Autopsy Dogs def Suns by 54 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anybody else a little worried about Moz, so many broken bones lately, Brittle bones not good for future health.
#getwellmoz
Add two Brocken bones in his arm to that list. We may've seen the last of the great man in the glorious tri-colours

Is anybody else a little worried about Moz, so many broken bones lately, Brittle bones not good for future health.
#getwellmoz

Jon Ralph ( I know not reliable) had on Twitter that Morris was wanting to play on next year and the club were happy for him to, but he wasn't sure if this injury would change that in any way

It was a solid win, probably the best of the season. Unfortunately it's a little too late. I don't see the Dogs jumping ahead of West Coast or the Bombers.

I dunno...Thor himself would have broken his wrist putting his arm down to brace his fall from that height. Just a dodgy predicament.
I know but tonight plus broken back and 2 broken legs in the last 3 years is way to much to ask from anyone. Im not talking about his playing career here, but his quality of life after footy. I know he is close to superhuman, my second fav behind Picken in this side but so many broken bones lately doesnt seem normal.

Positives:

Lewie Young with another 10 marks today. This kid is special. He is already an upgrade of Hamling, as he is much taller(197cm vs 194cm), yet still brings the incredible athleticism and speed that Hamling brought (2nd fastest 20m sprint time at AFL draft combine in SA). But most importantly he is a legit intercept/contested marker unlike Hamling.

Picken is clearly our best forward. His work up forward was a big reason why we won the flag last year. So why the hell has he spent all of the year on the wing? Why do we only play him forward when Stringer is missing? The only other time he played permanent forward this year was vs North rd14 when Stringer was injured as well, and he dominated and kicked 3 goals.
Not only does he dominate up forward but he is a liability when he plays on the wing because of his poor decision making and ball use. Up forward those problems are a non issue and he can use his incredible 1 on 1 work and great overhead marking(for his size).

Good to see Macrae take some contested marks. At 191cm, if he can start to use his height to be an aerial weapon he can seriously challenge Bont as our best player, as he is much more consistent in getting his hands on the ball.

Good to see Redpath finally have a good game. 11 marks, 18 disposals and a goal. Unfortunately he might have cost himself a week on the sidelines because of a stupid jumper punch.

Has McLean been our best player over the last 3 weeks? He is averaging 28 disposals and 6 tackles a game over the last 3 weeks.

After a little dry patch it's good to see Wallis dominate the last 2 games. 26 disposals and 1 goal today.

Biggsy with his best game of the year. 27 disposals and 11 marks. After an up and down year, hopefully he builds some form heading into finals (if we somehow make it).

Negatives:

Dale Morris's injury.

Murphy's performance is a worry. It's looking like this might very well be his last year.

Webb with another great performance in the VFL today (30 disposals 4 goals), yet he probably still won't get a look in as Bevo has a hard on for Honey, the turnover and point kicking machine (he had 2 set shots at goal today that didn't even make the distance).

I love Cordy and his grit but Lewie Youngs recent performances raise some serious questions about Cordy and his place in the team. IF we do get Lever at the end of the year, and Adams comes back in to the team, I think Cordy will find himself playing VFL most of next year. Young was clearly a class above everyone last week, but even tonight Young had 16 disposals vs Cordys 9, and 10 marks vs 3. This is all whilst being 197cm vs 191cm, and playing on a very dangerous Tom Lynch.

Libba.....I just don't know.....

Positives:

Lewie Young with another 10 marks today. This kid is special. He is already an upgrade of Hamling, as he is much taller(197cm vs 194cm), yet still brings the incredible athleticism and speed that Hamling brought (2nd fastest 20m sprint time at AFL draft combine in SA). But most importantly he is a legit intercept/contested marker unlike Hamling.

Picken is clearly our best forward. His work up forward was a big reason why we won the flag last year. So why the hell has he spent all of the year on the wing? Why do we only play him forward when Stringer is missing? The only other time he played permanent forward this year was vs North rd14 when Stringer was injured as well, and he dominated and kicked 3 goals.
Not only does he dominate up forward but he is a liability when he plays on the wing because of his poor decision making and ball use. Up forward those problems are a non issue and he can use his incredible 1 on 1 work and great overhead marking(for his size).

Good to see Macrae take some contested marks. At 191cm, if he can start to use his height to be an aerial weapon he can seriously challenge Bont as our best player, as he is much more consistent in getting his hands on the ball.

Good to see Redpath finally have a good game. 11 marks, 18 disposals and a goal. Unfortunately he might have cost himself a week on the sidelines because of a stupid jumper punch.

Has McLean been our best player over the last 3 weeks? He is averaging 28 disposals and 6 tackles a game over the last 3 weeks.

