Dream Team Squads Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Has that [15 tackles in a game] ever been done in a game.

For the record, he had 7 :p.

Harris had 15 tackles in a game 2-3 years ago against Hawthorn (?). I think 15 is the AFL record.

oh bugga...sorry guys...i meant 2 rookies starting...4 rookies including reserves

2 rookies seems a pretty popular move at the moment as there is a lot of perceived value. It's risky, but it should work out.

oh bugga...sorry guys...i meant 2 rookies starting...4 rookies including reserves

I'd say this would be common amongst most teams this year, with Yarran being one of those rookies. I'm doing the same. :thumbsu:

If at least one of the two is guaranteed to get a regular game, as they are integral to their teams' structure - ala. Gumby, then you should be set. If there is a question mark over whether the other player can get games, just ensure the other rookies on the bench are just as likely to be able to provide cover if he does happen to miss a game.

anyones thoughts on my team?? advice would be great on some trades i could make to have better line up.

Backs
Hodge, Goddard, C.Cornes, Lockyer, Adcock, malceski, Hill, (Dawson,laurie)

Mids
Corey, Hayes, Gibbs, Dalziell, Boak, Rich, (Swift, Beams)

Ruck
Cox, Zreuzer, (Currie, Sullivan)

Fowards
Deledio, Giansiricusa, Fevola, Higgins, Ziebell, Ballentyne, Sidebottom, (Gumbleton, Walker)

What does everyone think of Thomas? He's been talked up alot the past couple of years, but he's really cheap this year.

Thoughts?

What does everyone think of Thomas? He's been talked up alot the past couple of years, but he's really cheap this year.

Thoughts?
I presume you're talking about Daisy?

I think he will play more off half back this year (aswell as midfield though), because it could help Heath out when he receives a heavy tag. Hopefully that means more points for Daisy, but who knows. From rounds 8-11 last year, he scored 97, 95, 102 and 107 so he can score well occasionally, except those games were against St Kilda (generally scores well against them), Geelong (in an 86 point win), Melbourne (bottom side) and West Coast (2nd bottom side), which were games that we won. The last 9 games he played in the H & A season was typical Daisy, only scored >70 in 3 of those games and scored <60 in 5 games. He scored 85 and 47 in the finals which weren't too impressive either. So ask yourself, do you really want someone that's $320k that struggles to get over 70 in your team? That's up to you.

But just keep watching the NAB and see where he plays, if he gets more midfield time then I think he might be worth it, but not too sure.

just bit the bullet and went with three risky players...

what do we think of:
chris mayne 257k (forward)
Armitage 244k mid
and Mackay 237k mid

anyones thoughts on my team?? advice would be great on some trades i could make to have better line up.

Backs

Mids

Ruck

Fowards
Deledio, Giansiricusa, Fevola, Higgins, Ziebell, Ballentyne, Sidebottom, (Gumbleton, Walker)

too many rookies in the forwards line imo.

also dalziell is too expensive and fevola is too inconsistent.

apart from that, its alright

Backs

Mids

Ruck

Fowards

Nice side besides the following:

Dalziell : Sure he is unique, but for the same price range you can still pick up a player who is just as good and rather unique, without having to worry if he can sustain that average. He only played a few games last year, so not much known about how prone he is to injury either.

Fev: Averaged 85 last year with 99 goals. Gonna be hard to top.

PS. How did you miss the letter K on Kreuzer by that much. That letter Z is so far away:D

I think Dalziell will back it up. He just seems to be a ball magnet. Scored 100+ in the NAB cup game with shorter quarters and more bench rotations, which obviously isn't 100% proof because it's only a NAB cup game but he doesn't seem to be having second year blues.

Throwing out something that I'm sure has already been mentioned: Skipworth had 15 (!) tackles and kicked two goals (I think) to score his 99. How many games are either of the above two going to happen? Say he averages 5 tackles and 1 goal a game, that brings his score down by 49 points and you're in (gulp) Ricky Dyson territory.

Did you actually take any notice of Skippys TOG.

10K 5HB 5M 7Tks 2Gls roughly.

