Draft camp 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Lees got 15.6 in the beep test in year 9, Sandy managed to **** him around for 4 years and as a result his chances are gone. What a joke.

I'd expect a number of players to be getting over 16, so I doubt they'd really be that impressed with a guy getting over 15.

Sam Lees got 15.6 in the beep test in year 9, Sandy managed to **** him around for 4 years and as a result his chances are gone. What a joke.

I'd expect a number of players to be getting over 16, so I doubt they'd really be that impressed with a guy getting over 15.

Do you mean you expect a few guys over 16 at DC? I wouldn't count on it, the record is 15.8 and last year Morton won it with a 15.2

We all know Naitanui can jump so that result doesn't really bother me. Still an outstanding result. I was always more interested in his 20m time. To run 2.86 at 198cm is incredible. Just an amazing all-round athlete.

Yes amazing but not unheard of - as reported on the AFLQ website a while ago Kurt Tippett had been ill at the draft camp and could not complete testing - he later did some extra testing in Brisbane and young brother Joel went along

As published on the site Joel did these - 20 metre sprint 2.86 secs.........standing vertical jump 78cm........running vertical jump 95cm

Joel is a rookie with the Lions now - his height is said to be 198cm so he stacks up pretty well with Nicnat

Do you mean you expect a few guys over 16 at DC? I wouldn't count on it, the record is 15.8 and last year Morton won it with a 15.2

Wow, really? I was sure David Spriggs got at least 16 when he went through, but I may be wrong and it might have just been in club testing. I really thought there would be quite a few over 16, but there you go.

We all know Naitanui can jump so that result doesn't really bother me. Still an outstanding result. I was always more interested in his 20m time. To run 2.86 at 198cm is incredible. Just an amazing all-round athlete.

Mind you Brad Moran (199cm) was recorded at 2.78 at the Qld state screening in 2004 and he is still a work in progress, quite a few years later.

Wow, really? I was sure David Spriggs got at least 16 when he went through, but I may be wrong and it might have just been in club testing. I really thought there would be quite a few over 16, but there you go.

Spriggs & J. McVeigh shared the record @ 15.06, until it was broken by Tom Rischbieth (15.08) in 2005.

Mind you Brad Moran (199cm) was recorded at 2.78 at the Qld state screening in 2004 and he is still a work in progress, quite a few years later.

Very happy getting him.

But as you said, very much a work in progress and learning the game.

Sometimes is doing the right thing and will almost stop to receive confirmation that he isn't ****ing up.

He'll be a wing though.

Yeah, but remember they're only 17-18 y.o. kids.

People have broken 16 at their clubs i believe. The best official time that i know is Simon Black with a 15.11, but apparently Dalziel broke that this year. I've heard that Crawford did something like 16.7 and there was talk of Romero doing a 17+ in his time at the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have to take all Beep Test results with a pound of salt. Frankly I'd take more from the 3km time. I've done 11.45 at 3km , I think anyone under 11 minutes is doing exceptionally well.
As for the 16.1 Beep Test.. given Rischbieth couldn't do that and he does 3km in the 9.30s I think you'd have to be a bloody decent athlete to do 16.1.

people in year 12 comps in the PSA have got like 8 mins 54 secs for 3km thats amazing, but i think that if you get under 10 mins you have done exceptionally well and 10.30 or less would be a solid time whilst you wouldnt want to get any higher than 11.30 for a 3km. Although cooney couldnt beat streety in the long runs and he went number 1. 3km isnt looked at as much as the vertical leap and sprints by the recruiters as it is easier to increase fitness and endurance through pre seasons.

Are the results for the beep test out yet?

For all those arguing over the beep test..there are a couple versions..some are harder than others IIRC. Anyway the beep test isnt the best test for endurance IMO, it just basically tests how quickly you can sprint when tired.

I think we have to take all Beep Test results with a pound of salt. Frankly I'd take more from the 3km time. I've done 11.45 at 3km , I think anyone under 11 minutes is doing exceptionally well.
As for the 16.1 Beep Test.. given Rischbieth couldn't do that and he does 3km in the 9.30s I think you'd have to be a bloody decent athlete to do 16.1.
I heard Cameron Ling has done a 16.5
The beep test is a much better measure of fitness for football because it is more like a game situation, in that you're not running for sustained periods at the same pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft camp 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back