News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

All subjective but I really like my dt990s, $150 second hand. Sennhesier HD25' are cheap as shit and I really like those too.

not a fan of the studio sennys I had.

Tried ultra spenny cans but not really worth it imo.

cant beat the beyerdynamic build quality.

decent enough difference between $2-500 headphones and a $1-2000 pair, especially when you're powering them appropriately. Anything above that, I personally don't see much point.

if you had a $1 for every song tracked with hd280pros or 7506's we wouldnt be on bigfooty.

I love where this thread went.

man if i was him, i would say no to coaching v lions, but yes to coming a long, get a wave and cheer to the crowd, and then sit in a box sinking piss laughing while the team gets pumelled.
Democratic Party Omg GIF by The Democrats

I'm not sure if people just aren't getting the American Psycho reference, are making ironic references or are unaware they are partaking in the one-upmanship the film satirises
I don't recall Patrick Bateman saying his $20 headphones were better than a $4,000 dollar pair.

I don't recall Patrick Bateman saying his $20 headphones were better than a $4,000 dollar pair.
Ok... Beerfish's original comment was about a poster who was obsessively telling everybody about his expensive hi fidelity headphones, so he heard what was said to Williams.

I then posted a picture of Patrick Bateman in his headphones. Which, while not quoted in the movie, he wears as they are expensive and he wants everyone to know they are. Bateman is also obsessive.

Beerfish then posted a gif of the card scene. And made, what i take as in ironic comment about his better ($4000) headphones. I highly doubt he has said headphones

It has then devolved into a whole thing about the better headphones (card). Mind blowing.

Ok... Beerfish's original comment was about a poster who was obsessively telling everybody about his expensive hi fidelity headphones, so he heard what was said to Williams.

I then posted a picture of Patrick Bateman in his headphones. Which, while not quoted in the movie, he wears as they are expensive and he wants everyone to know they are. Bateman is also obsessive.

Beerfish then posted a gif of the card scene. And made, what i take as in ironic comment about his better ($4000) headphones. I highly doubt he has said headphones

It has then devolved into a whole thing about the better headphones (card). Mind blowing.
yeah I missed all that, I just like talking about audio gear.

And then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Simpson said on Talking Footy that he was telling Bailey Williams to get rid of his terrible moustache so all the speculation here about what he said was wrong including the people with the expensive headphones that claimed to hear what he said to him.

Adam Simpson said on Talking Footy that he was telling Bailey Williams to get rid of his terrible moustache so all the speculation here about what he said was wrong including the people with the expensive headphones that claimed to hear what he said to him.
Not in any universe does ‘it’ sound like ‘say’.

Go away, watch the video and you’ll delete this post. Seriously mate…it’s miles off target.

Not in any universe does ‘it’ sound like ‘say’.

Go away, watch the video and you’ll delete this post. Seriously mate…it’s miles off target.

This is what Simpson said that he said to Bailey Williams, they just showed footage of his interview on the Ch7 news here in Perth.

I think he would know what he said better than all the internet detectives unless he was just making it up to cover up the truth.

Adam Simpson said on Talking Footy that he was telling Bailey Williams to get rid of his terrible moustache so all the speculation here about what he said was wrong
Nah not all of us are deaf:
This sounds like another joke suggestion, but: I'm pretty sure he was just commenting on Bailey Williams' pathetic moustache.

A convenient cover story - however I isolated Simmo's audio and played it though my Pixel buds, and he dropped a bunch of racial slurs before telling Reid to get rid of that "gay" haircut.

2 or 3 years too late, but it's the right decision.

Won a flag, 2 GF appearances and 6 consecutive finals appearances from 2015-20. He had a good run with them.
3 years too late? So your saying at the end of 2021? I disgree, They made finals from 2015-20. You wont sack a coach after 1 year of missing out on finals after a 6 year run of finals which pulled in 2 grand finals and a flag. Had you Said at the end of 2022, then yeah makes sense after the 2-20 record.
“Senior players” wanted him gone.

