Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually didn't mind us playing the 3 talls yesterday, all have very good mobility and don't compromise our team defence. I thought English was very good in that space and worked up and down and ran to the right spots for the majority of the game... In time I can see them all causing headaches for opposing teams

Stringer showed how dangerous he can be when he leads at the ball carrier and the rest of his game comes on when he does this, too good a footballer to be stuffing around at the back. He's probably our most effective player when he does the basics.

I actually didn't mind us playing the 3 talls yesterday, all have very good mobility and don't compromise our team defence. I thought English was very good in that space and worked up and down and ran to the right spots for the majority of the game... In time I can see them all causing headaches for opposing teams
Agreed, English allowed Boyd and Roughy to impact more contests IMO and they could sort of 'bob' up anywhere. There will be weeks where it doesn't work but it gave us a different look yesterday, English's ground level skills makes up for us perhaps being bit too top heavy.

Playing English, Boyd & Roughead will work in the future but at the moment English just doesn't have the tank to do it at AFL level. However he is a different enough player to Boyd & Roughy that I have no problem with him being in the same team with them but it's just a bit too early for him.

Why not? If you mean there should be another tall there to take pressure off him, fair enough - but he is our best goalkicker so he may be our best bet at FF. Plus bloody great to watch.

We agree. I meant we should always have another tall there to take pressure off him and not rely on him to take pack marks, crumb and lead etc etc.

At the game i thought Williams just did ok. Listening to the radio today commentators on both SEN and ABC remarked how "influential" he was. A case of getting their Baileys confused or did I miss it? Interested in others thoughts.

Great to see a number of key players getting back closer to their best (including Picken whom I suggested should be dropped for a week to spark him into form. ?????). I thought the poster earlier who said Bont was believing his own publicity was unfair. I think he may be carrying an injury, I don't know this for sure, but he has more than enough credits to receive the benefit of any doubt.

I think I will nickname Roughead 'Bacon". Might be or might not be great on its own but throw it in the mix and the result is so much better.

At the game i thought Williams just did ok. Listening to the radio today commentators on both SEN and ABC remarked how "influential" he was. A case of getting their Baileys confused or did I miss it? Interested in others thoughts
No doubting Dale was more influential than Williams, it wasn't Williams best game but he has a knack of doing some good things in tight that results in scores to us... Dales best game by far

At the game i thought Williams just did ok. Listening to the radio today commentators on both SEN and ABC remarked how "influential" he was. A case of getting their Baileys confused or did I miss it? Interested in others thoughts.

Great to see a number of key players getting back closer to their best (including Picken whom I suggested should be dropped for a week to spark him into form. ?????). I thought the poster earlier who said Bont was believing his own publicity was unfair. I think he may be carrying an injury, I don't know this for sure, but he has more than enough credits to receive the benefit of any doubt.

I think I will nickname Roughead 'Bacon". Might be or might not be great on its own but throw it in the mix and the result is so much better.
I thought Williams was pretty good especially in the first half - good composure and judgement when the game was still there to be won.

Good solid workman like win today.
Still not firing on all cylinders but got the job done and had some players display some promising form.

For all those posters getting stuck into the Bont, I think he was/is clearly carrying some sort of injury. There were a few times today where he was really hobbling and struggling to cover the ground.

I wish that people wouldn't lump Dale and Williams together based on their first name. I thought Dale was excellent today, whilst Williams was just ok and made a few mistakes that might have been badly punished in a tighter game. Although Murphy's injury strengthens his case for staying in the team for a few more weeks, I think he needs to get a lot better if he wants to cement a spot in the side.

Caleb Daniel was a joy to watch today.
Professore: the injury that the bont is carrying is that his head is carrying a big inflated ego who believes his own bull atm. Bevo will put him in his right place. Hope the leadership does the same, especially after not passing the ball to Stringer. CD best on ground imo. Love little Diego. Beautiful skills and amazing footy brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are getting closer to our actual best 22

The real players played well on the weekend and the passengers struggled as they will.

3-4 more ins and more importantly outs and we can compete

This win. With a 90+ point win in the VFL with our AFL listed e players dominating. Seems like we are building that momentum. Flying under thetar going into the bye. Keep letting the media talk about that premiership hangover. ;)
... and how good Adelaide and GWS are the favourites and the teams to beat, bla, garbage, bla, the media just don't have any idea. no talk of tactics, game styles, etc. full of rpubbish. we are sitting pretty. happy with this win, bc we bplayed ok and won well. hope libba returns with his head and heart in the right place.

The extra talla drastically improves our ball movement because it gives so many more options. It was so much harder for the opposition to stop our handball and short game when they also have to guard against the long bomb.

Noticed that English rarely gets outmarked and he's surprisingly difficult to tackle. He is already very good at dishing off the handball when tackled.

So Bont has one shot at goal instead of passing and he is a big head?????

Hahahahhaha some of the utter utter cr@p spoken on here is beyond a joke.

I truly think some of you have no idea about anything.
1-01Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

MD = Saraswati, Seshat and Athena all in one. You are the real deal, the real PACKAGE!!!

Lol you just said one of the most level headed young men we have ever had is a big head? And I'm the one who is the package??

Lol so many i can't count anymore

I thought he was really good for the first 3 quarters. So much so that I thought to myself that I would probably prefer to give him games over M Boyd, which I had previously been against.
A bit quiet in the last quarter though.

I normally sit level 3 anywhere on the broadcast wing wherever I can get a seat as low down as possible. If it's reserved over there, then I'll go behind the goals.

It was quiet like that against Norf in the first quarter, then they got on top and it changed and everyone started talking.

The first quarter yesterday was very cagey, even though the skill errors from both teams were bad. Wasn't until the third quarter I thought we got louder. Dunno, maybe the roof being open had something to do with it also, think that's the first Etihad game I've been to where the roof was open since that R1 game against Freo last year.

The atmosphere up there against Richmond was great though all game and it was chocker block too. Depends how the game pans out perhaps?
Go to bay 22.5 on the the 3rd level. There you will find the Dickooooo cheer squad. A group of 50+ blokes with a couple 30 something hangers on behaving like 15 years who told their parents they were going to aunties place but instead went to the footy. You will have a laugh.

I thought Williams was pretty good especially in the first half - good composure and judgement when the game was still there to be won.
Can't say I agree with this entirely, in any case, I think you're misinterpretation what people say. You can look good, do good thinks and show good composure and adjustment, but at the end of the day there's a limit to how much you can influence the game when you only have 3 kicks, and it isn't something that's new to Williams. He's only had 10 kicks once in his 11 games as a player. He's had games with only 11 and 14 touches this year. He's certainly shown good signs for the future, what he has done has looked classy, and we know that he's got a natural ability to win the ball so lack of possession winning shouldn't be a long-term issue (given he won 50+ in the SANFL 18's). But lets not kid ourselves with his direct, contributing nature to our games so far - there's only so much that a player who should be winning 20+ touches, in his role, can do when he isn't. It's not as if he's winning 16 touches but 7 or 9 or whatever are contested - he's an outside player who only found space to kick the ball three times in what probably is an hour of game time on the ground. And lets not treat him like a 1st year player - he is a 2nd year player - so when does a sub-15-possesison game cease to be acceptable? 3rd year and 30 games? 4th year and 45?

Again, not saying we shouldn't continue to pick him to develop him for the future, or what he does do doesn't look good, again, for a player for the future and a player of his age, it certainly looks good. But what he's showing for the future, and how he contributes as 1 part of 22 in helping us win games today are completely different things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back