Dream Team Squads Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Malceski, Adock, Houlihan, Myers (Suban, Petrenko)

Centres: Bartel, Kornes, Selwood, Gibbs, Skipworth, Beams (Robinson, Davenport)

Rucks: Cox, Hille (Currie, Spencer)

Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Harvey, Higgins, Vezpremi, Sidebottom, Gumbleton (Thompson, Grant)

:thumbsu::):p

Alot of iffy selections there I feel. Drummond is injury prone and Malceski's situation is unknown. That being said they can both score very high and if they can stay fit then will both be top 10 defenders. I would trade Selwood or Gibbs down and then upgrade a forward as Higgins, Vez, Side and Gumble all starting will not bring in the points. To get more cash maybe trade Harvey and Pav or Deledio down a little to the likes of Gian or NG.

You do have a valid point, but what could I fix with my team? I can't really find anything that I am not happy with thus meaning I used the money to get Bartel and left an extra 60K. If I downgrade Bartel to Swan, what could I do with the extra 110K?

If you're happy with it then there is no need to change any of it.

backs: C. Cornes, H.Shaw, T. Lockyer, J Adcock, J. Geary, A.Raines, A. Rance
Midfield: G. Ablett, J. Bartell, D.Swan, C. Sylvia, P. Haselby, J. Polkinghorne
Ruck: D.COx, M. Leunberger
Foward: M. Pavlich, M. Richardson, B. Deledio, A.Didak, S. Higgins, H. Skipworth, J. Ziebel

Reserves
M. Tyler, J. Peterenko, B. Muston, T. Swift, A. Graham, M. Pyke, T. Walker, J. Garlet

happy with this team but not to sure on my backline and reserves

Ok, I would like to see some people's thoughts on my updated team. I have $57,500 in the bank. Cheers.

Backs:

S.Fisher
Goddard
Cornes
H.Shaw
Houlihan
Raines
Hill

Suban
Rance

Midfield:

G.Ablett
Bartel
Gibbs
Masten
Hasleby
Rich

Robinson
Swift

Rucks:

Cox
Hille

Currie
Pyke

Forward:

Pavlich
Richardson
Deledio
Skipworth
Higgins
Ziebell
Gumbleton

M.Brown
Balantyne

risky starting hill, dont expect him to play every game.

Backs-
Chad Cornes
Mark Nicoski
Jesse Smith
Sam Gilbert
Andrew Raines
Stephen Hill
Matt Maguire

MidFielders-
Joel Selwood
Bryce Gibbs
Daniel Kerr
Jordan Lewis
Daniel Rich
Jack Ziebell

Rucks-
Dena Cox
David Hille

Forwards-
Brent Harvey
Lance Franklin
Matthew Pavlich
Simon Goodwin
Matthew Richardson
Alan Didak
Brad Johnson

Reserves-
Scott Gumbleton
Mitchell Brown
Kink Pyke
Tyrone Vickery
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Zac Dawson
Shaun Mckernan

Backs-
Chad Cornes
Mark Nicoski
Jesse Smith
Sam Gilbert
Andrew Raines
Stephen Hill
Matt Maguire

MidFielders-
Joel Selwood
Bryce Gibbs
Daniel Kerr
Jordan Lewis
Daniel Rich
Jack Ziebell

Rucks-
Dena Cox
David Hille

Forwards-
Brent Harvey
Lance Franklin
Matthew Pavlich
Simon Goodwin
Matthew Richardson
Alan Didak
Brad Johnson

Reserves-
Scott Gumbleton
Mitchell Brown
Kink Pyke
Tyrone Vickery
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Zac Dawson
Shaun Mckernan

Bit light on for quality forwards.

Backs-
Chad Cornes
Mark Nicoski
Jesse Smith
Sam Gilbert
Andrew Raines
Stephen Hill
Matt Maguire

MidFielders-
Joel Selwood
Bryce Gibbs
Daniel Kerr
Jordan Lewis
Daniel Rich
Jack Ziebell

Rucks-
Dena Cox
David Hille

Forwards-
Brent Harvey
Lance Franklin
Matthew Pavlich
Simon Goodwin
Matthew Richardson
Alan Didak
Brad Johnson

Reserves-
Scott Gumbleton
Mitchell Brown
Kink Pyke
Tyrone Vickery
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Zac Dawson
Shaun Mckernan
Downgrade some of your forwards so you can upgrade in the backline.

