List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
The pessimist in me, sees us getting screwed over, seems like the CFL is doing what it can to stop us loading up on picks.

I hope Richmond are tough this trade week and we don't capitulate.

Cameron didn't deliver Geelong a flag, that is utterly laughable. He got 1 coahces vote in 3 finals the year they won the flag. He has a total of 4 coaches votes in 8 finals since moving to Geelong. 3 of those were in the rout v Port Adelaide this year. His finals player ratings at Geelong average around 10.0. This is barely more than an average player rating across 22 players. In fact it is about average.

He is not a key forward's bootlace, and isn't transforming any team. He is just a good receiver and converter who runs out of options if the opposition has a tallish player who can run with him. He is a contested fairy.

Bolton is a hellish match-up. In 2022 and 2023 he was the ranked AFL#2 & AFL#1 of players designated as forwards. Cameron has never once ranked in the top 2. The trade will no doubt happen, and what we will see is Bolton will carve teams to shreds, but won't rely on a whole team being set up to feed him easy balls to do it. He will consistently win critical contests. Something Jeremy Cameron very rarely does.
Bros obsessed with Chimp Data

Computer Working GIF

Sorry mate, I love Shai but he does not compare.
Both against the wall, who do you pick 1st - Cameron every time.

We are biased for just as much they are biased against.

Just asking how does Cameron compare to Lynch??

PS: don't bring up Jack, he was a unicorn, we got lucky with Jack & we pushed down the order to get Polak ! Balls !!!

My only bias here is against players who can't win big contests. Because they tend to not be anywhere near as valuable when the whips are cracking in finals and you have to be able to beat very good players.

You want a comparison of Lynch and Cameron?

Last time Lynch had anywhere near a full season in 2022, Lych rated higher, but more crucially for their ability to influence big games:

Contested Possessions: Lynch 7.4 v Cameron 5.1
Contested Marks: Lynch 3.1 v Cameron 1.1

Teams don't need a 6'6 player to run around the back of players up the ground receiving handballs. A hundred players can do that as well as Cameron. They need the key forward to win big contests ahead of the ball. There wouldn't be more than a player or two who could do that anywhere near as well as Lynch.

the most important factor in the scats flag was stephen shockings rule change
Well, that and ARCgate. That final goes the way the rules are written, we cruise past a pathetic godeees in the semi...and then meet the Cats in the prelim.

And we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot in roughly half a dozen games that season that definitely cost us top 4 and most likely the flag.

I’ve got a watch on Harry Sharp and coming to us. Not the first time I’ve heard his name. I know other VIC clubs have enquired.

I’ve mentioned a few times that I’d have him as part of the pick swap for 20. He’s a long term McIntosh replacement on the wing, could be the best runner in the AFL as he’s a junior steeplechase champion, he’s got very good skills on both sides too. Great age to come in with some experience.

This is not “down the line” but his name has popped up.

Neat skills, and an excellent runner.

Have a look at his finals coaches votes then if you don't like Player Ratings. There is a reason he barely gets any. He is a glorified receiver.
I do agree with you you'd rather a Lynch over a Cameron. I just wanted an excuse to post the Chimp Data GIF :D

No one loves Shai more than me.

But there is no way Shai was as important to our flags, as Cameron was to the catters

Sorry mate, you are dead wrong on this one

Shai Bolton was little more than a bit part player in the flags he played in. He was 20 & 21 years old. But have a proper look at his 2020 Grand Final. At just 21 he played an excellent game, and did a lot of damage in that game. And that was a full stakes match. A flag literally hinged on which teams forwards could beat their opponents. Beside Dustin Martin, Shai Bolton was head and shoulders the most telling forward in that match. Jeremy Cameraman has never been the hinge factor in a Prelim or Grand Final.

Yet we are not talking about the 20 & 21yo version of Shai Bolton here. Fremantle are buying the fully mature version that won all sorts of accolades in 2022 and 2023.

You can debate who is the better player out of Cameron and Bolton at their peak. That is fair enough, I believe Bolton, but can accept others say Cameron. But it is debatable. Very. What is not debatable here is Bolton is 2 years younger than Cameron when traded, and is long contracted v restricted free agent out of contract. This is why Bolton will quite rightly command a higher trade price than Cameron. And allowing for the quality of this draft v the 2020 renewal, it will be a much higher trade price.

