Dream Team Squads Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive heard that ellis has had an interrupted pre-season. Consider a swap to houli?

Midfield is good

Rucks are goos

Forward line is very risky. Only Richo can give u consistent scores week in week out.

Possibly put a rookie starting in the midfield to free up some cash

not really...last year he had good 5 weeks in a row when he was moved to the midifeld but then when I picked him up there were some very low scores

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Malceski, Adock, Houlihan, Myers (Suban, Petrenko)

Centres: Bartel, Kornes, Selwood, Gibbs, Skipworth, Beams (Robinson, Davenport)

Rucks: Cox, Hille (Currie, Spencer)

Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Harvey, Higgins, Vezpremi, Sidebottom, Gumbleton (Thompson, Grant)

:thumbsu::):p

Waiting for the NAB game to start and was having a play around on fan planner and came up with a team that has no players over $400k. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on going with a line up like that. I'm finding it hard to decided whether to go with this isort of lineup or go with a high priced premiums/multiple starting rookies lineup or go with a lower priced premiums/midpriced/couple of starting rookies line up.

FWIW here is the line up I came up with:

Backs - Goddard, Mattner, Drummond, Drum, Houlihan, Raines, Grimes, Hill, Rance
Centres - Pendlebury, Gibbs, Boak, Griffen, Masten, Haselby, Rich, Robinson
Rucks - Simmonds, Ottens, Graham, Spencer
Forwards - Davis, Brennan, Sylvia, Roughead, J.Riewoldt, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell, Walker

I should mention that the way I rate player values might be different to how most of you do. For me a true premium player is someone who is priced over $400k. Next is the keepers which are anywhere between $250-400k, then come the midpriced at $120-250 and then rookies are those below $120k.

It's a good strategy, a similar setup worked for the convicts and i think you'd do pretty well. Petrenko is another option in the rookies, he racked up a few possies last night. I wouldn't choose Griffen or Drum but i'm sure you've done your research. Good job :thumbsu:

not really...last year he had good 5 weeks in a row when he was moved to the midifeld but then when I picked him up there were some very low scores
I suppose it depends on what you call very low scores. Between round 4 ( the first game on the wing) and the end of the season Richo played 17 games and had 12 scores of 90 or above and that was despite copping an injury in one game and then missing the next 2.

It's a good strategy, a similar setup worked for the convicts and i think you'd do pretty well. Petrenko is another option in the rookies, he racked up a few possies last night. I wouldn't choose Griffen or Drum but i'm sure you've done your research. Good job :thumbsu:
Those 2 are calculated risks. Dogs went out in round 1 of the NAB and all I've read from the Dogs is how Griffen is flying and is having to be held back. As for Drum been watching him for the last few years even ahd him in my early squad for last season before deciding to go with someone else.

You reckon houlihan is a better option? Will he maintain a spot in the Carlton team?

I'm amazed at how often this question is asked. :confused:

To repeat myself:

He'll play all 22 games if fit. Definitely in our starting 22.

He won't be a keeper, but he's priced at about 55 PPG and you can expect him to get that up to at least 70 PPG and probably closer to 75 PPG.

Safe option, too - only missed 7 games in 5 seasons of footy prior to 2008. His operation was different than most - was done to remove bone on the hip which has been hampering him for years, so it's possible that he'll be moving better than he did pre-op.

Backs
Goddard
Cornes
Adcock
Malceski
Myers
Houlihan
Raines
Hill
Rance

Midfield
Kornes
Selwood
Gibbs
Boak
Butler
Robinson
Rich
Beams

Ruck
Cox
Ottens
Currie
Graham

Forwards
Pavlich
Didak
Giansiracusa
J.Reiwolt
Lucas
Higgins
Ziebell
Sidebottom
Gumbleton

Thoughts Please!!

I have 15 of your starting 22.

I'm amazed at how often this question is asked. :confused:

To repeat myself:

He'll play all 22 games if fit. Definitely in our starting 22.

He won't be a keeper, but he's priced at about 55 PPG and you can expect him to get that up to at least 70 PPG and probably closer to 75 PPG.

Safe option, too - only missed 7 games in 5 seasons of footy prior to 2008. His operation was different than most - was done to remove bone on the hip which has been hampering him for years, so it's possible that he'll be moving better than he did pre-op.

if he does avg 70 then he will earn u only 70k....is that worth a trade??...imo there is other players that will earn u more money

Team's fairly similar to most you see here, particularly the backline. Went for a cheaper midfield than most - going for players who I think have a fair bit of growth in them. Very happy with my forwards - starting 4 premiums (Brennan some might consider iffy). Lucas to Skipworth is a real possibility though and still not sold on the premiums I've chosen. Only starting the two rookies at the moment.

BACKS Goddard, Fisher, Cornes, Malceski, Myers, Houlihan, Raines (RANCE, SUBAN)
MIDS S.Tuck, Gibbs, Knights, Reilly, Haselby, Rich (ROBINSON, SWIFT)
RUCKS Cox, Fraser (CURRIE, GILES)
FORWARDS Deledio, Didak, S.Johnson, Brennan, Lucas, Higgins, Ziebell (BALLANTYNE, GUMBLETON)

if he does avg 70 then he will earn u only 70k....is that worth a trade??...imo there is other players that will earn u more money

IMO i'd consider him a keeper, or if not he'll make you a decent amount of money given he has the potential to produce some decent scores, judging by his averages in the past.

