Does Izak Rankine have the highest natural talent in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankines very good. He can think through a situation extremely quickly. He attempts some stuff that other players wouldn't even consider like handballing between an oppositions legs to keep the ball in play while hard up against the boundary.

His footballing I.Q is right up there.

The answer is Sheezel.

He’s an inferior athlete to pretty much all the names mentioned here, yet he’s a better footballler and possibly even more mercurial.

All his talent is between his ears and in his finger tips.

Darren Jarman was the same.

Back One Out how good was Nick Watson today. 4 possessions. 3 from staging frees. 0 goals. 1 behind and 1 on the full.
Yeah, damn… Those are some real Kozzy Pickett-like numbers

People give an extraordinary amount of shit to a 13-game teenage small forward in his first season of AFL footy

Apart from Cyril, Kozzy and a couple of others (Cody Weightman?), you don’t much about any the of the young small forwards until their 3rd, 4th season when they’re 21, 22 years old and they’ve played 50-60 games

I suppose it’s a great indicator of his raw talent and exciting potential that he commands so much attention from the media and from all the flogs on Big Footy.

I think Conor Rozee on his best day is close to the top.

I'm biased but Rozee is insanely agile, when he has the ball he's almost untackleable (simply because you can't get close to him)

The way he can turn and pivot on the spot is incredible to watch.

Most talented in the AFL? Probably not. It would be hard to attribute that to one individual in the current year.

I'm biased but Rozee is insanely agile, when he has the ball he's almost untackleable (simply because you can't get close to him)

The way he can turn and pivot on the spot is incredible to watch.

Most talented in the AFL? Probably not. It would be hard to attribute that to one individual in the current year.
He's Judd V2 Simarily Heeney

Plays well inside, outside, forward, can leap and take a mark, good around the body. If he builds the consistency he may be one of the greats of 2000-2035

The answer is Sheezel.

He’s an inferior athlete to pretty much all the names mentioned here, yet he’s a better footballler and possibly even more mercurial.

All his talent is between his ears and in his finger tips.

Darren Jarman was the same.
Sheezel is not only talented but so clever

He has those Toby Greene, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Ryder type mercurial abilities to knock the ball on or bring a teammate into play

Even a bit of Pendles with his ability to create space where there is none

He’s amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine is the best junior I have seen play. I would have taken him with pick 1 that year, and it has proven to be a very good first round. His pace and sidestep was unbelievable, so was his ability to pull goals out of nowhere. He has taken a while to get his tank up to afl level, but will be a top 10 player in the league as soon as next year. The biggest problem is where does he hold more value to the team? As a mercurial 50+ goal a year small forward or an explosive mid? I think forward. They need 2 of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Izak Rankine have the highest natural talent in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back