Dream Team Squads Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've jumped off Rich and Yarran. Don't want Hill as I don't want a rookie starting in backline. However, will get Ziebell if named Round 1 :) Ty for advice but.

North play on Sunday which means we will only get a 25 man squad before lockout. Btw, good luck changing your team during the 160 minutes between the 5pm team sheets and the 7:40 lockout.

Round 1 fixture:

http://www.afl.com.au/Fixture/tabid/10586/default.aspx

Better chance this year than last.

Only because of the extra hour or so. There is also the added security of knowing (hopefully) that your team wont be wiped with this new save button. There's nothing to suggest the server will cope any better this year though.

Current side:
Backs - Fisher, Goddard, C.Cornes, Buckley, Houlihan, Raines, Grimes (Suban, Petrenko)
Mids - Green, Gibbs, Knights, Masten, Tuck, Rich (Otten, Robinson)
Rucks: Cox, Fraser (White, Currie)
Forwards: Richo, Didak, Gia, McGlynn, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Walker)

Any suggestions on how to improve? Not really comfortable with McGlynn & Buckley, and with Rich starting, but want a squad that has a couple of unique features compared to others that have been mentioned.

Cheers

I agree hirdy. I think both of them could quite easily average 80+. Whether they both will obviously is unknown, but i think if you have confidence in them, then pick them as they both offer value.

Malceski also apparently played well yesterday.

Malceski, Adcock, Mundy, Drummond - i reckon 2 of these will be good keepers in 2009. Picking the two it will be though is the hard part.

Players you want to pick, but aren't consistent due to injury etc. Drummond and Malceski are my wants, but are too high of a risk. Adcock would be the safer bet out of the above mentioned imo.

Ok, feeling pretty good about this team:

BACKS
Cornes. Lockyer. Goddard. Malceski. Houilhan. Gilbert. Raines.

Hill. Rance

MIDDLE
Ablett. Judd. Kerr. Foley. Schammer. Higgins.

Rich. Beams.

RUCK
Bradley. Kruezer.

Graham. Currie.

FORWARDS
Richardson. Franklin. Didak. Jack Reiwoldt. LeCras. Lucas. Hentschel.

Walker. Ziebell.

What does everyone think? I know the rucks is a bit weak but I can really see Bradley stepping up this year. I also see a drop in form for Cox so everyone, get rid of him now ;)

P.S. Got 53,000 left in the kitty. Cheers :thumbsu:

Ok, feeling pretty good about this team:

BACKS
Cornes. Lockyer. Goddard. Malceski. Houilhan. Gilbert. Raines.

Hill. Rance

MIDDLE
Ablett. Judd. Kerr. Foley. Schammer. Higgins.

Rich. Beams.

RUCK
Bradley. Kruezer.

Graham. Currie.

FORWARDS
Richardson. Franklin. Didak. Jack Reiwoldt. LeCras. Lucas. Hentschel.

Walker. Ziebell.

What does everyone think? I know the rucks is a bit weak but I can really see Bradley stepping up this year. I also see a drop in form for Cox so everyone, get rid of him now ;)

P.S. Got 53,000 left in the kitty. Cheers :thumbsu:

Without sounding too harsh, your team could do with a fair bit of improvement yet; the only decent area of your team is the backline.

In your midfield Schammer is very much a risk, not so much injury wise, but in terms of performance i don't see him stepping up to produce scores worthy enough to include him in your side, particularly for the price he is quoted at. You'd find more servicable players that are much cheaper and will score around the same, if not more than what Schammer would. Masten and Hasleby are a couple that stand out.

Also i'd include Higgins in the forward line rather than in the midfield as he is a waste of a spot there, given the large amount of quality players in the midfield compared to the forwards.

Bradley as your first ruck seems to be the worst part of the team. Sure, if you have an inkling that he'll fire this season then that's fine, it's your decision, but i'm sure even Freo supporters wouldn't have the confidence to put him in their teams as their first ruck, which says something about Bradley. If you can't afford Cox, who i highly recommend you consider seeing as though he is almost guaranteed to score 90-100 most weeks, Simmonds, Ottens and Sandilands are much better options.

Your forward line is promising, although it is riddled with players coming back from injury or have had a limited/modified pre-season. Franklin, Lucas and Hentschel are the sore points in question. I'm trying not to select too many players that are coming off injuries, and 3-4 in one area is just too risky if most of them do happen to break down and you're only left with 2 trades to make a week.