Just wondering fellas, where could I get a look at a comparison between the Guns, Rookies strategy and the Midpriced strategy? That is, if one has been done before.

Fisher, Goddard, Cornes, Birchall, Drummond, Houlihan, Raines (Rance, Petrenko)
Boyd, Selwood, Gibbs, Knights, Hasleby, Rich (Robinson, Beams)
Cox, Maric (Pyke, Orreal)
Pavlich, Deledio, Didak, Lucas, Higgins, Skipworth, Yarran/Ziebell (Walker, Gumbleton)

May swap Drummo back to Hill and upgrade Boyd to a premium mid that can be a captain option, otherwise I'm reasonably happy with it. What do others think? Cheers.

Fisher, Goddard, Cornes, Birchall, Drummond, Houlihan, Raines (Rance, Petrenko)
Boyd, Selwood, Gibbs, Knights, Hasleby, Rich (Robinson, Beams)
Cox, Maric (Pyke, Orreal)
Pavlich, Deledio, Didak, Lucas, Higgins, Skipworth, Yarran/Ziebell (Walker, Gumbleton)

May swap Drummo back to Hill and upgrade Boyd to a premium mid that can be a captain option, otherwise I'm reasonably happy with it. What do others think? Cheers.
how much in the bank?

not sold on maric and houlihan otherwise id be happy with it

I think your right you need a premium midfielder, it would also give another captain option becuase i only really see cox or pavlich otherwise

Any thoughts on my current team would be appreciated.....

Backs
Goddard, Gram, Adcock, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines, Hill.....Petrenko,Rance

Mids
Corey, Swan, Gibbs, Knights, Coughlan, Rich......Robinson, Beams

Rucks
Cox, Fraser.....Currie, Sellar

Forwards
Richardson, Deledio, Gia, Brennan, Davey (aaron), Skipworth, Henthschel....Grant, Gumbleton

how much in the bank?

not sold on maric and houlihan otherwise id be happy with it

I think your right you need a premium midfielder, it would also give another captain option becuase i only really see cox or pavlich otherwise
Cheers. I've changed Didak to Gia and Boyd to Cross, but trying to Swan instead.

Any thoughts on my current team would be appreciated.....

Backs
Goddard, Gram, Adcock, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines, Hill.....Petrenko,Rance

Mids
Corey, Swan, Gibbs, Knights, Coughlan, Rich......Robinson, Beams

Rucks
Cox, Fraser.....Currie, Sellar

Forwards
Richardson, Deledio, Gia, Brennan, Davey (aaron), Skipworth, Henthschel....Grant, Gumbleton
Nice team, except I wouldn't have Cogs and personally I only see 2 keepers in your backs, but you might think differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice team, except I wouldn't have Cogs and personally I only see 2 keepers in your backs, but you might think differently.

Thx mate....I certainly agree with Cogs...he's only there on an interim basis at the moment. Have someone else in mind who I think I can slip in there otherwise. As for my backs, they are doing my head in. The line up seems to change on a daily basis! Not sold on Malceski or Adcock and not too keen to have Hill starting. Has been good though to see Houilhan and Raines do ok but it's not a Round 1 game and they're the games that count!

Two keepers in backs? Thats a bit rough. If you were picking adcock/malceski you would be picking them in full confidence they could return to their 2007 levels and average 80+ which is a low end keeper IMO.

Two keepers in backs? Thats a bit rough. If you were picking adcock/malceski you would be picking them in full confidence they could return to their 2007 levels and average 80+ which is a low end keeper IMO.
Adcock and Malceski won't return to those levels IMO, but as I said he might think differently.

Adcock and Malceski won't return to those levels IMO, but as I said he might think differently.

That's a fairly big call, while Adcock hasn't got a lot of it thus far in the pre season comp, as we all know these aren't the teams that coaches will be fielding round one, same with player positions.

As for Malcheski, with a very interrupted 08' due to a pre season knee injury, i wouldn't be writing him off, that running HBF role is open for him with Kenelly leaving.

I agree hirdy. I think both of them could quite easily average 80+. Whether they both will obviously is unknown, but i think if you have confidence in them, then pick them as they both offer value.

Malceski also apparently played well yesterday.

Malceski, Adcock, Mundy, Drummond - i reckon 2 of these will be good keepers in 2009. Picking the two it will be though is the hard part.

