Opinion Dockers Supercoach & Fantasy Footy Discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Nathan Wilson could score 10ish points more than he did last year? I'd be feeding it to him, if I were you guys.

Do you think Nathan Wilson could score 10ish points more than he did last year? I'd be feeding it to him, if I were you guys.

Looks classy but would wait until season proper before making a call on him to be honest. Still a lot of potential shuffling in the Freo back line, now that Blakely and Pearce are both back and firing, will mean job role changes are likely for existing players like Michael Johnson. Wilson will certainly slot in but his role remains to be seen - looks good on the ball and I hope Ross uses that to our advantage.

Ryan is a better kick than Wilson and I think he is a better bet if you want one of our defenders. Doesn't run and carry as much as Nathan (which is not worth anything anyway) but takes more marks and gets more of the pill.

Think Wilson will be similar to his GWS numbers.

Do you expect Sean Darcy to play regularly throughout 2018?

Looked great towards the end of last season but is obviously behind Sandi in the pecking order at the moment.

Will he have to wait for Sandi to be rested/injured (hope the latter does not occur, obviously) or will they feature in games together?

I would hope and expect Darcy would be lead ruck in some games during the year. Sandi will be rested, might get injured, but I'd like to see us using 2018 as a transition period. Darcy is the future so he should be afforded the opportunity to have a good run at the 1st ruck role, like he did in the back end of last season. Sandi will be helpful for the new midfield kids to learn and develop, but ultimately we need to develop rapport between Darcy and these guys so that needs to be emphasised in 2018.

As such I would stay away from either of them in the fantasy/SC sense.

I would hope and expect Darcy would be lead ruck in some games during the year. Sandi will be rested, might get injured, but I'd like to see us using 2018 as a transition period. Darcy is the future so he should be afforded the opportunity to have a good run at the 1st ruck role, like he did in the back end of last season. Sandi will be helpful for the new midfield kids to learn and develop, but ultimately we need to develop rapport between Darcy and these guys so that needs to be emphasised in 2018.

As such I would stay away from either of them in the fantasy/SC sense.

Thanks mate, appreciate the above.

The question is more for a draft league rather than fantasy/SC - we're very late in the draft and I need another ruck, as long as he'll play 10 or so games (with at least some as first ruck) I'll be happy.

Thanks mate, appreciate the above.

The question is more for a draft league rather than fantasy/SC - we're very late in the draft and I need another ruck, as long as he'll play 10 or so games (with at least some as first ruck) I'll be happy.

Should be fine then!
Would expect him to go 80+ easy when he is first ruck.

B&B starting to get noticed big time in Fantasy: Banners owned by 19.7% of teams, Brayshaw by 33.6%.
I've been on Andy since it opened and Banners since he played JLT1.

The best part is that supporters of the teams of other high draft picks will inherently pick their own players (Dow, LDU etc) but I think Andy has clearly shown he has the best fantasy game at this stage. Should keep his ownership a bit lower than it might otherwise be.

No guarantees he is the best performed but I think he'll be up there. The rest all seem like a bigger risk.

Banners is a no brainer if named as a 170k.

Neale scored a 32 last year when he was thrown forward against sydney in round 22 last year, what are the chances he will be thrown forward again?

And just a general query about him and what do you think he will average?

Neale scored a 32 last year when he was thrown forward against sydney in round 22 last year, what are the chances he will be thrown forward again?

And just a general query about him and what do you think he will average?
He was injured at the end of last season which I think explains the 32.

I have him 110 - looked magnificent in JLT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another question for you.

Ethan Hughes - what's the story? He's not listed as being injured (anywhere that I could find, anyway) and he didn't play either JLT game.

Yet it seems a lot of you have him in your best 22 for this year?

Is he likely to play most games?

His wrist has been in protective gear for much of pre-season, but seemingly he's past the worst of that. Not sure how he looks for round 1, but most here would say he's best 22.

Another question for you.

Ethan Hughes - what's the story? He's not listed as being injured (anywhere that I could find, anyway) and he didn't play either JLT game.

Yet it seems a lot of you have him in your best 22 for this year?

Is he likely to play most games?

He made some huge strides development-wise last year and he would be expected to come straight in when fit. Although, I feel that with the emergence of Luke Ryan and the addition of Wilson he'll be used less when running the ball out of defence and focus more on a 'lockdown' role, particularly if we're phasing out Spurr/Sutcliffe. I reckon he will have a breakout season but I'm not sure if it'll translate into quality fantasy points.