After a little dry patch it's good to see Wallis dominate the last 2 games. 26 disposals and 1 goal today.

Biggsy with his best game of the year. 27 disposals and 11 marks. After an up and down year, hopefully he builds some form heading into finals (if we somehow make it).

Negatives:

Dale Morris's injury.

Murphy's performance is a worry. It's looking like this might very well be his last year.

Webb with another great performance in the VFL today (30 disposals 4 goals), yet he probably still won't get a look in as Bevo has a hard on for Honey, the turnover and point kicking machine (he had 2 set shots at goal today that didn't even make the distance).

I love Cordy and his grit but Lewie Youngs recent performances raise some serious questions about Cordy and his place in the team. IF we do get Lever at the end of the year, and Adams comes back in to the team, I think Cordy will find himself playing VFL most of next year. Young was clearly a class above everyone last week, but even tonight Young had 16 disposals vs Cordys 9, and 10 marks vs 3. This is all whilst being 197cm vs 191cm, and playing on a very dangerous Tom Lynch.

Zordy for his fist alone and his aggression keeps him in the team or move him forward. He doesnt give a shit about running through blokes

Positives:

Negatives:

Dale Morris's injury.

Wah cordy has been amazing

Positives:

Negatives:

Dale Morris's injury.

Most of it i 100% agreed with until the Cordy bit. Dude is a stone cold killer.

So....i guess I'll bring it up......how about that bob murphy game........

tenor.gif
Putrid

Positives:

Negatives:

Dale Morris's injury.

I think that Cordy is safe as houses in the backline, regardless of whether or not we get Lever. With Collins beginning to progress towards the seniors I suspect that Beveridge and Co gave us a glimpse of future when we saw Adams move forward with varying degrees of success earlier this year. I also suspect that we might get a glimpse into that future as soon as next week when Collins, Cordy and Young Lewis Young all play in the same side.

Lets not forget that he is a 193cm player who is best suited to a flank that is playing incredible well yet is way outside his weight devision, Next week he will be the most experienced tall in our backline and he'll love it.

Last edited:
I hope that tonight's game is the end of Picken in the midfield, it plays to his strengths and hides his weaknesses.

Lewis Young needs a contract extension now, he's going to be everything Grant was but taller and with better hair.

Dale always had talent but he lacked intensity, but that's getting better all the time. His ceiling is one of the highest at the club if it all comes together.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that Cordy is safe as houses in the backline, regardless of whether or not we get Lever. With Collins beginning to progress towards the seniors I suspect that Beveridge and Co gave us a glimpse of future when we saw Adams move forward with varying degrees of success earlier this year. I also suspect that we might get a glimpse into that future as soon as next week when Collins, Cordy and Young Lewis Young all play in the same side.

Cordy, Collins and Young vs Daniher, Hooker and Stewart. Will be interesting. Daniher and Hooker might kick 10 each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zordy for his fist alone and his aggression keeps him in the team or move him forward. He doesnt give a shit about running through blokes
Yep.
Its not a defenders job to get possessions its their job to stop their opponent from getting them.

Positives:

Negatives:

Dale Morris's injury.

If we get Lever, Adams will end up our CHF. And Cordy will 100% be in the side.

Thats because JJ is playing better and we have been playing against weak sides. Williams has been getting carried and has been more of a liability than an asset. Our worst player two games in a row.

19 disposals at 80% for 19 year old who's played under 15 games?

Trust me Scrag, this take is a poor one.

Yeah losing tom boyd is really starting to kill us...

Roughead is so poor at the moment.

I thought that aside from a couple of nice marks around the ground from Rough, that Red offered us more through the middle of the ground. His low, hard and precise field kicking was right on tonight.

It was a solid win, probably the best of the season. Unfortunately it's a little too late. I don't see the Dogs jumping ahead of West Coast or the Bombers.

If we don't drop our bundle we will absolutely end up above West Coast and St Kilda. The Eagles have
Collingwood (Melbourne)
Brisbane (Perth)
St Kilda (Melbourne)
Carlton (Perth)
GWS (Spotless)
Adelaide (Perth)
to come. I see 3 wins max there.

The question is the Bombers - they have a great fixture to come, and an excellent percentage. Someone called it earlier - next week against the Bombers could well be an Elimination Final.

19 disposals at 80% for 19 year old who's played under 15 games?

Trust me Scrag, this take is a poor one.

His turnovers hurt us and he got done holding the ball at least three times. I just don't see what he brings to the side as he's not particularly fast, he's not great overhead and he isn't an elite ball user. The only thing he seems to do well is spin out of tackles which isn't that useful unless you can hurt the opposition with pace or kicking. I get that he's young but the way people on here talk about him you'd think he's the next Bob Murphy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs def Suns by 54 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back