Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just signed a new deal, he's going nowhere.

What happened to your skinny bloke with no shoulders and small head? His name escapes me.
Either Jones or Grant. Jones... developing. Had a stinker of a year. Grant... eating Mcdonalds in order to not get pushed out by Sam Dunell in a marking contest (Y) Jones has a couple of years to prove himself, Grant probably one. Dire scenes.

Just google his name, their's an article on him and the exodus from Melbourne, they mention it there.
After that article was written, Mark Neeld refuted the claims he was leaving.
If he was to be traded, there's no chance in hell we'd give them Higgins for him and Gysberts. If he's delisted, we could just get him for free if we wanted to. Which I doubt we do.

Either Jones or Grant. Jones... developing. Had a stinker of a year. Grant... eating Mcdonalds in order to not get pushed out by Sam Dunell in a marking contest (Y) Jones has a couple of years to prove himself, Grant probably one. Dire scenes.

Grant is the bloke I was thinking of. He looks like a taller version of Bob Murphy. And Jones was alright last year IIRC. Took quite a few contested marks. So you guys have all but given up on those two and are looking for a tall forward come trade/draft period.

Grant is the bloke I was thinking of. He looks like a taller version of Bob Murphy. And Jones was alright last year IIRC. Took quite a few contested marks. So you guys have all but given up on those two and are looking for a tall forward come trade/draft period.
no ones given up on Jones. Lots of quiet confidence for him. 5th in contested marks last year as a 20 year old. I just don't think him on his own is our saviour. Grant, i wouldn't be surprised if we traded him but even if we don't i don't think he'll be the centrepiece of our forward line.
I'd rather we draft the next big thing with our strong position in this years draft that be active in trade period. To be honest, although i rate Stanley, i'd rather we stayed away from players of his type. He'd be like another Jones. We need to recruit a jet through the draft or mini draft. A forward line of Stanley and Jones will be laughed at by Cameron and Patton and Daniher and Hurley/Ryder/Crameri in a few years. We need a jet. Same with you guys

no ones given up on Jones. Lots of quiet confidence for him. 5th in contested marks last year as a 20 year old. I just don't think him on his own is our saviour. Grant, i wouldn't be surprised if we traded him but even if we don't i don't think he'll be the centrepiece of our forward line.
I'd rather we draft the next big thing with our strong position in this years draft that be active in trade period. To be honest, although i rate Stanley, i'd rather we stayed away from players of his type. He'd be like another Jones. We need to recruit a jet through the draft or mini draft. A forward line of Stanley and Jones will be laughed at by Cameron and Patton and Daniher and Hurley/Ryder/Crameri in a few years. We need a jet. Same with you guys

Jesse Hogan fits the bill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult could play the role if we do go for him. Will likely be a pretty hard deal to pull off, unless of course the Cloke deal goes through. Perhaps something like we give pick 6 to Carlton get pick 11 and Casboult, Carlton get Cloke and Magpies get pick 6. Although, naturally I'd prefer not to give up 6, 11 will probably have some decent players around still. The more I look at that mooted deal the more I hate it.

More likely+better for us pick 27 to carlton we get Casboult.

Even better, Casboult doesn't sign new contract we sign Casboult in rookie/pre-season draft.

Just realised I said Casboult to the dogs and pick 11 for pick 6.
If the club was to do that I'd be very angry, a terrible proposed trade. Please, I'm not so silly as to actually believe in that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back