Outside of McGovern, which player has really earned the right to want that? Darling? Gaff? Duggan is the most painful player in the competition with his inability to make quick & decisive decisions. Yeo has spent the best part of 3 years sidelined.

Amusing. Tail wagging the dog.

But clearly once you lose the players you can’t remain. How do you lead what will be a slow rebuild when you don’t have the support of the players. The media vultures were circling all last week & you knew something was inevitable.
Well some of those older players are needed to help the younger players right?
He had a good run but it was definitely time and if really 3 years too late, his lack of dropping older spuds and focusing on youth was his own doing. Our club is in a place it’s never been development wise because of his decisions.

Hopefully players get put on notice and start performing as their careers dependant on it which they didn’t do with him as coach because they’d be picked the following week no matter what.
I have posted this on Various threads. Certain players were on the list for one year Too Many. Former captain Shannon Hurn was one example. What was the point playing him in 2023? The bloke played 13 games that year. He eventually retired on 333 games.

Shuey was another example of one year too many and he was the current captain at the time too.

All will be forgotten in 18 months once the next big coaching job is available. Theres multiple head coaches at their 2nd job in the league right now, most didn't win a flag either.

I think its the Similar case with Mark Thompson, John Worsfold and Al Clarkson. All stayed 10 plus years at the one club. They all got stale and were mentally exhausted. They all took a year off too.

I think Adam Simpson will take a year off before finding another job.

id bet my left nut he will get another senior gig at some point in the next 3-5 years.
I wont be suprised. Every West coast Premiership coach tha leaves the eagles, gets another head coaching gig somewhere down the line.

That didn't stop Ross Lyon getting another gig
Ross Lyon isnt a Slouch, despite no AFL premierships to his name. Got saints to grand finals in 2009 and 2010. He got Freo to a grand final in 2013. that alone is an achievement in itself.
He will get another job for sure, his credentials are much better than Brad Scott & Brett Ratten who got coaching jobs again.
Why? Because Adam Simpson won a premiership with a club like West coast that has lots of resources? Brad Scotts Stint at North Melbourne from 2010 until mid 2019 is underrated and under appreciated. 4 finals wins in that 2014-6 period was decent for a club that doesnt have a lot of Resources and money.

Brett Ratten got a finals win as Carlton coach in 2011 and another finals win as Saints coach in 2020.
Nah....

This was easily the most overdue coach-sacking in all my decades of watching AFL footy. Three seasons of absolute pus. I'm amazed he lasted this long. Although it makes perfect sense now that I've read about the ramifications his contract payout would've caused due to the AFL's soft cap tax.
I wasnt shocked he lasted this long. He got the most of that squad and got a flag out of it.
Genuinely good coach given absolutely nothing to work with in terms of that dogshit Eagles playing list.
He had a good run. Finals in 2015-20. grand final in 2015, flag in 2018.

Equalization. You make finals , you dont get early picks, unless you do trades.

Eagles didnt have one top 5 pick between 2014-21 because their lowest positions was 9th in 2014 and 2021.

I said at the end of 2022 on other threads the Playing list was old, Beaten up and stale.
Port are 6th on the ladder

Heading into their 7th finals series with Hinkley at the helm.

The people who think he can't coach are idiots. Mostly deluded Port nuffies who always think their players are more talented than everyone else's.
True....

As a neutral, I dont mind Ken Hinkley as coach. I would like Ken Hinkley to coach freo if that means he can get freo to finals wins.

He had a good run. Finals in 2015-20. grand final in 2015, flag in 2018.

Equalization. You make finals , you dont get early picks, unless you do trades.

Eagles didnt have one top 5 pick between 2014-21 because their lowest positions was 9th in 2014 and 2021.

It's really the way it should work, the Eagles & Richmond were both up for a decent period, they should bottom out and take some time to rebuild (as they both are).

It gives others the chance to have their time in the sun - which is good for the competition as a whole.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Simpson sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back