Mega Thread Draftees Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

WC fans were mostly attacking the Eagles' under performing seniors, not so much the kids.

I suggest you go have a read of a couple of threads from the end of last year then, and I doubt you guys were attacking your seniors as they were mostly injured for the whole year.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this but here are a couple of threads from last year on your board regarding your list.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710765&page=4

This ones also an interesting read...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=749891

There's plenty more of them threads around on your board as I'm sure it was a very frustrating time to be in.

One thing I will say is this though, I for one am glad a bunch of nuffies on BF don't get a say in how things are done at AFL clubs.

One thing I will say is this though, I for one am glad a bunch of nuffies on BF don't get a say in how things are done at AFL clubs.

Did you read those threads?

The only young guy mentioned more than once or twice that has stepped up this year is McGinnity.

Also, Nicoski and Rosa were widely written off but they aren't that young.

Are you ***** serious???? How can you write off an 18yr old thats played as many games as he has! Look at some of the other picks in front Polec, gaff etc.... you writing them off to? Seriously bang your head against ur keyboard hard enough you stop writing rubbish on BF!

Did you read those threads?

The only young guy mentioned more than once or twice that have stepped up this year is McGinnity.

Also, Nicoski was widely written off but he isn't young.

Read further then the first 2 pages.... Rosa, Selwood x2, Ebert, Masten etc etc.

People wanting to get rid of Embley/Kerr Embley being called a plodder, most of the team not being able to kick over a jam tin, and now in the space of 6-8 months that's all turned around.

It really just goes to show how little people really know about these sorts of things and really only ever get the hindsight calls correct.

Of the 18 combined pages in those 2 threads I would've gone through most of them.

The consensus was the older players were crap (Rosa, Embley, Nicoski, Kerr etc) but not many people were hanging the youngsters out to dry, except McGinnity, who wasn't popular until very recently.

You said we were writing off the kids - we weren't. We were writing off guys who were 25+ and hadn't done much for 3 years.

EDIT: Not that it matters much. I just thought I'd back tesseract up.

I suggest you go have a read of a couple of threads from the end of last year then, and I doubt you guys were attacking your seniors as they were mostly injured for the whole year.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this but here are a couple of threads from last year on your board regarding your list.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710765&page=4

This ones also an interesting read...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=749891

There's plenty more of them threads around on your board as I'm sure it was a very frustrating time to be in.

I don't have to read them, I read that and much, much more from our board last year. Therefore, I'm more qualified to say that you're wrong and are full of it. You single out two threads amongst hundreds for the year and make that your case. Get your facts right.

I don't have to read them, I read that and much, much more from our board last year. Therefore, I'm more qualified to say that you're wrong and are full of it. You single out two threads amongst hundreds for the year and make that your case. Get your facts right.

Settle down chiefton, have a read of my previous post where I stated that there were plenty more threads like these ones but I didn't want to put them all up as I didn't know if I would get into trouble or not.

Now run along to your own board and enjoy the fine season that your team is having.

Re: I am just going to say what everyone is thinking.

Wow writing off a first year player before he even finishes his first season. Makes it even better when you consider that Conca is playing in a side that has truly fallen by the wayside in the second half of the year while the Bombers have been thereabouts and playing some half decent footy, therefore allowing Heppell to shine a little more.

Shit thread. Kid didn't have a pre-season. Showed signs early and everyone was happy. Far out things change quick here. Though i turned game off after the McGuane free kick to Darling. Darling went as an Eagles priority pick and wouldnt have been available at our pick.

Re: I am just going to say what everyone is thinking.

The only player I regret us not taking is Tom Lynch.

Conca will be a fine James Kelly type player for us, and will be brilliant in traffic once he gets his fitness, strength and experience up.

We occasionally pick up a gun in the draft , so we head out to left field and outsmart the other clubs........lol

Why do RFC not think our recruiters are a problem. Who are they are accountable to
They will have another sacked coach within 12 months. The recruiters last longer than the coaches

Draft the best player available when it's your pick , until you have a very solid list and are playing finals . Have no issue then using a high risk picks to jump
up into top echelon , however this continual high risk taking when building a list is just plain ridiculous !
North have absolutely nailed the most recent drafts , by using th take the best player available formula !
In the past two years Taylor, Nason, Webberly , Roberts, Conca have all been taken alot higher than others rated them and IMO will never reach the height of where we rated them !

