Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

And on what planet are Richmond trading all those for one pick. This trading up to 2 is just weird. Unless it’s for 6&18 straight why would Richmond bother? Likely to get just as good a mid at 6, and a slider at 18. What’s honestly the point? Richmond take all the picks they can draft their whole spine in one go likely have pick 1/2 next year if need be split that for 2/3 picks why do it this year?
If you look at the 2014 draft petracca went 2, Paul ahern went 7 (where 6 slides) 11 is duggan, 12 Corey Ellis and 19 boakhurst. If your given up pick 2, you want more than 6 and 18

If you look at the 2014 draft petracca went 2, Paul ahern went 7 (where 6 slides) 11 is duggan, 12 Corey Ellis and 19 boakhurst. If your given up pick 2, you want more than 6 and 18

This isn’t 2014, it’s ridiculously even from 1-10. Makes zero sense unless Norths f1 is coming back and even then Rich won’t bother

Yeah but if you look at 2006 Gumbleton went at 2, Selwood at 7, Reiwoldt at 13, Grigg at 19, Edwards at 26 and Gray at 55, so North will need to give us something extra on top of pick 2.:rolleyes:

How many pick 2 have been duds in last 10 years?

How many have been superstars… you’d need to be getting the next Harley Reid to give that deal…you aren’t. For every Petracca there is a Gumbleton or Jon O Rourke. You aren’t trading up for Ashcroft literally you could still get Smille at 6, Langford at 6, Armstrong as the KPF.

Richmond have the perfect opportunity to take two mids one being Lalor/FOS at pick 1. Then they can potentially get the replacement for Reiwoldt/Lynch, maybe look
at another mid at 11. A ruck with the sliding pick, best available next pick or trade their last one to next year (plenty of clubs will want that pick in the 20’s such as Essendon after a Kako bid or something like that.

There’s zero point unless it’s purely for 6&18. That is more than fair otherwise go to the draft and get the spine for the next decade in one hit.

How many have been superstars… you’d need to be getting the next Harley Reid to give that deal…you aren’t. For every Petracca there is a Gumbleton or Jon O Rourke. You aren’t trading up for Ashcroft literally you could still get Smille at 6, Langford at 6, Armstrong as the KPF.

Richmond have the perfect opportunity to take two mids one being Lalor/FOS at pick 1. Then they can potentially get the replacement for Reiwoldt/Lynch, maybe look
at another mid at 11. A ruck with the sliding pick, best available next pick or trade their last one to next year (plenty of clubs will want that pick in the 20’s such as Essendon after a Kako bid or something like that.

There’s zero point unless it’s purely for 6&18. That is more than fair otherwise go to the draft and get the spine for the next decade in one hit.
I don’t think North will accept something as far back as 6. Think that’s possibly the sticking point, not the other pick whether it’s 11 or 18.

I don’t think North will accept something as far back as 6. Think that’s possibly the sticking point, not the other pick whether it’s 11 or 18.

This is why I don’t think a trade occurs. Tigers won’t trade both 6&11. North will just take 2 on the draft and take best available whether it be key position or not. Crows have no need to trade they get Draper at 4 anyway. Carlton have traded their assets and ditto Melbourne who have pick 5. Will be best for all clubs to take their original picks and I feel that’s what occurs more likely to be movements pick 13 onwards

Richmond like Lalor & FOS.

Both should be there at their first pick

secret smell GIF
They’ll get both after pick swap with North..

No offence, but how do you know? I wouldn’t have a clue what Brady Rawlings is planning. I know what I want him to do, but I’ve got nothing to do with it. It’s an interesting time with all the futures etc being involved and the amazing draft hand you guys hold. But I’m tipping you don’t know what players they have on their board for this year or next, as do I.
I don’t want 6 and 18 for 2, just like I’m sure you don’t wanna give up 6 and 10/11…….but it’s pretty cool that it’s all going to play out one way or another. Wouldn’t surprise me if a deal has already been struck with another club, this stuff sometimes comes out of nowhere.
Rawlings can bide his time..no hurry!
If there is a swap of#2, likely happen on draft night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think Langford just sneaks into the top bracket or at least is start of the next rung

1. Ashcroft (lions)
2. Lalor (tigers)
3. FOS (north)
4. Jagga (blues)
5. Draper (crows)
6. Langford (dees)

Then the next pick/langford pick is where the next rung begins of Smillie, Tauru, Armstrong, Shanahan, Reid etc
Reckon you’re on the money here if North keeps #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Draft Rumours 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back