Prediction Does Voss get the sack if Carlton miss finals in 2023?

Does Voss get the sack if the Blues miss finals in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 254 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 184 42.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You can't deny the players on Carlton's list right now. Three current All-Australians in Cripps, Curnow and Saad, reigning Brownlow Medallist Cripps, reigning Coleman Medallist Curnow, 2021 Coleman Medallist Harry McKay, Sam Walsh in the midfield, Weitering in the backline etc.

It really seems like this is a team that should be playing finals with the talent on the list. But... what if they don't play finals next year? Is it a reflection of Voss' coaching ability and if so, does he get the sack if they miss the 8 next year?

History would suggest yes, But that would be pretty brutal.

They 100% should be competing for a flag with their current list, But it's kind of risky to pull another coach out again and destabilize the club when they are arguably in their prime. But if Voss can't make the 8 with that list then idk if they have a choice. Will put them in quite the difficult position.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200.gif

If they miss the 8.

He won’t get sacked, but he should.

Clarkson would have had them playing finals in 2022.

Clarkson would have had them contending for a flag in 2023.

That should be the comparison and also the expectation.

If they miss the 8.

He won’t get sacked, but he should.

Clarkson would have had them playing finals in 2022.

Clarkson would have had them contending for a flag in 2023.

That should be the comparison and also the expectation.
His severance terms with the Hawks meant he wasn't allowed to coach in 2022. If he was, there would probably be another cup in the Arden Street trophy cabinet.

Nah he’ll have another 3 minimum with no finals. But they’ll make finals this year so it won’t matter.

I don’t see Carlton sacking a legend of the game after 2 years when he’s already improved them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It sounds silly, but I think he does get moved if they don't make the top 8

I actually am amazed some Carlton fans are saying 'no'

They have wanted and have moved on coaches with terrible lists, now Voss has a great list so finals is a minimum

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Does Voss get the sack if Carlton miss finals in 2023?

Back