BACKS:
Embley
Goddard
Cornes
Enright
Houlihan
Raines
S.Hill

Rance
Suban

MIDS:
K.Cornes
Selwood
Judd
Adcock
Haselby
Rich

Robinson
Swift

RUCKS:
Hille
Fraser

Vickery
Spencer

FORWARDS:
Riewoldt
Deledio
Didak
Fevola
Higgins
Skipworth
Ziebell

Ballantyne
M.Brown

$8,600 left

Any Thoughts Appreciated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im finding myself going to and fro with my team.. your thoughts would be great.

Backs: Goddard, Lockyer, Mattner, Stevens, Drummond, Raines, Hill (Suban, Broughton)

Mids: Selwood, Tuck, Gibbs, Knights, Masten, Robinson (Anthony, Beams)

Rucks: Cox, Hille (Jacobs, Pyke)

Forwards: Deledio, Didak, Giansiracusa, Brennan, Higgins, Skipworth, Ziebell (Hogan, Thorp)

Players you want to pick, but aren't consistent due to injury etc. Drummond and Malceski are my wants, but are too high of a risk. Adcock would be the safer bet out of the above mentioned imo.

There is risks with all, but i think in hindisght, two of these players will have averaged 80+ and played a fair few games.

Selections have been based on both previous years experience and NAB cup form as an indication of who has an a good pre-season and who is lifted to the next level.

Backs
S. Fisher, Goddard, Lockyer, Drummond, Houlihan, Raines, Hill E. Suban, Rance

Reasoning: Fisher and Goddard have been proven scorers for me over the past few years and not a fan of enright and mackie in that price range even though im a geelong supporter. I feel the risk on drummond is worthwhile with adcocks form being pretty poor in the Nab cup up to date. Houlihan and Raines as good value for money and hopefully some improvement in price.

Midfield:
Corey, Pentlebury, Gibbs, K. Simpons, Foley, Ziebell E. Beams, Swift

Reasoning: Corey as captain, proven scorer and saved money on both ablett and bartel. Pentlebury and Gibbs are future stars of the game and for their price have showed enormous potential in the NAB cup to date. K. Simpson and Foley are both playing for teams on the rise, have also had good Nab cup results. Ziebell is said to be an already built AFL player and has proven it in his 1st 2 matches.

Rucks:
Hille, Fraser E. Currie, Trengrove

Reasoning: Couldnt afford or justify cox in my team and both hille and fraser are mobile ruckmen who can go forward and get some goals.

Forwards:
Richardson, Didak, Gia, B.Harvey, Higgins, Skipworth and one of either Gumbleton, W.Thompson or S.Simpson to play with the other 2 being emergencies.

Reasoning:
Richardson, Didak, Gia and Harvey are all quality high scoring players. Higgins as been in good form and showed a quality display against geelong in last years final series. Skipworth has scored extremely well for essendon in his past 2 hitouts in the NAB cup.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated. Especially relating to alternative players and reasoning for changes.

Backs
Hodge
Bowden
Goddard
Cornes
Houlihan
Raines
Hill

Mckernan
Mcnamara

Midfield
Ablett
Cross
Gibbs
Haselby
Rich
Kornes

Swift
Robinson

Rucks
Symonds
Hille

Bailey
j.tippet

Forwards
Pavlich
Deledio
Harvey
Higgins
Skipworth
Ziebell
walker

Gumbleton
Ballantyrne

14,00 in the bank suggestions please

@lfctorres9

I would suggest you use your spare money to upgrade your starting rookies. 5 IMO is very risky. There is no chance they will all play 22 games/ score well. You may find your self getting a couple 0's and that could be costly. I would try and have 3 starting rookies if possible....4 at most.

Other than that good team :thumbsu:!.

