Draft Camp/state Screening Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought i was sure about the criteria, does anyone know because i have heard its 7 clubs for draft camp and 4 for screening????

i thought i was sure about the criteria, does anyone know because i have heard its 7 clubs for draft camp and 4 for screening????
As far as I know the amount for draft camp varies depending on spots available. For example, if there is a larger spread of nominations from the AFL clubs then 4 clubs may get a guy across the line, if there is a narrow spread then it might be a bit higher. This year I believe it was quite a wide spread, not far off 200 guys are being tested all up at DC and SS.

Screening is just one club. The AFL don't condone private testing, therefore any player that an AFL club is nominates gets an invite. Of course, some clubs dont nominate guys they are interested in (smokies) as they see no need to declare their hand.

Calder.
Draft camp- Mckernan and Trengove
Screening- Duhau and Hayes
Congratulations to Bryce Carroll- shows that adversity can make you or break you. Terrible decision by the Cannons last year not to give him a preseason.
Wait............. They won the premiership, had 7 players drafted and 3 more rookied:)
You cant get every decision right and I would have thought it is hard to criticise a successful footy club in making a wrong decision:rolleyes:- ironically Andrew Dahau wasnt invited to the preseason last year as well- he didnt crack the shites he worked on his weaknesses and will most likely win the Cannons B& F.
Johnny Rayner is out for the rest of the season with a back stress fracture- Outstanding athlete and very clean- real chance to go.

Calder.
Congratulations to Bryce Carroll- shows that adversity can make you or break you. Terrible decision by the Cannons last year not to give him a preseason.
Wait............. They won the premiership, had 7 players drafted and 3 more rookied:)
You cant get every decision right and I would have thought it is hard to criticise a successful footy club in making a wrong decision:rolleyes:- ironically Andrew Dahau wasnt invited to the preseason last year as well- he didnt crack the shites he worked on his weaknesses and will most likely win the Cannons B& F.
Johnny Rayner is out for the rest of the season with a back stress fracture- Outstanding athlete and very clean- real chance to go.

Mckernan and Trengove definate first rounders.

Not surprised with Hayes for SS had him as my smokey, took a while to grow on me similar sort of thing to Kitey last year.

Good luck to Andy just love the kids attitude.

Don't discount Jocey's chances of getting picked up by a club either, is finishing off the season pretty well and keeping his chances alive. The kid can play and i'm sure they havent put a line through his name as yet. Brent Harvey is only 172cm and killing it so there is room for someone like Joyce.

Bit of a dissapointment for the likes of German, White and Tsardakis having big interupted seasons with injury.
Not suggesting that they would have got picked up but may have got to SS given an uninterupted season. Quality lads these.

Of the first year eligible kids suffering from not playing in a quality side McCallum & Ezard perhaps the pair who have shown something and may get a sniff next year.

Lucin, Tydell, Melksham, Temel, Talia & even Carlisle who showed a little something on the weekend will get their chance next year.

Have seen some afl documentation - Draft camp -Players required 5 clubs or more to nominate in their list of 50 players submitted for inclusion in camp. SS - All players receiving 1-4 nominations are invited.

Calder.

Thanks for the info about Rayner, hadn't seen him named to play with Jets for ages. I know about his athletics ability, wasn't sure about his footballing ability.

Can you elaborate on his footy re:strengths,weaknesses.

isn't all of this is technically "unofficial".. no player has recieved an invite yet as far as i'm aware, just been told by their coaches that they're on the list.. so the blokes who've been mentioned here will all be at draft camp but they haven't got 100% confirmation yet.. be careful with names folks.. i'm sure people won't be happy if their names get mentioned and the invite never comes;)

Letters have started to go out :thumbsu:

Calder.

bryce carroll didnt even get a preseaon there this year mate told him he was no good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Joey Daye? Can anyone tell me how he has been going this year? He moves pretty well and has a bit of height.
Joey Daye has had op he had an average championships and would question hes work ethic although he has alot of talent, just doesnt use it enough.Beams very well deserved had terrific champs and tac cup games, i beleive there wouldve been a few more if some boys hadnt of signed with gc 17 but not to be.Maybe Joey got state screening?

No Joey Daye? Can anyone tell me how he has been going this year? He moves pretty well and has a bit of height.
Dayne Beams was definetly worlty of getting an invite. Great to see.

I havnt heard anything about anybody else up here. I thought Matt Thompson might be a chance to get SS?

I dont rate Joey Daye, no opposite foot, only a reciever, cant win the hard ball. Good athlete but doesn't work hard enough and thinks his sh*t doesn't stink

Gippsland Power
Nick Heyne (draft camp)
Tristan Francis (state screening)
Campbell Heath (state screening)
Tim Ryan (state screening)
Jack Weston (state screening)
Jared Risol (state screening)

can those players that don't get a draft camp invite still be drafted ?? how does it work - do they have to nominate themselves for the draft ?
ta
:confused:

can those players that don't get a draft camp invite still be drafted ?? how does it work - do they have to nominate themselves for the draft ?
ta
:confused:
Players who didnt get a draft camp invite can definately still be drafted. They should still fill in their nomination for the draft. There are always a few who get picked that didnt go to draft camp or screening, with AFL clubs opting not to reveal their interest in guys that they may think are smokies.

The best thing anyone who didn't get an invite can do is go out their in the last month of footy determined to 'stick it up em' and show that they've still got something to offer. Going into shells and dropping the head is natural cos they'll be disappointed but it is no good!

If a players form warrants it they may even get a late draft camp or screening call up.

Players who didnt get a draft camp invite can definately still be drafted. They should still fill in their nomination for the draft. There are always a few who get picked that didnt go to draft camp or screening, with AFL clubs opting not to reveal their interest in guys that they may think are smokies.

The best thing anyone who didn't get an invite can do is go out their in the last month of footy determined to 'stick it up em' and show that they've still got something to offer. Going into shells and dropping the head is natural cos they'll be disappointed but it is no good!

If a players form warrants it they may even get a late draft camp or screening call up.
Do people have to fill in a nomination form to go into the draft?:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Camp/state Screening Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back