Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Who is stiff not to make the list?

• Jake Pitman

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Declan Watson

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Ben Long

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Jamie Hampton

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Callum Brown

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Jarrod Korehwa

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Mitch McCarthy

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Kim LeBois

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Quinton Narkle

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep so would I but good chance that Dodoro picks a player hardly rated at all at one of those picks haha don't think he gets passsed Port at the least and if he does then Bombers will swoop.

Esava Ratugolea has a lot of upside, Trent McMullen is another who plays similar to Josh Jenkins. There aren't many rucks that can influence forward in this draft. Olango is another who is still very raw but is more a ruck than forward at this stage and will take a lot of time but I can't see anyone in this draft being able to come straight in and play that role you want at Senior level.
Don't think Battle would last long past Bombers pick and don't think you guys would hesitate in getting him. Main reason I have Cox for you guys ahead of Kerr is that Cox suits the modern game better and Kerr is far too similar to Hawkins.

Would prefer Kerr only due to fact that he would play in our Fwd line round 1 given the departures of Kersten Vardy and Clark

Would prefer Kerr only due to fact that he would play in our Fwd line round 1 given the departures of Kersten Vardy and Clark
Cox has been decent against senior bodies in the SANFL this year I feel he could play senior footy just as quickly. Kerr needs to work at getting up the ground more for me to be convinced he will play much senior footy early.

Loving your work for Collingwood. If we could get Sproule, Daicos and Brown all within the second round it would be a dream draft for me. I hadn't actually considered Sproule given he's an academy player, but he fills a major need for us moving forward. Any reason why you think the bid wouldn't be matched at 30?

Loving your work for Collingwood. If we could get Sproule, Daicos and Brown all within the second round it would be a dream draft for me. I hadn't actually considered Sproule given he's an academy player, but he fills a major need for us moving forward. Any reason why you think the bid wouldn't be matched at 30?
They can't take too many players and risk losing points for next years draft. They will get McGrath, Setterfield, Perryman and Macreadie and be happy they managed to get those quality of players. I think Sproule would be a great fit for the pies there is plenty of upside there.

If Kerr or Battle are around at Geelong 1st pick one of them will be taken would prefer Battle but Kerr has lot of upside
Agreed SOG, think Battle will be gone but if we get Kerr or maybe Sproule I would not mind also using one of our later picks on the Figian lad with X factor as another forward prospect.

Think the Suns picking up a Ruckman at 12 (English) is Laughable and also passing on Scheer...We have Nichols,Witts and Dan Currie in our Ruck pack..a 4th? Nah. We will absolutely NOT pick up English and Brad Scheer will be a Sun in 2017.

Think the Suns picking up a Ruckman at 12 (English) is Laughable and also passing on Scheer...We have Nichols,Witts and Dan Currie in our Ruck pack..a 4th? Nah. We will absolutely NOT pick up English and Brad Scheer will be a Sun in 2017.
Witts and Currie are nothing more than depth. If Nichols goes down you guys are more or less screwed in the ruck dept

Do you think a bag on bones like English is ready to help out next year?

Got Brayden Crossley coming through the GC Academy next year who plays like Mumford and is already competing with AFL listed ruckmen as a 16 yo

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2016-05-18/academy-member-earns-rising-star-nomination

Two of the best rucks in the comp being Mumford and Goldstein didn't get going until late in life, Sandilands probably the most dominant ruck an I've ever seen was a rookie listed player. Primus was a similar case got going when he got big and I mean big

You almost need to recruit a tall fella who has some ability make him eat three chickens and 10 steaks with a tin of protein powder every day for three years then let him lose

Witts and Currie are nothing more than depth. If Nichols goes down you guys are more or less screwed in the ruck dept
On form, Witts would have been GC's number 1 ruck this year. His form in the VFL in the second half of the year in particular was phenomenal, averaging 50 hitouts and close to 20 disposals a game. It just happened to be that he was behind Grundy who was the form ruckman of the comp in that period. He'll play round 1 for GC imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

c
Two of the best rucks in the comp being Mumford and Goldstein didn't get going until late in life, Sandilands probably the most dominant ruck an I've ever seen was a rookie listed player. Primus was a similar case got going when he got big and I mean big

You almost need to recruit a tall fella who has some ability make him eat three chickens and 10 steaks with a tin of protein powder every day for three years then let him lose
cox was a bag of bones when he arrived at west coast as well. Heaps of ruckmen are skinny when they arrive at a club.

