Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else hear the rumour Petracca told St Kilda he'd ask for a trade as soon as his contract was up if they drafted him?
Yeah a few people have gone with that one. Pretty much BS if you ask me. Would have thought clubs would have more balls than that to. Especially seeing he would have been drafted by a club in his home state.

Yeah a few people have gone with that one. Pretty much BS if you ask me. Would have thought clubs would have more balls than that to. Especially seeing he would have been drafted by a club in his home state.

Yeah I read it on the saints board and personally thought it was just them justifying going with McCartin

Anyone else hear the rumour Petracca told St Kilda he'd ask for a trade as soon as his contract was up if they drafted him?

I reckon he would have preferred the Saints to the Dees, but it's just a gut feel. His family (understandably) expressed concerns about our ability to develop players, but supposedly had their fears allayed - Roos/new coaching group, etc.

If anything, I have an inkling Petracca would have embraced the glory of being pick 1. He's a tad immature and it will probably benefit him in the long-term that he wasn't.

Last edited:

With all due respect, how much difference is there between the Saints & Dees?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many of them have dees supporters actually witnessed?

Unless you live it there's no point harping on about them IMO

Who knows ? But a couple of points. I'm not "harping" about anything; and when someone asks the difference between our respective teams the facts will always hold centre stage. Now and in 100 years, whatever that may be.

Who knows ? But a couple of points. I'm not "harping" about anything; and when someone asks the difference between our respective teams the facts will always hold centre stage. Now and in 100 years, whatever that may be.

i just find it bizarre that people cling to something that they were never there for. sure it can be interesting to read about when your bored, but really it wouldnt even compare to watching your team win a close home and away game. essentially they mean nothing, apart from some history and nostalgia.

flags won, what is it now, almost 60 years ago, would mean absolutely 0 to a player

i just find it bizarre that people cling to something that they were never there for. sure it can be interesting to read about when your bored, but really it wouldnt even compare to watching your team win a close home and away game. essentially they mean nothing, apart from some history and nostalgia.

flags won, what is it now, almost 60 years ago, would mean absolutely 0 to a player

That's great, mate. I'm just confirming facts.

You can please yourself how emotional they make you.

Any football person would take the Saints' last 20 years over the Dees'. Great to have pride in your club's history, but when your recent history is so losing, I'd have a bit more humility.

Any football person would take the Saints' last 20 years over the Dees'. Great to have pride in your club's history, but when your recent history is so losing, I'd have a bit more humility.

Who's lacking humility ? We're well aware of our wretched plight.

You've had more enjoyment over the last decade, although we made 6 finals appearances in 10 years under Daniher if you want to include the last 20, but ultimately a flag is all that matters and neither of us have one.

So we're left with history. And you can reflect on that, or not. Up to you.

Yeah I read it on the saints board and personally thought it was just them justifying going with McCartin
I think they had enough of that. As soon as the McCartin rumour become more factual Petracca became fat, egotistical, and lazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back