Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aren't you recovering from a hip surgery Maggie.
You sure standing for 3 hours is the best thing to do.
Yes but have been doing a fair bit of walking (yuck) and physio . Docs are pretty happy with my recovery, thanks for asking.:)

If I get too tired car park is not far, I am really looking forward to it.

Yes but have been doing a fair bit of walking (yuck) and physio . Docs are pretty happy with my recovery, thanks for asking.:)

If I get too tired car park is not far, I am really looking forward to it.
Nice to hear.
Obviously you are not getting your rehab done by the Collingwood medical staff, otherwise you would still be 1-2 weeks away from attending the matches.

Nice to hear.
Obviously you are not getting your rehab done by the Collingwood medical staff, otherwise you would still be 1-2 weeks away from attending the matches.

Maybe our players should get on the darts like Maggie! ;)

Are you getting any work done today?:p

Nope.....I am so over work at the moment.

I need to make a decision.......we can discuss over a ciggie on Saturday :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you don't go to Collingwood games?

Who is playing Saturday night?
Mooroopna vs Kyabram.
First ever game under lights at the cattery.
I’ve been involved with Mooroopna for decades. My boss is even a major sponsor, and was the gun chf in the Premiership years. My father was General manager, my bil was president, my mother is a life member.
I’ve seen how clubs work from the inside, that’s why I’m confident I’m always right,
Unlike those who just rock up at the AFL, some not even club members but AFL members, who really have nfi about the workings of a club, but believe they do.
I do go to Collingwood games when I can. I, thankfully, no longer need to sit in the outer. And I can assure you the view gives a much better view of the game plan, or lack of one.

Mooroopna vs Kyabram.
I’ve been involved with Mooroopna for decades. My boss is even a major sponsor, and was the gun chf in the Premiership years. My father was General manager, my bil was president, my mother is a life member.
Good for you.

Mooroopna vs Kyabram.
Unlike those who just rock up at the AFL, some not even club members but AFL members,
As I said you really don't have any idea!

Maybe when you have been a Club, then AFL member for as long as I have we can have a decent chat.

Good for you.

As I said you really don't have any idea!

Maybe when you have been a Club, then AFL member for as long as I have we can have a decent chat.
Wowser.
Hope those Collingwood followers in other countries know how much you HATE them.
Appears anyone who can’t make games week to week don’t rate in your book.
I’m no longer a Collingwood member, after a quarter decade, because of the decision to keep drug cheats on the roster. Well known.
It’s called morals. Maybe you need to get a set.

Last edited:
Mooroopna vs Kyabram.
I’ve seen how clubs work from the inside, that’s why I’m confident I’m always right,
Unlike those who just rock up at the AFL, some not even club members but AFL members, who really have nfi about the workings of a club, but believe they do.
I do go to Collingwood games when I can. I, thankfully, no longer need to sit in the outer. And I can assure you the view gives a much better view of the game plan, or lack of one.

I think it’s great you give back to grass roots footy.

My wife is the team manager coordinator at our local Club.

I know how hard it it for local Clubs.

Just a question BW where did you sit at the G against GWS?

The Comm games opening ceremony has been garbage so far.
Agreed.
On SBS reliving 9/11.
Such an event.
I don’t know how those 911 operators slept after advising people to “stay in your office. Do not evacuate”.
And to see human beings fall 100 plus floors instead of face the flames, heartbreaking.
I remember the day vividly. It was well after 10 pm and I flicked to ch10 from a Star Trek show, to see the news playing.
The desk person (think it was Sully but not sure) reported that an aircraft had hit the World Trade Centr.
I naturally thought, must be a cloudy day, as this had happened decades earlier when an aircraft hit the Empire State Building.
Ch10 then switched to a live US feed. Two coms with a live feed behind the. Building on fire, smoke, Absolutely not a cloud in the sky!
Well....that’s not right.
Broadcast continues. I’m focused on the vision behind the Comms. I’ve got a 68cm TV, biggest available in the day.
So...suddenly I see a shape, an aircraft shape, then wow, contact, flames, debris....wtf?
Comms continue.....I’m screaming at the screen, a planes hit the building.
Comms take time, but they react.
I’m in a daze. Is this a late night movie? What the hell is hhapoening?
So I stay glued to the broadcast.
I see one building collapse. The Mrs comes our and asks why I’m still up at 2 pm. I say “this is about to be WW3”.
She doesn’t understand. I play here the video of the hits and the collapses.
I go to work not hsv8ng slept.
The world has changed.

