Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughy has a Hawks tattoo post 08, and would be a massive stretch to see him go.
I actually think he's underrated due to being in Buddy's shadow - does everything, seems a fantastic teammate.

Wouldn't be surprised to nab a state-league prospect, given we were 1 and 1 last year for forward mature agers (Dickson's a win, Redpath will be lucky to stay on the list).
He is massively underrated.

Mitch Brown - Geelong
Scott Gumbleton - Eseendon
Shaun McKernan - Adelaide
John Butcher - Port Adelaide
Tommy Walsh - Sydney
Setanta O'Hailpin - GWS
Aaron Edwards - Kangaroos
Brendan Fevola - Yarrawonga

I would go for Mitch Brown and Scott Gumbleton to play alongside Tory Dickson and Adam Cooney (doubt he will play midfield).

Mitch Brown - Geelong
Tommy Walsh - Sydney
Setanta O'Hailpin - GWS
No to the last three, age issues.

Can only see Walsh being offered and then I don't think he's a significant upgrade to anything we have on the list.

Would Geelond even think about trading Brown out? I thought he was highly rated as a developing type down at the cattery.

Anyone heard of this Giannini kid playing for st kevins?
He's only 180 but has a huge frame (95kg) and an engine to go with it, and can go forward or back.
Thoughts of a reliable small full forward, in the mould of a small Travis cloke?
Hi Daniel....

No to the last three, age issues.

Can only see Walsh being offered and then I don't think he's a significant upgrade to anything we have on the list.

Would Geelond even think about trading Brown out? I thought he was highly rated as a developing type down at the cattery.
Why would Walsh move? He was just traded to Sydney last year.

Luke McGuane has been handy as a forward. Second Rounder?

McGuane has definitely be playing better, but that'd be robbery. Third rounder or upgrade of second round picks I'd say would be fair. Unless there's someone from the Dogs that you might like, but I can't think of many they'd give up that you would.

I have definitely been impressed with him but he was a total spud, basically a delisting candidate before he was moved forward. Second rounder is too much at this point.

Why would Walsh move? He was just traded to Sydney last year.

This is the exact same question I ask about people suggesting Lisle. Dogs could have gone after him last year. We signed him on a fairly lengthy contract.

McGuane has definitely be playing better, but that'd be robbery. Third rounder or upgrade of second round picks I'd say would be fair. Unless there's someone from the Dogs that you might like, but I can't think of many they'd give up that you would.

I have definitely been impressed with him but he was a total spud, basically a delisting candidate before he was moved forward. Second rounder is too much at this point.

Maybe a straight swap?

J. Grant for McGuane.
Or McGuane and our 2nd rounder, for Grant and their 2nd.

I know we are interested in securing him. If not, I'd be interested in chasing Addison, Mulligan, Sherman and Vezspremi. Not sure what would be required for them.

Tigers get a medium sized forward (something we lack.) Dogs get a gutsy forward who can take a mark.

Maybe a straight swap?

J. Grant for McGuane.
Or McGuane and our 4th rounder, for Grant.

I know we are interested in securing him. If not, I'd be interested in chasing Addison, Mulligan, Sherman and Vezspremi. Not sure what would be required for them.

Tigers get a medium sized forward (something we lack.) Dogs get a gutsy forward who can take a mark.

Could work, really. Similar ages and Grant has been terrible since 2010 (but he was good against the Cats, I thought). The only thing is that he might just be another 'sort of there' forward for the Dogs which isn't the type they need, they really need a focal point. McGuane is a big boy but more of a foil for JR.

But still, McGuane has kicked 2 more goals in 4 less games than Grant this year and does seem a bit of a changed player. If the Dogs don't want Grant he could be good depth up forward.

I'd still think they'd want a proper key forward even if they did do that. Cornelius and McGuane etc are all well and good on output (Cornelius probably more upside) but not really the type they desperately need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could work, really. Similar ages and Grant has been terrible since 2010 (but he was good against the Cats, I thought). The only thing is that he might just be another 'sort of there' forward for the Dogs which isn't the type they need, they really need a focal point. McGuane is a big boy but more of a foil for JR.

But still, McGuane has kicked 2 more goals in 4 less games than Grant this year and does seem a bit of a changed player. If the Dogs don't want Grant he could be good depth up forward.