BACKS- Goddard,Cornes,Gilbee,Malceski,Adcock,Mundy,Hill, Rance,Cheney

MIDS- Swan,Cross,Cornes,COtchin,HAselby,Rich
Robinson,Dangerfield

FWD-Harvey,Murphy(WB),J Brown,Lucas,Higgins,Skipworth,Watts
Ziebell,Gumbleton

not to sure about this team. some advice would be awesome

Not to sure how my team looks atm. Is it ok? or what do i need to do to fix it up a bit? cheers

Goddard, S.Fisher, C.Cornes, Drummond, Houlihan, Petterd, Raines

Swan, Murphy, Deledio, Higgins, Skipworth, Rich

Cox, Kosi/Ottens :confused:

N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Richardson, J.Brown, Tarrant:eek:, Hentschel:eek:, Ziebell

BACKS- Goddard,Cornes,Gilbee,Malceski,Adcock,Mundy,Hill, Rance,Cheney

MIDS- Swan,Cross,Cornes,COtchin,HAselby,Rich
Robinson,Dangerfield

FWD-Harvey,Murphy(WB),J Brown,Lucas,Higgins,Skipworth,Watts
Ziebell,Gumbleton

not to sure about this team. some advice would be awesome

get rid off watts man, hes injured and is still at least 8 weeks from getting a game

Selections have been based on both previous years experience and NAB cup form as an indication of who has an a good pre-season and who is lifted to the next level.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated. Especially relating to alternative players and reasoning for changes.

Since you put effort into reasoning behind your team, ill give you some feedback.

How confident are you of rance cracking the tigers best 22? Some of us have doubts about raines, let alone a draftee like rance. So maybe rethink either the name of that player (ie rance) or your structure (shift hill onto bench). I would consider putting hill on bench if you are playing drummond.

Other than that, backs have potential, and you should get 3-4 keepers out of that.

Corey is a bit of a unique pick really. If people are going big, most are picking ablett or bartel. Pendlebury i like, and simpson could be a good pick and has shown a fair bit in NAB. As for foley, he has dominated NAB as he hasn’t had much of a tag – this wont happen in season proper. In third quarter of round one, he had 15 possessions at 87% which showed exactly why he will always get attention. I think he is underpriced, but probably only by 10ppg. In that price range, this is ok, but id be hoping for 15 at least. Not picking rich is interesting, but you obviously have your reasons.

Rucks are fine. Obviously plan to bring cox in later. Trengrove? Doubt he will get games. Downgrade to spencer or pyke or orreal.

Forwards i think are a little too top heavy with 4 true premiums. Downgrade one to either davis/brennan/Sylvia type player or even further to some lick jack riewoldt. With the forwards, you reserves and 7th FW are poor. Considering that yarren, ziebell, grant, walker, Hogan all there too.
While gumby should get games, i don’t think he is the best pick out of that lot. Thompson has shown something, but still needs to get elevated, so don’t lock him in till then. Simpson going to get games??? I would say switch ziebell to the FWs and put another mid in like rich, otten, robinson, but thats just me.

Overall a good team, that is on the more unique side than most of those posted.

Remember that was just my 2 cents, and you could justify leaving that team as is EASILY, so don’t take anything i say as gospel!

Not to sure how my team looks atm. Is it ok? or what do i need to do to fix it up a bit? cheers

Goddard, S.Fisher, C.Cornes, Drummond, Houlihan, Petterd, Raines

Swan, Murphy, Deledio, Higgins, Skipworth, Rich

Cox, Kosi/Ottens :confused:

N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Richardson, J.Brown, Tarrant:eek:, Hentschel:eek:, Ziebell

A couple of things. Get rid of Petterd, cant see him scoring well.

Get Deledio in the forward line and not in the midfield as there are more options in the mid.

Having Riewoldt and Brown at the start of the season is risky as they usually dont fire until the later half of the season.

Don't know why you have Tarrant...reasoning?

And out of Kosi or Ottens....deffinetely Ottens!

Okay so after heaps of tinkering team now looks like this:

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Waite, McPhee, Malceski, Raines, Grimes (Hill, Petrenko)

Mids: Corey, Swan, Gibbs, T. Tuck, Rich, Ziebell (Robinson, Beams)

Rucks: Cox, Petrie (Graham, Spencer)

Forwards: Deledio, Didak, Giansiracusa, Sylvia, Higgins, Skipworth, Walker (Gumbleton, M. Brown)

Ive gone for a few cheaper options down back this time round, which allowed me to get Corey in the side. I wanted another genuine captain option, and should score well considering who the Cats play early on.

A lot rides on Waite, McPhee and Malceski, but if they can score well enough to be keepers (85+) this team should do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back