Preview Draft Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Elton - great bloke but not a true fwd or ruckman

Smells like Pattison

Disappointed

First thing that came to mind for me too. A bit of an in between height

Very underwhelmed by our picks.

A slow small rebounding defender in area we have depth in an an undersized ruck/forward in which we have a couple of good prospects.

Where's the midfielders or mid-sized forwards? 2nd tier midfield currently consists of the likes of Jackson, Edwards, Tuck, White. McDonald only mid-sized forward we have basically.

Also can't understand the pick. We have two small defenders in Houli and Newman who are very similar to Ellis

A little perplexed like everyone.

Ellis is a small backman (181cm), but we already have Newman (183cm), Houli (180cm) and Morris (181cm) down there?

And Todd Elton a 197cm Forward Ruck? Where's the logic there? We just spent a 2nd round pick on a Ruckman in Maric and already have a very good forward ruck in Vickery?

FWIW I reckon that's it for us. We will either pass or take up Addam Maric with pick 55

With Todd Elton I suspect that we plan to turn him into a tall forward. 197cm is a tad too small for a Ruckman at AFL level. We already have Vickery, Reiwoldt and Griffiths. There's no need for him unless if the coaches believe that Griffiths won't make it.

We need to add depth to our midfield. We didn't get anywhere near that with these selections.

I know that the club has a no d***head policy. But geez, don't go over board with it and select players we don't need at the detriment of our list.

Personally I hope we take a mid and fwd/mid with our first 2 selections rather than someone who has played as a hbf. I think with Morris coming in and Dea/Batchelor/Houli we seem to have enough rebounding defenders competing for positions.

I would rather we target upgrades for the Jackson/Edwards/White/King/Nahas roles.

My dream selections would be either Adams/Kavanagh at 15 and then Markworth/Crosier. But I have a feeling we will take Ellis as the psych testing seems to be what we base a lot of our picks on and I think he will test well.

Well a few of us picked this, hopefully psych test results translate to onfield performance

Everyone maybe take a breath.

BRANDON ELLIS IS A MID/HBF. He has played plenty of midfield and played there at times in the champs.

I probably would have gone Markworth before Elton but Elton was rated pretty highly at some stages this year and you can never have too many talls.

Another Halfback, thats 4 in 2 years, Hardwick drafting himself ?
and a short Ruckman, good stuff they've been a huge success
mind boggling selections

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when was 180 cm a midget?

Interesting with elton wonder what they have planned for him but he was considered top 10 pick earlier in the year.

Prefer this draft to last years and last years looks good at this stage.

Very upset that we overlooked Kersten and Markworth TWICE. I would have been very happy with Markworth at 15.

Well obviously our recruiters think our list is already complete. Because we just through away three perfectly good picks. F*** me..

Geez, could had had Kavanagh, Markworth and Downie!

Hope they know what they they are doing......

Who the hell is Matthew Arnot......

:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Draft Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back