I'd still think they'd want a proper key forward even if they did do that. Cornelius and McGuane etc are all well and good on output (Cornelius probably more upside) but not really the type they desperately need.

That's true, but looking at it, the JR and McGuane set up reminds me a lot of the Richo and Schulz combo. I think McGuane might make a handy focal point, as he doesn't seem, like Schulz, to be able to stop himself at jumping at balls not intended for him. I reckon he could be a 40 goal a year forward if he was a main focal target. Has the tools to become a focal point. Reasonably quick, strong in the body, great overhead mark.

That's true, but looking at it, the JR and McGuane set up reminds me a lot of the Richo and Schulz combo. I think McGuane might make a handy focal point, as he doesn't seem, like Schulz, to be able to stop himself at jumping at balls not intended for him. I reckon he could be a 40 goal a year forward if he was a main focal target. Has the tools to become a focal point. Reasonably quick, strong in the body, great overhead mark.

He certainly has the build and marking ability for it. I guess the question is if the Doggies would take a punt on 8 solid games up forward.

He certainly has the build and marking ability for it. I guess the question is if the Doggies would take a punt on 8 solid games up forward.

They really can't lose. Even if he plays ordinary, he could still kick 25+ for a season, and if in trouble, play as a defender. A 3rd rounder wouldn't really be much compared to teh potential gain.

They really can't lose. Even if he plays ordinary, he could still kick 25+ for a season, and if in trouble, play as a defender. A 3rd rounder wouldn't really be much compared to teh potential gain.

That's true. If there's nobody they want in the draft around that region it wouldn't be a bad move at all.

I saw you mentioned Sherman above. Reckon the Doggies would give him up for stuff all at the moment. Was decent last year but his last 5-6 games have been woeful. I feel like I've been using this term too much recently, but he's a luxury player. You guys could benefit but he wouldn't add much to the Dogs currently. When they start firing again he might be too old. I'd be interested in hearing Dogs fans thoughts on him.

That's true. If there's nobody they want in the draft around that region it wouldn't be a bad move at all.

I saw you mentioned Sherman above. Reckon the Doggies would give him up for stuff all at the moment. Was decent last year but his last 5-6 games have been woeful. I feel like I've been using this term too much recently, but he's a luxury player. You guys could benefit but he wouldn't add much to the Dogs currently. When they start firing again he might be too old. I'd be interested in hearing Dogs fans thoughts on him.

I agree. Sherman would be a perfect fit for us. We need midfield depth, and add him to Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Tuck, Martin, Conca, Ellis that's a pretty scary looking midfield.

I agree. Sherman would be a perfect fit for us. We need midfield depth, and add him to Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Tuck, Martin, Conca, Ellis that's a pretty scary looking midfield.
Sherman's delist material at the moment, im sure you wouldn't have to give up much, if anything.

Does anyone care what you think ?
All you do is troll ?

Like I said most of those guys are proven goal kickers at AFL level, and some of them could be cheap to get some not.
Only Kennedy, Darling and McInnes would be untradeable the rest depending on offers.

Mark LeCras tradeable ??

Interesting. I remember Matt Richardson flying for just about everything even when other forwards were in a better position. Port's forwards don't have this problem with Schulz

Mitch Brown - Geelong
Tommy Walsh - Sydney
Setanta O'Hailpin - GWS

I would go for Mitch Brown and Scott Gumbleton to play alongside Tory Dickson and Adam Cooney (doubt he will play midfield).
Good list but can't see some of them being released without the Dogs unless they are willing to trade some of their up and comers or early draft picks.

Brown - not going anywhere
Gumbleton - no chance
McKernan - depends on what Tippett does
Butcher - Port won't trade
Walsh - Trade potential
Setanta - Trade potential
Edwards - Trade potential
Fev - you could get him as a mature age rookie.

I know Bmac says we will grow our own blah blah blah but we just won't have a choice. Our forward line is a shambles and most dogs supporters are sick of it.This is in no way a dig at the club, but it needs to change. We desperately lack a forward who commands the ball, let alone one who knows where to lead. Who do you have that could fill this void? I was thinking someone like Aaron Edwards from north could be an option. Throw some names around. No one could be worse than the current lot.

Scott Gummbleton for your 2nd round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back