the Eagles 5 years back, but through acceptance of this fact we now have one of the better policies to prevent this kind of thing happening again.

If you think your own club is not involved in drugs, then sure by any means your kids have never taken drugs and are all perfect little angels and everything is all peachy :confused: and then one day you wake up.

It's good to see Warrick Andreoli, Matthew Jones, Harley Bennell and Blayne Wilson are all Freo supporters:thumbsu: according to their draft camp profile.

Andreoli is the one I want at Fremantle next year. He likens himself to Stephen Hill - and he actually is very similar to him in the way he goes about his footy - great turn of pace and nice long kick.

A bit of a heads up mate, you know Michael Johnson was done for drugs don't you ? and if you actually looked inside all AFL clubs you would know there is drug culture in all of them. Some become endemic like what happened at the Eagles 5 years back, but through acceptance of this fact we now have one of the better policies to prevent this kind of thing happening again.

If you think your own club is not involved in drugs, then sure by any means your kids have never taken drugs and are all perfect little angels and everything is all peachy :confused: and then one day you wake up.

No, I am certainly not quite that naive. Drugs are in every facet/level of society. The question comes down to acceptance or not. All AFL clubs have gone through changes and have many education processes following the Eagles drug era.

But with things like drugs, its not a matter of watching the dvd's and signing where required that removes the culture (that's just lip service), its the true belief to remove it and take prevention to heart and not allow a continuance/return. Everything I have seen about the eagles since has been about how much pain and missing years they have had to endure since, its talked about as a chore, both by supporters and the players/club officialdom. So as for taking it to heart - I very much doubt it.

The very same people are in charge at the eagles - the same people that at the very least allowed it to continue because they were in premiership mode. In my view that's selling the soul's of their players for a piece of silver - no respect at all in that, and not an environment i want my son. People don't change their spots and if they were willing to allow the drug culture to continue then for the glory, what will the next thing they will allow/seek out. Obviously moral and legal issues are not of importance to those people - they just sweep it all under the carpet.

And the salivating that's going on by suporters and club about getting Kuz back even reinforces that view. We all know his views and his past - lesson learnt - no way, they just play lip service to it.

It's good to see Warrick Andreoli, Matthew Jones, Harley Bennell and Blayne Wilson are all Freo supporters:thumbsu: according to their draft camp profile.

Andreoli is the one I want at Fremantle next year. He likens himself to Stephen Hill - and he actually is very similar to him in the way he goes about his footy - great turn of pace and nice long kick.

Agreed, I want 'im too. I liked what I read.

Maybe he'll slide to our 2nd pick. Meanwhile Wilson slides to our 1st. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Docker Players who WERE eagle supporters..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back