You may have got his tackles mixed up with disposals.

Over to you

What are peoples thoughts in playing 3 rookies in the forward line. I know its VERY risky but might prove to be successful. I was origionally starting with 2, but now after seeing Lakeys post, playing 3 will help turn a potential keeper into a certain keeper. i would have:
Yarran, Ziebel and either Walker, Gumby or Ballantyne. I believe that with this lot of rookies i could be 0 free for the first say 7-8 weeks til i can upgrade 1 to keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are peoples thoughts in playing 3 rookies in the forward line. I know its VERY risky but might prove to be successful. I was origionally starting with 2, but now after seeing Lakeys post, playing 3 will help turn a potential keeper into a certain keeper. i would have:
Yarran, Ziebel and either Walker, Gumby or Ballantyne. I believe that with this lot of rookies i could be 0 free for the first say 7-8 weeks til i can upgrade 1 to keeper.
I've been tinking about this also. I've got Skipworth, who probably won't get near 22 games. Yarran is probably more likely to hold his spot in the team. I've got ziebell already up forward. Yarran probably won't score very well (50-65) but should play most of the season

So then you still have 2 rookies starting after round 8. I know that Carlton supporters all say Yarran will play every game... im not so sure, Walker will have pressure from Patrenko and Burton when he comes back, Zeibel plays for the roos enough said and Gumby is very injury prone. To me the only player i see playing all the first 7-8 games is Ballantyne.

But if they do all play the first 7-8 games then you will be away.

So then you still have 2 rookies starting after round 8. I know that Carlton supporters all say Yarran will play every game... im not so sure, Walker will have pressure from Patrenko and Burton when he comes back, Zeibel plays for the roos enough said and Gumby is very injury prone. To me the only player i see playing all the first 7-8 games is Ballantyne.

But if they do all play the first 7-8 games then you will be away.

Yeah risky as i said. I dont think i will end up doing this, just a thought. However this would leave me with enough money to start 6 keepers in defence, 4 in the midfield, 2 in the rucks and 4 in the forwards. So as soon as i have a good oportunity to upgrade my forward rookies i will. Requires a large amount of luck though!

Also im very confident Walker will play most of the year (well the first half anyway) Burton isnt expected bac til round 10 and the crows hav been looking for a key forward for a while now and Walker looks the goods (i hope

Lakey just had a look at your team, I had one made on a similar thought plan, its under my dads name though lol.

Fish, Godd, Chornes, Shaw, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
Ablett, Green, Selwood, Gibbs, Rich, Otten
Cox, Fraser
Pavlich, Lids, Harvey, Gia, Skippy, Zeibel, Haydos

Makes 8 that need trading up but also you have Raines/Houlihan who will score over 50 and Skippy should as well. Less risk, more trades but remember you do have 20.

Also with you team I would downgrade one of your backs to Raines and upgrade one of your forwards to a premium, keeps your ratio of keepers but also less risk with starting rookies.

Lakey just had a look at your team, I had one made on a similar thought plan, its under my dads name though lol.

Fish, Godd, Chornes, Shaw, Houlihan, Raines, Hill
Ablett, Green, Selwood, Gibbs, Rich, Otten
Cox, Fraser
Pavlich, Lids, Harvey, Gia, Skippy, Zeibel, Haydos

Makes 8 that need trading up but also you have Raines/Houlihan who will score over 50 and Skippy should as well. Less risk, more trades but remember you do have 20.

Also with you team I would downgrade one of your backs to Raines and upgrade one of your forwards to a premium, keeps your ratio of keepers but also less risk with starting rookies.
Haha wasnt my team mate (i couldnt recite it for you it changes less than hourly!), it was just something i was looking at with interest. See there, your kind of heading back towards the Generic BF team. Downgrade Gia to lucas and upgrade haydos (spose you mean ballantyne?) to higgins and you are there!

Well there you go I stand corrected. I swear I read somewhere he had 15 (pretty sure Luke Ball has done that), though I do have a habit of reading 7's as one's and 5's.