I dont think its been mentioned on here but the desision to take hicks over majak daw is coming back to bite us now i know its hindsight now but i was spewing at the time we didnt take majak .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Jack Darling

The most frustrating thing is, tigers take risks with small players like midfielders that dont have the physical capacity to compete with the strongest players.. They get crucified because they don't have the balls to try and take a tall player late in the draft who has potential.. I mean come on, Angus Graham/ Andrew Browne ruck combination is almost embarrasing, they havent had the guts in a few years to take that gamble.. I know it is hard because previous key tall draft picks havent worked out but eventually one will be a gem.. it could be a last round pick like Derickx, i simply wish they would stop drafting 175-180cm kids early that can't make it early.

Re: Jack Darling

I mean come on, Angus Graham/ Andrew Browne ruck combination is almost embarrasing, they havent had the guts in a few years to take that gamble..
I think we need to lay off Browne... he just turned 21.

He was taken late in the rookie draft a couple of years ago, so no point in getting stuck into the Tigers for poor drafting when it comes to Browne either.

The bigger problem seems to be the lack of forward planning. Perhaps they had hoped Gus would be the man to step up, but Simmonds wasn't a world beater in his last years, and we've been left with no-one. Perhaps this is why they spent a top 10 draft pick on Vickery, although I don't say that to devalue him, I reckon he will be a very good player, and is already showing signs of that.

Has really come to a head this year with Gus going backwards, and us not having any real plan B. Derrickx getting injured doesn't help, although as much as he looked promising in the pre-season, it's a bit much to expect a first year mature ager to be your saviour!

Had to laugh at one poster willing to trade Cox for pick 2 & getting Bennell. :D Man imagine if that happened. :thumbsu:

Plenty on here sticking the boots into Conca and saying we should have taken this bloke or that............. pretty weak IMO:thumbsdown:

Who's to say Darling doesn't hit the slops and revert back to his worrying past which saw him slip so far down the draft order, or Hepell might become the next Daniel Rich who at this stage peaked in his first year.

How about a little faith that the club drafted Conca as a long term player not a one season wonder:thumbsu:

Terrible thread... though there are a lot of us with our head screwed on. Conca is the least of our worries. The kid is only 18 and has EARNT a spot in our best 22. He has nice disposal, is quite composed and is evasive. Has a little bit of Simon Black about him... if he is half as good then I'll be happy!

Remember this kid had seven 20+ disposal games before he got his rising star nomination

Had to laugh at one poster willing to trade Cox for pick 2 & getting Bennell. :D Man imagine if that happened. :thumbsu:

Cox is 30, so I'm in favour of it. WC don't work that way though. Tough decision to trade a champ, but when rebuilding, tough decisions must be made. I'm still hoping H.Bennell gets lured back home to WA and winds up at the WCE. Would compliment Gaff nicely cosidering they're a different type of Winger. Considering Embley's age, such a player is a logical choice as a home grown replacement.

Same principle could be applied at Richmond. Is Deledio giving your mob the output expected compared to his trade value? While I wouldn't trade him this year, if Richmond traded Deledio next year to get an early pick in the super draft, Richmond could come out of it big winners. Do Richmond have the balls to make such a play though. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If Cox was traded, WC would still have 2 of the leagues most promising young Ruckmen in Naitanui and Lycett, plus Lynch who has many times been used quite effectively as a chop out.

It's short term pain, for long term gain.

Terrible thread... though there are a lot of us with our head screwed on. Conca is the least of our worries. The kid is only 18 and has EARNT a spot in our best 22. He has nice disposal, is quite composed and is evasive. Has a little bit of Simon Black about him... if he is half as good then I'll be happy!

Remember this kid had seven 20+ disposal games before he got his rising star nomination

it would seem people have forgotten that. ive been very happy with conca and he has shown promising signs. as have all our latest draftees :thumbsu:

Can someone tell me how good Heppell's 2019 season is? What did Conca do in 2018. What ws he like as a built midfielder when he is 26 years old playing alongside Martin (28) and Cotch (29). It seems most people on here know what a built, talented, quick, 88kg Reece Conca is gong to do between now and the Year 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Draftees Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back