DPS you have been amazing this season well done, great effort.
Just enjoy it and when you look back in 5 years time you will be happy with some thing and not so much with others.
Anyway well done mate.

Great effort Don, I think it takes courage to put yourself out there.
Whoever the blues get I hope they are what we need.
Cheers mate, I think you guys did very well last year and feel your recruiting is making a good turn around and expect you guys to nail this draft and will be interesting to see where you go with pick 5 with recent links to SPS puting a spanner in the works
So who will become the best player of the draft

Looking at the best players in the comp

Dangerfield, Fyfe , Sloane, Kennedy (swans type)

The number 1 pick is a decoy even the top 10 are
I think Taranto will but I don't think there will be a clear standout in the end, feel it will be very close when we look back on the top end
DPS you have been amazing this season well done, great effort.
Just enjoy it and when you look back in 5 years time you will be happy with some thing and not so much with others.
Anyway well done mate.
Yeah I've had my fair share of good and bad calls, I remember only rating Zerrett in the 40s haha it's also hard to rate the interstate players since I can't watch them but I'm thinking of getting to even more games next year and already have an alright understanding on next years draft

Hey mate,
Great effort with the Phantom. Just wondering when the last few rounds will be released? Understand its time consuming and what not, but just curious to see how you view the last few rounds. Cheers.

Hey mate,
Great effort with the Phantom. Just wondering when the last few rounds will be released? Understand its time consuming and what not, but just curious to see how you view the last few rounds. Cheers.
Cheers mate, I was thinking of adding the later picks a few days before the draft when I would also update the whole thing when the order becomes more settled and I get a better idea of how many picks each club will use. I already have heaps of players on my mind and can see a few going in the first 30 that I haven't included yet. If your wondering about certain players I haven't included yet then ask away!

Cheers mate, I was thinking of adding the later picks a few days before the draft when I would also update the whole thing when the order becomes more settled and I get a better idea of how many picks each club will use. I already have heaps of players on my mind and can see a few going in the first 30 that I haven't included yet. If your wondering about certain players I haven't included yet then ask away!
Sounds good mate, looking forward to it. I'm just curious to see if you have Louis Cunningham from the Oakleigh Chargers and Liam Mackie from SA in your phantom. I know guys close to both of these people so i'm interested to see if you see them being drafted or missing. Cheers

Sounds good mate, looking forward to it. I'm just curious to see if you have Louis Cunningham from the Oakleigh Chargers and Liam Mackie from SA in your phantom. I know guys close to both of these people so i'm interested to see if you see them being drafted or missing. Cheers
At the moment they didn't make the main draft but I liked the look of Cunningham late in the year he has very good skills and takes the game on in the backline. I don't have him in the main draft but wouldn't complain if I was a club taking him from 40 onwards

Thoughts on Luke Ryan?
Similar to Michael Hibberd. Good skills, drives from defence. Goes 45+ for me, maybe early 40's if a side like Geelong identify him as a need.

Bloody hell making player profiles is time consuming with still heaps more i could do, I should have my final update to my Phantom Draft on the 21st. I'll be doing every pick and include profiles of potential rookies. I'll be doing some minor profiles for players in next years draft aswell which will have its own thread on the Phantom board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Phantom Draft don patch sword's 2016 Phantom Draft V2(With Player Profiles)

Back