News Done Deal - Savage +1st round pick for McEvoy - welcome to the Big Boy

Remove this Banner Ad

Big boy!! Boy oh boy wowee. We can expect channel 7 to put in a request for a dozen Hawthorn Saturday night games.

This is a very good deal. I rate McEvoy and he's just entering his prime.

Had a bad year but huge wraps on him previously.

Was talked up as future captain. Of St Kilda.

Ready made starting ruck man for the next 5 years in his prime.

Great get for mine.

Excellent pick up. Pick 17 and Savage. So in real valuation it is a 1st and 2nd Rounder for McEvoy.

Already a No. 1 Ruckman and is a serious upgrade in this area of weakness.

Does this mean Longer is no longer an option or is he coming via the Buddy compensation. If so, we have no Round 1 picks and our 1st choice is something close to 40.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome aboard Ben!!! Also best wishes to Sav - hope he kills it at the Saints.

bt-meme-generator-big-boy-mcevoy-boy-oh-boy-woweeeee-f715da.jpg

Wrapped with this one. If he plays to his ability I'd go far as to say he could be our best ruck since Salmon....

200cm, 103kg. 20 hitouts a game this year and rock solid hands...... Yes please!

Very happy for Savage to get to Sewaford also, he'll be great for them. Not sure where this leaves Longer but if we still do chase we come with the big mac already sealed and delivered.

Also - gotta love how our club goes about their recruitment. No razzle dazzle, no leaks from inside, rock solid and methodical.

Had a bad year but huge wraps on him previously.

Was talked up as future captain. Of St Kilda.

Ready made starting ruck man for the next 5 years in his prime.

Great get for mine.

McEvoy had a very good start to the season and was my AA ruckman up to round 8.

Really dropped off after that though.

Centre-bounce ruckwork - Only average.
Stoppage ruckwork - Good
Stoppages - Decent

Runs like treacle but has very good endurance. One of the best marks in the AFL. Has forward line ability that Bailey did not. Reliable disposal.

When it's all said and done he is quite an upgrade on Max. Very good pick up for mine.

Well done Hawks and the LIons can play hard ball all they want hawks must have said F.... You and looked else where.....I think good pick up and we still have plenty of back up and don't need Longer..

Remove this Banner Ad

News Done Deal - Savage +1st round pick for McEvoy - welcome to the Big Boy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back