While you're here, what are your thoughts on Aaron Mullet? Will there be decent opportunity for him with Docherty out? Thought he looked ok in JLT

He made some huge strides development-wise last year and he would be expected to come straight in when fit. Although, I feel that with the emergence of Luke Ryan and the addition of Wilson he'll be used less when running the ball out of defence and focus more on a 'lockdown' role, particularly if we're phasing out Spurr/Sutcliffe. I reckon he will have a breakout season but I'm not sure if it'll translate into quality fantasy points.

Thanks, appreciate the response. I've taken him at pick 430 in a draft league so hopefully he's able to cement his spot and give me some good scores!

While you're here, what are your thoughts on Aaron Mullet? Will there be decent opportunity for him with Docherty out? Thought he looked ok in JLT

Really tough to say - I'd be wary of him, but he did play both JLT games so he's certainly in the discussion.

The issue there is we're not short of options at half back. Simpson obviously has been back there for years and that won't change, whilst all of Mullett, O'Shea, Williamson, Byrne and Cuningham will likely spend time down there. Then we've also got Weitering and Marchbank who can provide plenty of rebound despite being taller.

Thanks, appreciate the response. I've taken him at pick 430 in a draft league so hopefully he's able to cement his spot and give me some good scores!

Really tough to say - I'd be wary of him, but he did play both JLT games so he's certainly in the discussion.

The issue there is we're not short of options at half back. Simpson obviously has been back there for years and that won't change, whilst all of Mullett, O'Shea, Williamson, Byrne and Cuningham will likely spend time down there. Then we've also got Weitering and Marchbank who can provide plenty of rebound despite being taller.

Wow that's a big league! In that case I'll say pick 430 is decent value for someone who will be playing a lot of games.

And cheers for the response on Mullett. I got down to my last 2 picks in my draft league before shockingly realising that I hadn't drafted a 3rd and 4th defender, so I had no choice but to pick up Mullett and, funnily enough, Hughes with my last couple of selections. Probably try to be a little more sober next year.

Just like above, what can we expect from Walters ? Because when he has a bad game, it's a stinker, it's beyond bad.

Walters would have to be a lock for midfield time now with Hillx2 returning from injuries ?
Have had him in my Fantasy side all pre season, but always with that lingering doubt that he will be shoved into a forward pocket for extensive time

Just like above, what can we expect from Walters ? Because when he has a bad game, it's a stinker, it's beyond bad.

I think Walters will be 70% midfield. We have many more forward options now and can afford to release him more. Spent a lot of time in the midfield during JLT.

Of course, he is still prone to a stinker even in the mids. Slightly susceptible to a tag there too.

Where is Mundy going to play? Had a bit of a man crush on him since his breakout season in 09/10(forget which) and he’s usually a good SC player. I thought his scores last season were lower due to playing forward a few times but with Blakely, Fyfe, Neale, Brayshaw all vying for midfield time where is Mandy’s spot.

Basically asking if the team is going to prioritise youth this season, or if the Mundy’s, Sandilands’, Ballantynes. Johnson’s etc. are going to play most of the season in their preferred roles. Lachie Weller was forced onto half back as well for last season apparently so it seems midfield spots are real tight.

That ring said I really think Mundy adds class that the above 4 inside mids don’t have. Or is Walters the forward I should have in my team?

Where is Mundy going to play? Had a bit of a man crush on him since his breakout season in 09/10(forget which) and he’s usually a good SC player. I thought his scores last season were lower due to playing forward a few times but with Blakely, Fyfe, Neale, Brayshaw all vying for midfield time where is Mandy’s spot.

Basically asking if the team is going to prioritise youth this season, or if the Mundy’s, Sandilands’, Ballantynes. Johnson’s etc. are going to play most of the season in their preferred roles. Lachie Weller was forced onto half back as well for last season apparently so it seems midfield spots are real tight.

That ring said I really think Mundy adds class that the above 4 inside mids don’t have. Or is Walters the forward I should have in my team?
Based on what we are hearing and have seen in JLT I think Mundy and Fyfe will be spending more time "resting" forward - perhaps 50 / 50 forward and midfield. It seems to me like Ross is tending to save Mundy for the real crunch moments and when he does go into the midfield he has an immediate impact.

I'd expect scores similar to last year.

of the two I'd go walters personally. Seems more likely to spend more time through the midfield (particularly with the Hills being injured)

Can cerra, banfield & Brayshaw all play together? Brayshaw a no brainer for sc but concerned on security of banfield going forward

Thanks
Yes they can. Job security will be around performance but they would all get 3 or more games to find their feet at least. As long as they give the effort they will probably get more leeway as well.

He won't play round 1 but I expect Cerra to be the first in when a mid or flanker goes out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dockers Supercoach & Fantasy Footy Discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back