There are very little other options around his price range, but if there is let me know! ;)

IMO i'd consider him a keeper, or if not he'll make you a decent amount of money given he has the potential to produce some decent scores, judging by his averages in the past.

There are very little other options around his price range, but if there is let me know! ;)

well it depends what u r looking for...if u r looking for him to become a keeper then ye if u think he will avg enough...but if u r looking for him earn u money there are players cheaper than that, that will earn u more money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my team

Back:
Hodge
Goddard
Lockyer
Adcock
Houlihan
Collier
Hill
(Rance, Petrenko)

Mid:
Ablett
Swan
Selwoo
Judd
Foley
Rich
(Beams, Robinson)

Ruck:
Hille
Kreuzer
(Currie, Pyke)

For:
Pavlich
Deledio
O'Keefe
Cloke
Higgins
Skipworth
Zeibell
(Ballantyne, Gumbleton)

What do people think? Any comments appreciated

nice tigerman...don't like Judd in DT though. Also not too keen on Collier. Also, wasn't Petrenko just placed on the LTI list?

I haven't played this before, and i haven't taken much notice of current performances. But..............

DEFENDERS: J. Bowden, L Hodge, B Goddard, J Adcock, J Smith (NM), N Brown, S Hill RESERVES: N Suban, A Rance

MIDFIELD: G Ablett, J Corey, B Gibbs, R Griffen, T Tuck, D Rich RESERVES: S Sidebottom, P Dangerfield

RUCKS: D Cox, M Kreuzer RESERVES: A Cordy, D Currie

FORWARDS: M Pavlich, B Deledio, B Harvey, B McKinley, S Higgins, S Edwards, S Gumbleton RESERVES: H Ballantyne, T Gilchrist

$10,800 left.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

nice tigerman...don't like Judd in DT though. Also not too keen on Collier. Also, wasn't Petrenko just placed on the LTI list?

Trengove has recently been placed on the LTI list, as has Leo Barry. Other than that I don't think anyone has been put on. Petrenko played yesterday, and as far as I am aware he wasn't injured.

Goddard
Fisher
Chornes
Birchall
Houlihan
Raines
Collier
pertrenko rance

Jimmy
Corey
Cross
Lewis
Rich
Anthony
Robinson Cockie

Cox
Hmac
Currie Tippet

Pavlich
Delidio
SJ
GIansiracusa
Skipworth
Hentshell
Hogan
Ziebel walker

A couple of tough combination comparision that I'd appreciate some advice on.

Gumbleton & Boak v Lucas & Haselby

AND

Adcock & Grimes v Birchall & Hill

I'm leaning towards the first option in both cases.

My new side - Draft 2 (I like this side:thumbsu::thumbsu:)

Backs - S. Fisher, L. Hodge, C. Cornes, H. Shaw, Malceski, Raines, Hill (Egan, Rance)

Mids - G. Ablett, J. Bartell, K. Cornes, Masten, Haselby, Rich (Robinson, Swift)

Rucks - Cox, Kruezer (Currie, A. Graham)

FWD - Pavlich, Richardson, Delideo, Lucas, Higgins, Sidebottom, Ziebel (B. Carroll, Balantyne)

Thoughts?? Good, Bad or otherwise

A couple of tough combination comparision that I'd appreciate some advice on.

Gumbleton & Boak v Lucas & Haselby

AND

Adcock & Grimes v Birchall & Hill

I'm leaning towards the first option in both cases.

I would go for Gumby + Boak and Birchall + Hill in the second. Boak is the only keeper in those first options, and I trust Birchall' consistency over Adcock' potential.

My new side - Draft 2 (I like this side:thumbsu::thumbsu:)

Backs - S. Fisher, L. Hodge, C. Cornes, H. Shaw, Malceski, Raines, Hill (Egan, Rance)

Mids - G. Ablett, J. Bartell, K. Cornes, Masten, Haselby, Rich (Robinson, Swift)

Rucks - Cox, Kruezer (Currie, A. Graham)

FWD - Pavlich, Richardson, Delideo, Lucas, Higgins, Sidebottom, Ziebel (B. Carroll, Balantyne)

Thoughts?? Good, Bad or otherwise

Looks good. :thumbsu:

Put more thought into your reserves though. And I doubt Sidebottom will play round 1 but he should play a fair few games later in the season.

Looks good. :thumbsu:

Put more thought into your reserves though. And I doubt Sidebottom will play round 1 but he should play a fair few games later in the season.

Hey Benno, how you going mate:thumbsu:

I must admit that I am having difficulty with the reserves....Its such a lottery if you dont know much about them.

Any advice

here's my revised team.

Backs: Goddard, C.Cornes(pc), Adcock, Lockyer, Drummond, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Suban)
Mids: Gablett (c), Kornes(pc), Swan(pc), Boak, Gibbs, Robinson (Beams, Cockie)
Rucks: Cox(vc), Leuenberger (Currie, Spencer)
Forwards: Didak, Giansiracusa, Deledio(pc), Houlihan, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell (Brown, Gumbleton)

14 keepers, 2 potential keepers and 6 cash cows. 6 options for captaincy.
Injury risks: Drummond, Higgins, C.Cornes
13k left
Committed on getting Ellis. Will wait til he is fully fit and i have enough dough to upgrade, probably around round 4-5

Any thoughts/advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back