An article on an AFL site said he had 15, but all the stats i have read has him marked down for seven (i checked after i read the article!)

I'm thinking of starting 2 rookies in the forwards - but what are the chances of Ziebell, Sidebottom, Walker and Ballantyne playing consistently from round one? I think that the winner this year will have handled the rookie situation very, very well from Round 1.

Yarren, Grant, Ziebell, Sidebottom, Walker, Gumbleton, Hentschel, Ballantyne, Hogan.

Look at ones bound to get games though (as in coach has said so) like Grant and Gumby.

I think theres enough the two start two.

I agree with the other point, in that id probably start two rookies in the FWs before i started one in the backs.

Im having trouble picking 3 forwards as keepers/potential keepers.
I have $1,162,000 to play with.
Atm I already have Deledio, O'Keefe and Porplyzia.
Any other ideas?

I'm not sure I'd be trying to buy three keepers for that much roos3. I'd probably look at 2 players I definitely like and then go for someone cheaper as the third.

I need some advice:

I'm choosing 4 out of these 6 players for my midfield, they are

Bartel, Ablett, Corey, Swan, Judd, Kerr

There is only one more catch-

I can only pick Bartel if i Pick Kerr aswell

Who would you pick??

Hodge
Goddard
Fisher
Enright
Chad
Shaw
Adcock

Suban
Petrenko

Kane
Selwood
Gibbs
Hill
Rich
Dangerfield/Steele

Swift
Robinson

Cox
Simmonds

Currie
Spencer

Deledio
O’Keefe
Brennan
Sylvia
Yarran
Ziebell
Grant

Gumbleton
Ballantyne/Hogan

About 7k left over.

Yeah Lakey, i don't think this strategy has been discussed much just because of the amount of risk involved (obviously).

What i do like about a full blown rookie strategy such as this is that if your initial rookie choices are off the mark you will still be able to use 2/3 trades downgrading to the rookies that you originally missed, leaving 12 for upgrades (6 x 2) and 5/6 for LTI's suspension.

If you start with this structure you really really should end the year with 22 genuine keepers (you should do this any strategy:p) because you 'only' need to upgrade 6 players (still means you need 12 rookies to play though:D) and the 0's you are almost inevitably going to cop early need to be accounted for.

For the above reason i reckon a full-blown rookie strategy like this would be best suited to someone who is aiming to finish strongly and capture a league or perhaps eliminator win.

However, its not as farfetched as some may believe, most people would be quite confident in say 8-10 rookies playing (or at least i assume so because 10+ rookies are featured in most teams), which means with this strategy the Dt'er is confident in just 4 or so more rookies (although only 12 of these 14 rookies need to play [6 x 2]) than the 'average.' If these 4 or so rookies don't come on then 'you' should be able to trade out 2 or 3 to better rookies.

You'd be genuinely laughing (i would be at least.....) if you pick all the right rookies straight off the cuff.

Not my actual squad, but structure-wise my Round 1 team will be similar, regardless of who the actual players in the positions are.

$1,400 left according to FanPlanner

---

Goddard
C Cornes
Lockyer

Adcock
Malceski

Houlihan
Raines

Suban
McKernan

K Cornes
J Selwood
Gibbs

Watson
Haselby
Rich

Swift
Davenport

Cox
Ottens

Currie
Sullivan

Pavlich
Deledio
Harvey

Veszpremi
Higgins
Skipworth
Yarran

M Brown
Ballantyne

---

Any thoughts?

RE SCAN:

I have to admit straight away, starting 6 rookies is risky. But with the depth in the FW line this year particularly I think it is possible. The main problem is with the midfield. Rich is a starter, but then otten, swift, robinson, dangerfield, steele, zaharakis and all the other options there is not certainty. They could be in one minute and out the next.

I agree with the upgrades though - haveing only 6 players to bring in means you could use 2/3 trades per upgrade which should be achievable quite easily. The worry is the amount of zeros here and there you might cop early.

IMO its an interesting team, but one where if not all goes to plan, you could well end up with a rookie or a below par player (bad upgrade) in your final 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back