Draft Televised?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last nights coverage was pathetic. I kept it on the red button the whole time, which I'm happy about.

The top 10 was a joke, especially when they had top 10 lined up next to each other, and virtually every player was in Orange.

Not to mention the audio debacle they had. :thumbsdown:

So looking forward to a normal draft next year. If they want to make it like the NBA, then do it properly. Give each club 4 minutes to pick, do each pick live and do it in Order. bring them on stage, and give them their guernsey and move on. No interviews until the draft has finished.

So looking forward to a normal draft next year. If they want to make it like the NBA, then do it properly. Give each club 4 minutes to pick, do each pick live and do it in Order. bring them on stage, and give them their guernsey and move on. No interviews until the draft has finished.

Agreed.

4 mins is way too long to pick. Especially in the first round. AFL clubs generally need about 40 seconds and can request for more time if need be.

Reason why NFL and NBA clubs require so much time (I think its like 7mins in the NFL) is because you can wheel and deal on the spot by trading. Teams trade down for more picks, trade back into the draft if a player they like is still there, etc. In the AFL, no trades are/can be done.

The whole point of the countdown is so that they could end on the #1 pick and focus on him - Just take 5 minutes after each of the first three picks to give them a chance to interview the top picks, and then go to the standard format for the rest of the picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Televised?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back