Game Day Dogs on a Mission V Hawks Elimination Final MCG 7.40pm 6/9/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like many I was worried that the game was passing Jack Macrae by earlier in the year, but reckon he's been super solid of late.

His finals record is outstanding (2021 Gary Ayres medallist) and just stands up when the game is hot

Really hope he is a starter onfield.
I reckon he'll get a bit of a defensive fwd role on Amon. Glad he's back in the side.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like I have to preface this before I ever criticise him. Think Gallagher has a lot of potential, think he shows a lot of promise as the half forward/rotation midfielder that we've been struggling to find this season. Great pace and has decent goal sense. Also have been impressed by his two games since coming back into the team, especially against GWS.

Really worry about him tonight. Do not trust him to hit a target within 35 metres at the best of times but with 90k+ at the G its going to be tough. Hopefully if he gets it, he just kicks it long. He'd be my choice as sub from the 23 but I presume it'll be Harmes (which I think is the worst of the options, would go Daniel ahead of him as the sub as well)
Agreed on Gallagher, he wouldn't be in the team for me.

Don't think the sub will be Harmes, likely Daniel or Macrae who had been getting reps in the role back end of the season. Could be wrong though.

English vs Meek ruck battle will play a big part in the result tonight IMO.

If Meek gets to dictate his hit outs will make it hard for our midfielders and Hawks will generate run.

I also think we need deep entries when we go in to our F50 so Hawks running the ball out needs to start deep inside our 50 if we do not mark the ball.

Kick straight also will help.

Get off to a good start will help drain Hawks energy.
To be honest this is the pivotal duel for me. It can determine the shape of the game. Meek has had a great season and is the exact type of opponent that worries English (big- bodied, takes space to protect the ball drop).

English will need a big all-round game to take the points here.

To be honest this is the pivotal duel for me. It can determine the shape of the game. Meek has had a great season and is the exact type of opponent that worries English (big- bodied, takes space to protect the ball drop).

Meek uses his body to create space for the mids

Just praying that English puts his big boy pants on and leaves Timid Tim at home

Last edited:
Just praying that English puts his big boy pants on and leaves timid at home
this is my biggest concern.
the two main ways we get beaten are when little Timmy makes an appearance, and/or we are inaccurate.
im hopeful but its hard to see us getting through 4 tough finals without either of those things happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got word down here at the Royal that Gardner is a late in for Jones due to the rain and the necessity to spoil the ball rather than attempt to mark it. Brian Royal will be sub - old Chocco!
At least we still have a 200th to celebrate.

Poor Chocco finished up on 199 games and 299 goal

Heading in from Western Vic. Been intermittent rain here, just getting heavier, but moving south easterly, could bypass Melbourne to the south.

Regardless, it's Woof, woof, WOOF time.

Go Dogs!

For everyone going, let's make some noise to support the boys (and girls in the early game).

For everyone at home, o/s, remote, etc - yell loud anyway!

Come on Dogs!!! 🔴⚪🔵

If Bevo starts with Rohan Smith on Matthew Robran... 🤪

Just got word down here at the Royal that Gardner is a late in for Jones due to the rain and the necessity to spoil the ball rather than attempt to mark it. Brian Royal will be sub - old Chocco!
Sounds like you might be a few pints in there BD. Pace yourself brother, gonna be a big night.

We shall prevail. I can feel it in the jalepenos on the pizza I'm about to order.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just get the feeling Bevo is going to have us firing on 8 cylinders from the get go. If we can put doubt in their minds about their quick movement and risk taking we are half way home. The best way to do this is to bring the heat early. We cannot really shop early as Charlie would have done but relentless attack and pressure will do the job. Libba will love the heat early.

Just get the feeling Bevo is going to have us firing on 8 cylinders from the get go. If we can put doubt in their minds about their quick movement and risk taking we are half way home. The best way to do this is to bring the heat early. We cannot really shop early as Charlie would have done but relentless attack and pressure will do the job. Libba will love the heat early.
I don’t know, could Vandermeer shop early?

I don't think it will end up too wet tonight. It will rain before the game and early on to set up for a intense early contest but it will dry out as the game wears on and opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back