Dons may pounce on Jacobs... but they didn't

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be useful if Pears continues his downward spiral.

Whut?

I thought he was more of a damaging, physical, high possession getting mid?
Or am I totally confused?

He was drafted by Port as a player to be developed into a midfielder, and was rotated through there from what I saw - if we draft him it will almost certainly be based on his potential to develop into a decent mid.

Interesting factoid: he was picked up with the pick 16 we originally got from StKilda for Andrew Lovett.

(in a nutshell) it was swapped for pick 24 (Carlisle...i think) + Mark Williams, then Hawthorn gave Port 11 & 16 for Burgoyne.

I think we run deep enough in midfield now. With the addition of Goddard and Kavanagh/Browne coming through, I'd like to see him playing in defence if we get him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we run deep enough in midfield now. With the addition of Goddard and Kavanagh/Browne coming through, I'd like to see him playing in defence if we get him

Even in defence he'll certainly have to work for his spot. He's fighting Heppell, Dempsey, Hardingham and Hibberd to name a few.

Good.

Type of player that could end the pre-season in our best side but still be on our list in 10 years time.

Obviously there is none of the excitement of drafting an unknown quantity but I am sure that the club will get over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dons may pounce on Jacobs... but they didn't

Remove this Banner Ad

Back