Flogstradamus Does Norf have a better player than Bernie Vince?

Remove this Banner Ad

It is one of the really sad outcomes that players of the calibre of Jones have to waste their time/prospects at a club like Melbourne
He does seem to be one of the few that has overcome this sad indictment of a development program over the last few years
Hopefully the AFL-sponsored Roos' era will save the club from entrenching its shitness and players like Jones are regarded as turning points

I think it's pretty valid. Put Jones in a higher quality team and he does't have to do as much work and therefore his possessions go down. He virtually has to carry Melbourne.
Lol. It's not valid it's speculation and highly arguable. With the support of a good midfield Jones has improved - he hasn't gone backwards this year. When Cousins and Judd left West Coast did Kerr and the other mids improve? Do you really think if you'd have put Swallow into Melbourne's midfield the past couple of years in place of Jones he would have performed at a higher level?

You haven't played much footy, have you? If Jones had been in Collingwood or Geelongs midfield the past three years he would be far more highly regarded.

Jones would get a game at GWS and maybe the Bulldogs. If Melbourne offered him for free to any other club, they'd still be laughed at and be told to go away.

Jones would get a game at GWS and maybe the Bulldogs. If Melbourne offered him for free to any other club, they'd still be laughed at and be told to go away.
You're usually better at trolling than that. And given Jones is a better midfielder than anyone at Norf it doesn't say much about your blokes.

You're usually better at trolling than that. And given Jones is a better midfielder than anyone at Norf it doesn't say much about your blokes.

Ain't a troll. Jones looks good because he's in a shit side. I think that's universally agreed upon.

:eek: This is the stupidest thing I've seen in this thread, apart from Howe + Jones > Norf. He would be your best midfielder

he would get a game at other clubs too - not the elite midfields like Collingwood, Hawthorn, North, Sydney and Freo - but he would get a game at more than just GWS and the bulldogs

Ain't a troll. Jones looks good because he's in a shit side. I think that's universally agreed upon.
Myth.
he would get a game at other clubs too - not the elite midfields like Collingwood, Hawthorn, North, Sydney and Freo - but he would get a game at more than just GWS and the bulldogs
Just not true- he might not be the best mid in those clubs- but he'd be in every sides starting 18 easily

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek: This is the stupidest thing I've seen in this thread, apart from Howe + Jones > Norf. He would be your best midfielder

Yeah, that's probably why we beat them when we play them.

Lol. It's not valid it's speculation and highly arguable. With the support of a good midfield Jones has improved - he hasn't gone backwards this year. When Cousins and Judd left West Coast did Kerr and the other mids improve? Do you really think if you'd have put Swallow into Melbourne's midfield the past couple of years in place of Jones he would have performed at a higher level?

You haven't played much footy, have you? If Jones had been in Collingwood or Geelongs midfield the past three years he would be far more highly regarded.
I understand it's arguable and can't be proven, but it is certainly feasible. And with the stars in Collingwood and Geelong's midfield I think it's safe to say Jones would struggle to get a game.

I understand it's arguable and can't be proven, but it is certainly feasible. And with the stars in Collingwood and Geelong's midfield I think it's safe to say Jones would struggle to get a game.
If you've ever played the game you'd know it's complete bollocks.

Basically your assertion is that playing in a shit midfield means you're shitter than perceived and playing in a great midfield means you're better than people acknowledge.

Which actually means Sellwood is better than given credit for and Ziebell and Ablett are worse...

Last edited:
If you've ever played the game you'd know it's complete bollocks.

Basically your assertion is that playing in a shit midfield means you're shitter than perceived and playing in a great midfield means you're better than people acknowledge.

Which actually means Sellwood is better than given credit for and Ziebell and Ablett are worse...
Do you think Ablett has improved since leaving Geelong? Because I do. It's not true in all cases but I think there is fair bit of substance in it. For example Cam Pederson couldn't get a game at North and has walked into Melbourne and become one of their key players.

Do you think Ablett has improved since leaving Geelong? Because I do. It's not true in all cases but I think there is fair bit of substance in it. For example Cam Pederson couldn't get a game at North and has walked into Melbourne and become one of their key players.
You think that if Ablett had stayed at Geelong he wouldn't be as good as he is now. God you are full of shit. Created rubbish theories as an excuse for why Swallow is worse than Jones. Just suck it up.

You think that if Ablett had stayed at Geelong he wouldn't be as good as he is now. God you are full of shit. Created rubbish theories as an excuse for why Swallow is worse than Jones. Just suck it up.
I don't know, but he is definitely better since moving to the Gold Coast. And I don't necessarily think Jones is better than Swallow anyway.

I'm beginning to think you lot are just flat out stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Flogstradamus Does Norf have a better player than Bernie Vince?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back