List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can hardly throw a hissy fit about recruiting "missing links" as you call them when they have a BnF and a runner up BnF between them.

They are the last players we should be complaining about here.

I have no issues with our list management/recruiting. None whatsoever.

I'll remain consistent and continue to question how we've failed to get the best out of a quality playing list.

My problem isn't with recruiting the "missing links' its now about pushing our best footballer (outside of Robbie Gray) out and expecting to get better, a decision that makes those recruitments redundant as it looks as like we are giving up on our immediate future, which means the players we could have got for the pick we used on Ryder more valuable, because we got Ryder over to be a part of the premiership puzzle not a stop gap ruckman to make us competitive.

someone will jump before 21 imo.

See I don’t think they will. Have a look at how guys like Macca and Mish rate him - he could easily be a bust, and clubs don’t use first round picks on players who they don’t believe will get them 200 games in a draft as good as this one.

21 is right around his mark.

See I don’t think they will. Have a look at how guys like Macca and Mish rate him - he could easily be a bust, and clubs don’t use first round picks on players who they don’t believe will get them 200 games in a draft as good as this one.

Maybe. He might be the kind of risk a finals team with a late pick might want to take. Like Richmond for example.

Once you get past those 8-10 names the 10-20 zone of this draft I have zero idea and I don’t think any draftwatchers really have any idea what kind of order will be taken there either.

there will be a club that can afford the risk imo

GWS, GCS, Richmond, hell i could even see Carlton doing it if it's their 3rd selection within 21

but that's why there is always surprises on draft day
everyone has different power rankings

Can hardly throw a hissy fit about recruiting "missing links" as you call them when they have a BnF and a runner up BnF between them.

I'll remain consistent and continue to question how we've failed to get the best out of a quality playing list.
That last sentence is 100% on the money.
Our development and usage of players has failed miserably and we are wasting a lot of talent.
Fix it Port! I guess a lot of posters on BF realised it well before I did as I was in the ‘don’t blame Ken’ corner before this year.
It’s like we have a lot of the ingredients but for the life of us can’t combine them in a proper recipe.
The cake comes out flat.
You can’t make beef stew with salad vegetables and vice versa.

With RCD i can see him going as high as 12 to Sydney. Even potentially 8 with Essendon. Adelaide at 15, Gold Coast at 17 would be a chance too.

Then a bunch of teams in the 20s. He might be a slider too.

Guys, is trade radio on as i cannot find any link to it???

If you're missing the dulcet tones of Terry Wallace, might I suggest this video instead. Start at 2 minutes.

Indeed, it isn't the players we have brought in that have been the issue. In fact, we may be in a lot more trouble if we HADN'T traded them in.

If you're missing the dulcet tones of Terry Wallace, might I suggest this video instead. Start at 2 minutes.

Far more interesting than Trade Radio. I actually learnt something.

Having said that, I will listen to 6 hours of that shit everyday for a month. I'm thinking I might book myself into a drug rehabilitation facility this October. I don't have a drug problem yet but I'm sure to have one by November and prevention is better than cure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. The only real **** up we’ve made since Primus is this year’s disaster with the lack of a back up ruckman.

Ryder was the bloody All Australian ruckman in his first full season as number one ruck, how can we say recruiting him was a bad move...

Just to keep trades for picks in perspective - looked back over a few drafts - for Picks 1-10 there is about a 70% success rate that they'll be Decent players. Picks 11-20 is about 50%. There aren't that many stars on average - 2 in the first 10 and 1 in 11-20.

Just to keep trades for picks in perspective - looked back over a few drafts - for Picks 1-10 there is about a 70% success rate that they'll be Decent players. Picks 11-20 is about 50%. There aren't that many stars on average - 2 in the first 10 and 1 in 11-20.

You’re being extremely generous with what you’re calling decent and stars.

Amon requested trade to a Vic club - Whats he worth?

The confused sadomasochist in me wants to see him on the opposite wing to Impey at Hawthorn. Because I’m not sure who needs to be punished or why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft 2018: Lions 1st (5), Power 1st (10), Hawks 1st (15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back