Last edited:
The pessimist in me, sees us getting screwed over, seems like the CFL is doing what it can to stop us loading up on picks.

I hope Richmond are tough this trade week and we don't capitulate.
I feel the same way, and I feel like all the attention and pressure is just going to increase over the weekend too when things usually stay pretty quiet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree. He's gone either way.
We'll never know because we'll get 10 and 11 at a minimum.

Both from Bendigo? Wow.
Neither from Bendigo. Dusty from Castlemaine, Reid from Tongala.

Shai Bolton was little more than a bit part player in the flags he played in.
Shai was much more than a bit-part player in the 2020 flag. Not only did he play a great grand final as you point out, he had a great finals series, played well or very well in every final. And finished 4th in the B&F. In a dynasty premiership team full of champions. At 21.

The bottom line on trade week is we do not have to move, clubs have to come to us. Freo and the Suns have to be better now, and picks dont do it. You think longmuir and Hardwick care about a fair price? They want these players and will push for a trade and get their way. They know 2025 is an open race, and their time is now.

With Brisbane, they have no picks and need us not to bid. That’s a first rounder for starters. Let’s see how flexible they are for there future or good luck finding 2400 points.

We milk this to the last minute or walk away.

Cooney, f***ing hell. He’s like a watered down version of Sam McClure. What an abysmal unit.

Give me the old school blokes over these new parrots trying to make a name for themselves every trade period.

Guys like Cooney, Jenk7ns and Morris make me really appreciate Lyon, Buckley, Dermie, etc. None of the latter names need to rely on trolling, click bait or BS “mega trades” and just talk pure footy.

Shai was much more than a bit-part player in the 2020 flag. Not only did he play a great grand final as you point out, he had a great finals series, played well or very well in every final. And finished 4th in the B&F. In a dynasty premiership team full of champions. At 21.

Spot on. He wasn't a bit part player in the 2020 finals, poor choice of words by me. Would have been better to state he had no right as a 21yo small forward to be any more than a bit part player.

I just added to my original post. The GF hinged on which teams forwards could beat their opponents. Dusty was the most effective forward on the ground by miles and Shai was the second most effective forward, also by miles. The 2020 Premiership literally hinged on that. Cameron won't ever do something like that in 10 lifetimes because he cannot win contests out of turn.

Shai bolton last 4 games against Fremantle, West Coast mainly over in wa.
Dis average 25, goal average 2.75.
This will be the version they get.
Also 3 clubs happily paying shai 1.25 million.

Shai bolton last 4 games against Fremantle, West Coast mainly over in wa.
Dis average 25, goal average 2.75.
This will be the version they get.
Also 3 clubs happily paying shai 1.25 million.

I find it astonishing and a bit frightening that a lot of our supporters don't actually realise how good Bolton is. If you are Fremantle there is no way you are letting this bloke slip over the difference between 2 & 3 rd 1 picks, let alone the difference between picks 13 & 20.

Bolton can deliver their first flag. No chance they get cold feet unless the asking price becomes completely ludicrous. It should be picks 12, 13 and some sort of little sweetner on top of that for us, and possibly a portion of his salary paid by us.

Cameron didn't deliver Geelong a flag, that is utterly laughable. He got 1 coaches vote in 3 finals the year they won the flag. He has a total of 4 coaches votes in 8 finals since moving to Geelong. 3 of those were in the rout v Port Adelaide this year. His finals player ratings at Geelong average around 10.0. This is barely more than an average player rating across 22 players. In fact it is about average.

He is not a key forward's bootlace, and isn't transforming any team. He is just a good receiver and converter who runs out of options if the opposition has a tallish player who can run with him. He is a contested fairy.

Bolton is a hellish match-up. In 2022 and 2023 he was the ranked AFL#2 & AFL#1 of players designated as forwards. Cameron has never once ranked in the top 2. The trade will no doubt happen, and what we will see is Bolton will carve teams to shreds, but won't rely on a whole team being set up to feed him easy balls to do it. He will consistently win critical contests. Something Jeremy Cameron very rarely does.

1728522172270.png

pepsi GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back