Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Who is stiff not to make the list?

• Jake Pitman

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Declan Watson

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Ben Long

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Jamie Hampton

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Callum Brown

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Jarrod Korehwa

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Mitch McCarthy

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Kim LeBois

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Quinton Narkle

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Logue is miles ahead of both of them though.

It literally makes no sense trading up to pick 9 to pick a bloke who would have been there at 14, probably 17.

Scrimshaw, SPS or any mid or mid/fwd with genuine speed.

Reckon Sydney might go early on Bolton. Slots into that Jetta hole they are yet to fill and improve their 22 straight away, unlike another mid whose unlikely to get game time in the guts in front of Kennedy/Parker/Hannebery.

Maybe. Again though why wouldn't we have kept 14&17 though. Doubt Bolton is going earlier than that. I do really like Bolton as a player.

Maybe. Again though why wouldn't we have kept 14&17 though. Doubt Bolton is going earlier than that. I do really like Bolton as a player.

To make sure, if your recruiters think he's a piece of your puzzle this year why take the chance when it could be the last year before GWS become close to unstoppable.

It literally makes no sense trading up to pick 9 to pick a bloke who would have been there at 14, probably 17.

Scrimshaw, SPS or any mid or mid/fwd with genuine speed.
Yep spot on I think Scrimshaw would be a perfect fit for your guys. If you can't get him then Florent seems the best fit for outside run and his ability to play on either flank or even a wing makes him a great fit. If GC catches wind that you want English they probly take him earlier and let Taranto slide.

Do you think with the SOS connection and Carlton effectively becoming GWS feeder club, that they would bid on Setterfield at 5?
I think it might be a side deal of them getting players on the cheap.
Similar to my tin foil hat thinking of Essendon getting Stewart at 77 in exchange for us not taking McGrath at 1

Do you think with the SOS connection and Carlton effectively becoming GWS feeder club, that they would bid on Setterfield at 5?
I think it might be a side deal of them getting players on the cheap.
Similar to my tin foil hat thinking of Essendon getting Stewart at 77 in exchange for us not taking McGrath at 1
They might do that but he could get bid before then anyway either way he should be bid rather early.

You'd only do a deal on Stewart if you were going to take McCluggage anyway but we're pretending to be still deciding. He's not really the quality of player to affect your thinking with the top pick, especially when you have the PSD option anyway.

You'd only do a deal on Stewart if you were going to take McCluggage anyway but we're pretending to be still deciding. He's not really the quality of player to affect your thinking with the top pick, especially when you have the PSD option anyway.
Yeah agreed, I was hoping Dodo would have swapped 1 for 2 and maybe move our pick 20 down to whatever pick GWS still have in the teens if GWS are that keen on Mcgrath.
Was actually hoping a deal could be struck when they had pick 3, but then they traded with Brisbane is a deal that was a good win for the Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im warming to the idea Taranto will go pick 5 - he hasnt got the reputation of Brodie but has star quality written all over him. Also we do well when Italians and Greeks are on the Carlton list.

Great effort, nice work dps.
For the Dons last pick, if you had to pick a player who might at least pinch hit in the ruck (so I guess a ruck, or ruck/fwd), who might that be?

Top work.
As an Ess supporter I'd be very happy with McCluggage, Battle and Clarke.
It'll be interesting to see where Marshall ends up and how far he slides.
Yep so would I but good chance that Dodoro picks a player hardly rated at all at one of those picks haha don't think he gets passsed Port at the least and if he does then Bombers will swoop.
Great effort, nice work dps.
For the Dons last pick, if you had to pick a player who might at least pinch hit in the ruck (so I guess a ruck, or ruck/fwd), who might that be?
Esava Ratugolea has a lot of upside, Trent McMullen is another who plays similar to Josh Jenkins. There aren't many rucks that can influence forward in this draft. Olango is another who is still very raw but is more a ruck than forward at this stage and will take a lot of time but I can't see anyone in this draft being able to come straight in and play that role you want at Senior level.
If Kerr or Battle are around at Geelong 1st pick one of them will be taken would prefer Battle but Kerr has lot of upside
Don't think Battle would last long past Bombers pick and don't think you guys would hesitate in getting him. Main reason I have Cox for you guys ahead of Kerr is that Cox suits the modern game better and Kerr is far too similar to Hawkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Back