That's a fairly big call, while Adcock hasn't got a lot of it thus far in the pre season comp, as we all know these aren't the teams that coaches will be fielding round one, same with player positions.

As for Malcheski, with a very interrupted 08' due to a pre season knee injury, i wouldn't be writing him off, that running HBF role is open for him with Kenelly leaving.
Yeah, they could definitely go back to 07 form but I'm not confident enough that they will.

Going to try again, as nobody commented last time. I really need some help, Please

I haven't played this before, and i haven't taken much notice of current performances. But..............

DEFENDERS: J. Bowden, L Hodge, B Goddard, J Adcock, J Smith (NM), N Brown, S Hill RESERVES: N Suban, A Rance

MIDFIELD: G Ablett, J Corey, B Gibbs, R Griffen, T Tuck, D Rich RESERVES: S Sidebottom, P Dangerfield

RUCKS: D Cox, M Kreuzer RESERVES: A Cordy, D Currie

FORWARDS: M Pavlich, B Deledio, B Harvey, B McKinley, S Higgins, S Edwards, S Gumbleton RESERVES: H Ballantyne, T Gilchrist

$10,800 left.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Going to try again, as nobody commented last time. I really need some help, Please

I haven't played this before, and i haven't taken much notice of current performances. But..............

DEFENDERS: J. Bowden, L Hodge, B Goddard, J Adcock, J Smith (NM), N Brown, S Hill RESERVES: N Suban, A Rance

MIDFIELD: G Ablett, J Corey, B Gibbs, R Griffen, T Tuck, D Rich RESERVES: S Sidebottom, P Dangerfield

FORWARDS: M Pavlich, B Deledio, B Harvey, B McKinley, S Higgins, S Edwards, S Gumbleton RESERVES: H Ballantyne, T Gilchrist

$10,800 left.

doesnt look like too bad of a side...
Maybe downgrade bowden to upgrade brown or kreuzer if u wanna change something..

$10,800 left.

Since you begged.
I would avoid Hodgey and Bowden from the start. Quite pricey and the backs have alot of good midprice options. Downgrade one of them to the likes of Cornes. The other one to a Dummond, Mundy, Malceski, Adcock (theres plenty around this price if you look).
With the money saved get rid of JWS, Ive heard bad things look at Houlihan. Then upgrade N Brown (I see no growth in DT scores) and Hill to a Raines/Grimes/Other promising cheapies and try and lock Hill on the pine. Not much floating around in back rookies. Hill should make a good backup and if he does really well drop the worse performing of your cheapies down to backup and avoid those nasty donuts of last season.

Mids: Pick one of Ablett or Corey IMO, too pricey to start both. Perhaps a Kornes, J. Selwood or even down further Judd, Kerr, Knights.
Maybe look at upgrading Rich to a Haselby or something.

Ruck: Risk starting Kreuzer, ballsy move I wouldnt do it. Perhaps consider a Mcintosh, Hille, Sandilands, Ottens as your 2nd as the backups will be lucky to play and I dont know how well Kreuzer will go score wise. However this will draine some cash from other areas, which im not sure you can afford without a restructure.

Forwards: I dont know who J. Edwards is but consider the Skippy, good buy if he continues NAB form. I would also look to be playing either a Yarran or Ziebell, not gumby. Should make an alright bench but I feel gumby perhaps wont rack up as bigger scores. Ballantyne is injured aswell and I have no idea about Gilchrist so I would also look to swap rookies but as things change so often perhaps this can wait till a week before rnd1

It's very solid. I'm wondering whether there is any reasoning to leaving out all of the more expensive rookies? Take a look at past years, you'll find that the top rookies often get a lot of games early. If you're happy with the ones you have though, then spending up on Yarran, Hill, Ziebell, Rich etc. isn't really necessary.

Well, I've jumped off Rich and Yarran. Don't want Hill as I don't want a rookie starting in backline. However, will get Ziebell if named Round 1 :) Ty for advice but.

Alot of iffy selections there I feel. Drummond is injury prone and Malceski's situation is unknown. That being said they can both score very high and if they can stay fit then will both be top 10 defenders. I would trade Selwood or Gibbs down and then upgrade a forward as Higgins, Vez, Side and Gumble all starting will not bring in the points. To get more cash maybe trade Harvey and Pav or Deledio down a little to the likes of Gian or NG.

I think the backline could be the real letdown, but have faith in Vezpremi/Higghins and two rookies. Thanks but, i'll take a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back