Don't be misled: AOD9604 is definitely a performance-enhancing drug

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I've noticed when reading the posts of delusional Essendon fans is the repeated claim that peptide AOD9604 is "not a performance-enhancing drug". I'm not sure where they're getting their info from (the Essendon FC spin doctors??) but it's a blatant falsehood.

Yes, it's an advanced anti-obesity drug. It has abdominal fat-burning capability. But it also replicates the muscle-building effects of human growth hormone

Here's some basic information I found:

Let's stick to the facts and stop spreading lies.

AOD9604 is a small peptide compound modeled on the fat metabolizing region of human growth hormone (hGH). The make-up of AOD9604 represents only a small fragment of human growth hormone (hGH). It is not hGH and it is not a variant of hGH. It consists of less than 8% of the homology of hGH. There exists substantial scientific and medical evidence showing that AOD9604 has none of the safety concerns associated with hGH.

n-vitro, pre-clinical and human clinical testing of AOD9604 provide clear scientific and medical evidence that AOD9604 does not increase Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) levels. Furthermore, there is no evidence that AOD9604 dosing increases the number of muscle or cartilage cells.

http://www.evaluategroup.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Story&id=419857

Evaluate Group posted this article in DIRECT RESPONSE to the misinformation being spread when the story broke.

AOD-9604 IS NOT A PED! Get your facts straight buddy.

this is AOD Jobe

YCTO38f.jpg

Im sorry I do not a comparison but the only reason why I dug up this photo because I saw jobe lift his shirt up about 2 months ago with no definition and almost had a gut so I was curious to see how he looked in 2012.
:rainbow:

http://www.evaluategroup.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Story&id=419857

Evaluate Group posted this article in DIRECT RESPONSE to the misinformation being spread when the story broke.

AOD-9604 IS NOT A PED! Get your facts straight buddy.

It doesnt need to be performance enhancing.

The s0 clause is there to not just catch PED's that havent been identified yet, but its also there to protect athletes against drugs that nobody knows the long term effects of on the human body.

Such as AOD.

And thats why Essendon are screwed.

If you wanted to you could take it as evidence that ASADA didn't quite have their own heads around S0 and may have screwed up. Another explanation is that S0 was not as relevant to the ACC investigation as S2, which deals with specific drugs that are subject to importation controls. Either way it's not the concrete get out of jail card The Jet was suggesting it was.

So what? that's not Essendons fault ASADA stuffed up which was my original arguement. The club went to WADA about it originally, they were told to go to ASADA about it, they did, they were told it was legal, no mention of S2 or S0.

As you can see in the ACC report.

I never said we can solely use that, I said it was 1 of a few options the club can use.

The ACC report was written earlier this year. The report was all about what happened at the club in 2012.

Anything else?

I wonder what the ACC has on your club and its employees?

that can of worms hasn't been opened yet

should be interesting when the cops knock on the door

I wonder what the ACC has on your club and its employees?

that can of worms hasn't been opened yet

should be interesting when the cops knock on the door

Obviously nothing. If they did, people would have been arrested by now. The ACC report came out way earlier this year. No one got arrested from the report.

Next question?

The first thing they would have found was a website selling it with big red writing saying FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. That would at least alerted them to the fact that something may not be kosher with it. They could then call ASADA and say "I'm looking at taking this substance but I notice it is being sold for research purposes only - can I still take it?"
They're told to consult ASADA not google

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I've noticed when reading the posts of delusional Essendon fans is the repeated claim that peptide AOD9604 is "not a performance-enhancing drug". I'm not sure where they're getting their info from (the Essendon FC spin doctors??) but it's a blatant falsehood.

Yes, it's an advanced anti-obesity drug. It has abdominal fat-burning capability. But it also replicates the muscle-building effects of human growth hormone

Here's some basic information I found:

Let's stick to the facts and stop spreading lies.

Seems like you are 'on the money'. :thumbsu:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/06/27/how-can-the-afl-allow-jobe-watson-to-play-tonight/

“It is each athlete’s personal duty to ensure that no prohibited substance enters his or her body. Athletes are responsible for any prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers found to be present in their samples. Accordingly, it is not necessary that intent, fault, negligence or knowing use on the athlete’s part be demonstrated in order to establish an anti-doping violation …”

So, Essendon asked WADA/ASADA about AOD-9604 and got the all clear? Documented evidence should easily prove that occurred.

Still, is it a get out of jail free card? I don't think so.

Funny how Essendon seem to grow an extra leg in every last quarter.

Cheats.

So AOD improves aerobic capacity now? Is there anything this wonder drug doesn't do? I wonder what Port Adelaide (10 of 12 last quarters won) are on; maybe Gus can help us out for old times' sake.

On AOD9604, and its anabolic potential, Ive been having a twitter chat to a professor in Endochrinology who has performed research on AOD.

mxett:
I recall you have concluded aod9604 is not a performance enh drug. Is that in both oral and IV forms at any dosage?

Gary Wittert@ProfDocHealth:
no evidence to support a beneficial effect from animal studies or my studies in muscle

mxett:
thanks! Can you predict on AODs known properties whether it could enhance muscle if given in large regular dose?

I would VERY much doubt it. Whole basis of its design is not to. I have seen evidence it does not. Never seen evidence it does.

Pretty conclusive folks

On AOD9604, and its anabolic potential, Ive been having a twitter chat to a professor in Endochrinology who has performed research on AOD.

mxett:
I recall you have concluded aod9604 is not a performance enh drug. Is that in both oral and IV forms at any dosage?

no evidence to support a beneficial effect from animal studies or my studies in muscle

mxett:
thanks! Can you predict on AODs known properties whether it could enhance muscle if given in large regular dose?

I would VERY much doubt it. Whole basis of its design is not to. I have seen evidence it does not. Never seen evidence it does.

Pretty conclusive folks
No absolute guarantee in the answer he gave you, it's hardly definitive and the over arching question is still remains unanswered.

Why the hell was Essendon using this stuff?

No absolute guarantee in the answer he gave you, it's hardly definitive and the over arching question is still remains unanswered.

It helped improve their photography skills. :p

Who knows what the specific idea behind it was. Improve the players sure, but that is the purpose of any supplements or even fitness program, even perfectly legal ones.

people seem to forget to ask the question as well.what were they mixing it with?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be misled: AOD9604 is definitely a performance-enhancing drug

Remove this Banner Ad

Back