I think it’s great you give back to grass roots footy.

My wife is the team manager coordinator at our local Club.

I know how hard it it for local Clubs.

Just a question BW where did you sit at the G against GWS?
Wow.
Wonderful first few lines, but then...
I sat in my very comfortable electric recliner watching Foxtel for GWS.
Same place I’ll watch the Carlton game. Oh, and I only got Foxtel for the F1’s, as I wouldn’t pay to see the shite Bux teams put up for pay per view.
With fantastic Irish Whiskry on ice. (No watered down overpriced low strength beer for me)
I had a better view than you of Broomheads break.
I’m 250kms from the G. So don’t get to it often.
But I have sat with the cheer squad once. And I thank them for the experience.
I’m no longer a member after 25 years because my morals dictate that I cannot support drug cheats.
All this is known and I’m loud and proud about it.
I’ll tar you with the same brush I used before.
Are all those interstate, regional and overseas Collingwood supporters not real supporters in your mind because they don’t get to the G each week?
So much for side by side.
No wonder we struggle ....... re!

Agreed.
On SBS reliving 9/11.
Such an event.
I don’t know how those 911 operators slept after advising people to “stay in your office. Do not evacuate”.
And to see human beings fall 100 plus floors instead of face the flames, heartbreaking.
I remember the day vividly. It was well after 10 pm and I flicked to ch10 from a Star Trek show, to see the news playing.
The desk person (think it was Sully but not sure) reported that an aircraft had hit the World Trade Centr.
I naturally thought, must be a cloudy day, as this had happened decades earlier when an aircraft hit the Empire State Building.
Ch10 then switched to a live US feed. Two coms with a live feed behind the. Building on fire, smoke, Absolutely not a cloud in the sky!
Well....that’s not right.
Broadcast continues. I’m focused on the vision behind the Comms. I’ve got a 68cm TV, biggest available in the day.
So...suddenly I see a shape, an aircraft shape, then wow, contact, flames, debris....wtf?
Comms continue.....I’m screaming at the screen, a planes hit the building.
Comms take time, but they react.
I’m in a daze. Is this a late night movie? What the hell is hhapoening?
So I stay glued to the broadcast.
I see one building collapse. The Mrs comes our and asks why I’m still up at 2 pm. I say “this is about to be WW3”.
She doesn’t understand. I play here the video of the hits and the collapses.
I go to work not hsv8ng slept.
The world has changed.
I did EXACTLY the same... Yep, was Sandra Sully, and you described exactly what i saw.
It's like you were reporting on where i was and what i did on that day...
:thumbsu:

Wow.
Wonderful first few lines, but then...
I sat in my very comfortable electric recliner watching Foxtel for GWS.
With fantastic Irish Whiskry on ice. (No watered down overpriced low strength beer for me)
I had a better view than you of Broomheads break.
I’m 250kms from the G. So don’t get to it often.
But I have sat with the cheer squad once.
I’m no longer a member after 25 years because my morals dictate that I cannot support drug cheats.
All this is known and I’m loud and proud about it.
I’ll tar you with the same brush I used before.
Are all those interstate, regional and overseas Collingwood supporters not real supporters in your mind because they don’t get to the G each week?
So much for side by side.
No wonder we struggle p.

B_W not sure why you have taken offence to my post.

I also respect your stance on the drug cheats even if we are in the minority.

By the way I would never have a go at any of our supporters that can’t make it to the game. No one is more important than the other.

I have an issue with you blaming Tim for his injury from your electric recliner with Irish Whiskey in hand.

I called what I saw from my vantage point at the game.....I knew he broke his leg before you saw it on the replay.

By the way blaming a Collingwood player for a potentially career ending injury is not cool.....side by side and all that shit.

Just reading some of your posts lately It seems like you have been all over the place.....

I hope you’re ok.

Side By Side

Cheers CFC2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back